• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Special Juan

• Jas

3 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

It is hard comparing teams between eras, but let me say this although the pundit/expert who is usually ex player will say that the old player era is the best but in all sport, the newer athlete is better.

It is simple, you have better nutrition, better training facilities. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

This might be unpopular opinion but our 2009/10 side is overrated. Sure, we won our first league-FA Cup double and scored tons of goals but that side had a number of shockers along the way and the goals scored record shouldn't hide the fact that we did it because of 4 games between Jan and May 2010. Mourinho's first side 12-13 years ago was far more accomplished than the 2009/10 version.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Jason said:

This might be unpopular opinion but our 2009/10 side is overrated. Sure, we won our first league-FA Cup double and scored tons of goals but that side had a number of shockers along the way and the goals scored record shouldn't hide the fact that we did it because of 4 games between Jan and May 2010. Mourinho's first side 12-13 years ago was far more accomplished than the 2009/10 version.

I agree, I remember that season, it was either loss/draw, or 3+ goals for us. And finishing only point above United, winning the league in the last game. But, I also remember that we've won that season every of our top 4 games (in that time there was no top 6). We were good against big sides, and awful against smaller sides. And I still think we should've gone through in UCL against Inter with a little bit more of luck.

Tottenham came to play on the counter. City1-0 in 15 minutes. This game is already looking over . City really are a joy to watch. The idiots that were trolling Pep can all STFU right now. That guy has an amazing football mind. 

This is gonna sound controversial but that's not the aim of this claim. De Bruyne is a more refined and better version of Gerrard. I find him more efficient and clever in his use of the ball than Gerrard. This is comparing both players at their peak. De Bruyne of course has his entire career in front of him.

Silva-Fernandinho-De Bruyne is the best midfield I've seen in the PL in a looong time. They're elevating the entire team. The ball circulation is mesmerising and their positioning is simply immaculate. Their touch never fails them, always turning into space to then play the ball to the right player at the right speed. The service their forwards receive is top notch.

The entire organisation of the team is amazing. Man, I love good football.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DYC. said:

This is gonna sound controversial but that's not the aim of this claim. De Bruyne is a more refined and better version of Gerrard. I find him more efficient and clever in his use of the ball than Gerrard. This is comparing both players at their peak. De Bruyne of course has his entire career in front of him.

Silva-Fernandinho-De Bruyne is the best midfield I've seen in the PL in a looong time. They're elevating the entire team. The ball circulation is mesmerising and their positioning is simply immaculate. Their touch never fails them, always turning into space to then play the ball to the right player at the right speed. The service their forwards receive is top notch.

The entire organisation of the team is amazing. Man, I love good football.

You have to give Pep credit for that. He's successfully implemented his brand of football on the Premier league.

As for De Bruyne/Gerrard. De Bruyne is more similar to Beckham than he is to Gerrard. Gerrard never played with this level of talent in his career and certainly not with such an attacking genius of a manager. That matters a lot DYC. Sterling looks like Garrincha in this team. Let's not go overboard

16 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I love how they are able to keep every short pass nicely on the ground and all the first touches seem to be close to perfect. Can't play this type of football with Bakayoko.

I get what you're saying but it's not all about Bakayoko, is it? :lol:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

No wonder Abramovich was so desperate to get Guardiola.

I am not sure we are in the running for pep. I thought a while ago, he either will go to arsenal or city. Our team is not technical enough for pep