Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The English Football Thread

Steve
Followers 12

5 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

im not going to watch football anymore if we lose the title...

Dont make promises you cant keep 

• Like 1
  • Replies 57.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Chelsea fans are the only people who can find pessimism when we are up 7 points with 7 matches remaining.

Chill out and enjoy the ride. If we go on a perfect home form, the title will be ours. Spurs wont have a perfect run. We dont even need to beat Manure or Everton. Relax!

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Im not banking on anything i will assume Spurs will win every game and we need 15 points until the goalpost's change, but people are really underestimating Tottenham's fixtures.

Not underestimating but merely assessing what could be at stake for the other team in Spurs' run-in. It's easy to say now 'this will be tough, that will be tough for them' (I've been thinking the same) but by the time those games come around, those teams could be in 'beach mode' already. I do think they'll drop points somewhere but you never know IF they might just win all, just like no one had thought we would win 13 league games in a row this season.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Not underestimating but merely assessing what could be at stake for the other team in Spurs' run-in. It's easy to say now 'this will be tough, that will be tough for them' (I've been thinking the same) but by the time those games come around, those teams could be in 'beach mode' already. I do think they'll drop points somewhere but you never know IF they might just win all, just like no one had thought we would win 13 league games in a row this season.

No chance they break that record and go 14 in a row. Not a chance in hell.

Ibrahimovic's exploits in the PL at the age of 35, his debut season as well, is the stuff of legends. Don't think it's highlighted enough. It's the most physically demanding league around. And he's a striker. That's the hardest position to play and the position in which players suffer the sharpest declines.

35. Juggernaut.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Ibrahimovic's exploits in the PL at the age of 35, his debut season as well, is the stuff of legends. Don't think it's highlighted enough. It's the most physically demanding league around. And he's a striker. That's the hardest position to play and the position in which players suffer the sharpest declines.

35. Juggernaut.

Considering all the talk about how he may not be able to keep up, he has certainly proved anyone that believed that to be true, wrong! I've always thought he is class and he has proved it for sure. 

Tell you what though, Sunderland look scared on the ball. Never seen so much hesitation and panic on the ball and just a look of being lost. 

6 hours ago, Leif said:

He's 35, that means he's scored on average 50 goals a season in what's supposed to be his twilight years? That's mad :blink:

• Like 2

Absolutely insane player... He'll be 40 before he retires.

What a transfer he was for Utd, has soley kept them above 10th.

4 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Palace trashing arsene's team 3-0 :D
Can't be beaten from Bayern Munich, if you don't play in CL.

Just seen the score. Ah, those lovely popcorn and Arsenal Fan TV moments. Would have been better for us if Arsenal had won so that was what I wanted. Still can't help smiling though can you. 😊😊

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just seen the score. Ah, those lovely popcorn and Arsenal Fan TV moments. Would have been better for us if Arsenal had won so that was what I wanted. Still can't help smiling though can you. 😊😊

Your avatar of Greavsie mate -check out how he looks now in my Greaves thread - tragic

17 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Your avatar of Greavsie mate -check out how he looks now in my Greaves thread - tragic

Yes, I saw it. Sad. Sadder still is the fact that the way he is now is an improvement. A stroke is a tough thing.

• Like 1