The English Football Thread

Steve

Southampton should've destroyed Arsenal. It's quite bizarre how fragile Arsenal can be. Fine players turning into complete parodies of themselves a few times per season and the collective imploding like a bunch of children. Wenger has lost it. No more excuses.

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Lampard is a fucking joke, man. I never thought I'll say that or feel that way but the man has now destroyed whatever legacy he has here. What's his excuse for remaining at City or even going there in the 1st place? This man is no legend, just a money grubbing cunt. And some people were talking about giving him a statue. Fuck Frank and I hope the club keep its distance from him after his career is done. He's no Osgood, Harris, Dixon, Zola, Terry or Drogba. Just another football player who worships money and attention. I can't believe I was deceived by this fraud for 13 odd years. Those might sound like harsh words until you realize the ramifications his goals will have on potentially denying us the title. We'll then have to win the Champions league and we know how difficult that is to do. If not Mourinho could be sacked and some of our star players might start to look at other clubs. It's the worst case scenario but we have to prepare mentally for such an eventuality. And City should be bothered how much they're relying on him as well.

Mou won't be sacked unless we have a massive nose dive, Romans previous sackings run deeper than just results.

Making another Scolari lite error will set us back years, under Jose we will at worst be competing at a very high level.

Mou won't be sacked unless we have a massive nose dive, Romans previous sackings run deeper than just results.

Making another Scolari lite error will set us back years, under Jose we will at worst be competing at a very high level.

Think again.

exactly.be stupid to do it again seeing as we're going in the right direction

Wouldn't be Lampards fault be the board for being so daft!

Love how most arsenal fans aren't even surprised

So then what was the excuse that the reason mourinho don't play much youth right now is because we have to win something?

Ironic that you're commenting about how Hazard deserves the recognition today (which I fully agree with btw) and then go on to post about Lampard in the Hazard thread.

Leave the Lampard discussion for the Lampard thread, and the Hazard discussion for here.

Hazard was indeed brilliant today. I loved the fight he had in him. Absolutely outstanding, even when we were 4-1 or 5-2 down.

And if you're going to call Lampard a liar and a son of a bitch, do it in his thread because I would love to reply to that but this thread is about Hazard.

I'll answer here, because I refuse to go to Lampard's thread.

I just meant that we should be praising Hazard for what he's been doing more than resenting Lampard for what he's been doing.

The liar SOB part was because I lost all respect for him regarding this transfer (I've always defended him, and I still believe he's free to choose to play wherever he pleases, wherever he feels is better for him). The liar SOB part - and should have added coward - is that is now reported he has never signed with NYC in the first place, but with City and didn't even have the decency of doing it for everyone to see. Man up, and admit what you do, like a man, don't be a coward. Ashley left Arsenal and came here, many others did the same. The fans get pissed, but do it in the clear, for everyone to see, don't come with those shady deals to save face. Not to mention how the NYC fans are probably feeling cheated on.

I still respect his legacy with us, I would still respect him as a MAN (has nothing to do as a player) if he had done the deal with City in the clear, but after acting like a coward, a man that runs away from the consequences of his actions, I've got no respect left for him.

And I'm not willing to keep talking about him - so I don't think I'll answer you again on the matter, as I said, it's sad that instead of talking about Hazard - our present and future, most people are talking about Lampard.