Chelsea 0-1 Man United

BlueLion.

Other than hit the post and force a world class save from Van Der Sar....

He didnt hit the post, Drogba did Torres never touched it. Re: the header you are referring to that was not a world class save. It was in slow motion, Van Der Sar made it look good for the camera's...

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I didn't want to be saying that !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's over isn't it,let's face it.

I guess we could think that... or we could support our team and give them the benefit of the doubt that they can beat united , lets see what happens Tuesday win or loose it dosent change a thing im still behind the team and will look forward to next season and hopefully a more sucessfull one.

Chin up!

The second leg won't be easy at all, but a good performance will see us through. If we play like we did last night, we've no hope. Something has to change. We can't put exactly the same team out with the same formation and tactics. Look at Inter last season - we didn't stand a chance. Get an early goal and we're even. We can win there.

We can't complain about referees if we play poorly for 89 minutes.

I guess we could think that... or we could support our team and give them the benefit of the doubt that they can beat united , lets see what happens Tuesday win or loose it dosent change a thing im still behind the team and will look forward to next season and hopefully a more sucessfull one.

Chin up!

Yeah true, but I did stress that I din't want to be sayinng all this only losing 1-0 nonsense.

We can still win,i've no doubt even if they score first it doesn't change much.

Yeah true, but I did stress that I din't want to be sayinng all this only losing 1-0 nonsense.

We can still win,i've no doubt even if they score first it doesn't change much.

In a way we all knew this was going to happen , Chelsea dont like to do things the easy way (remember 4-4 at the bridge).

It was a terrible performance, the scoreline hides that so badly. At the moment, we don't deserve to be in the tie and it could've been 4 - 0 to them if they didn't focus on defending so much. There were a few really good chances that we should've put away but didn't.

Drogba's last 10 minutes for me showed his frustration, one of our best threats during the game, he simply looked like he couldn't be bothered anymore and why should he anyway? Nobody around was putting in a shift that would change the game, every loose ball, every long ball challenge, every tackle the Utd players went in 100% and fully committed to the cause. The CFC players though...I think they wanted to be at home last night as much as I did.

Credit to the Utd fans, didn't set the world alight with noise but didn't stop singing for the whole game and as for us in the ground, it's so hard to get going when the commitment isn't there from the team.

If we had a decent lead, we may have messed it up. Look at the 3-1 we got at Anfield - we came back to the Bridge and had to come from two goals down to draw 4-4.

At least we can't become complacent now.

This season we've had Ivan and Cech at each others throats and last night Torres was mouthing some thing along the lines of "You lazy twat,why didn't you chase that".

Credit to the Utd fans, didn't set the world alight with noise but didn't stop singing for the whole game and as for us in the ground, it's so hard to get going when the commitment isn't there from the team.

That's the trouble. We need a shake up in midfield,I wonder if Benayoun can play against Wigan. Give Mikel a go and give Ramires his chance in the middle.

The United fans showed their true ignorance last night by shouting "you Scouse bastard" at Torres, who is from Madrid and lives in London, despite the fact Rooney grew up and played in Liverpool.

Thought we gave a good accopunt of ourselves last night and am optimistic for Tuesday. They had more or less one chance and took it. Van de Sar is the difference, and he wont be there next season so they will probably have a Arsenal type keeper crisis. :eyebrows:

Our support wa s tepid last night but the vocal lot that go to away games will be at OT.

We need an early goal there, like they did and then counter attack. KTBFFH blue%20scalf.gif

Much delayed post match rant (I've been in a horrible mood ever since the game) :

• We were awful, absolutely dreadful. I've just sat through our worst home performance of the season. Yes it was even worse than Sunderland because when you consider the occasion and the opposition, you expect your team to be up for it and they weren't. And I can't understand why.
  • I'm not going to sit here and pretend that the penalty would have made a difference, because it wouldn't have. Of course it was a blatant penalty but it's too easy to blame the result on it. And the people who are doing so can't face the fact that we were utter shite. Fact is, we didn't deserve to get a good result yesterday.
  • Also the talk about us trying to play football while they defend is utter bollocks. We looked unable to cope when United were on the attack and I lost count of the number of times I was flinching and gasping when the ball was around our box. Total mayhem.
  • Chances don't matter, taking them does. Isn't this what we say everytime we beat Arsenal? Why the fuck are people complaining about United's 'only real chance' that went in? They took theirs and we didn't. End of.
  • There was no purpose to our play. Misplaced passes, mistimed runs, overrunning balls...the whole gamut. It was so distorted it was fucking embarrassing to watch.
  • How many poor games is Essien allowed to have? Bloody hell he's become such an inconsequential player it's unbelievable. Oh and Bosingwa shouldn't play a game for us again. I'd prefer Paulo over him. I'm glad he's off in the summer.
  • Barring Essien and Drogba, I thought Carlo got the starting eleven right, though it's not as if he had real different options available. But seriously what's with the substitutions? Mikel for Bosingwa? Throwing that twat Malouda on? Bonkers.
  • It's obvious there's unrest in the dressing room. The French contingent doesn't like Torres' arrival. Drogba didn't pass once to him the entire game, thoiugh admittedly Torres was poor as well. We were playing like two separate teams out there.
  • After HT I thought we'd be up for it-show more passion, bravery, menace, aggression, chase down balls, press them quickly, improve the tempo etc. But it didn't happen. Either these players don't want to play for Carlo or they're putting themselves above the team. Especially Malouda, Drogba. They know it's easier to sack one guy than sack eleven and they're working towards it. I'm ashamed really.
  • I fear for Carlo's job if he can't turn it around in the second leg. That's not to say that I'd agree with it.
  • Having said all that, this is far from over. An early goal at OT and we'll be in business. But things have to improve dramatically, both from the manager and from the players. You can expect a dressing room visit from Roman during the next few days.

Out-played. Out-fought. Out-thought. Disgusting.

• We were awful, absolutely dreadful. I've just sat through our worst home performance of the season. Yes it was even worse than Sunderland because when you consider the occasion and the opposition, you expect your team to be up for it and they weren't. And I can't understand why.
  • I'm not going to sit here and pretend that the penalty would have made a difference, because it wouldn't have. Of course it was a blatant penalty but it's too easy to blame the result on it. And the people who are doing so can't face the fact that we were utter shite. Fact is, we didn't deserve to get a good result yesterday.
  • Also the talk about us trying to play football while they defend is utter bollocks. We looked unable to cope when United were on the attack and I lost count of the number of times I was flinching and gasping when the ball was around our box. Total mayhem.
  • Chances don't matter, taking them does. Isn't this what we say everytime we beat Arsenal? Why the fuck are people complaining about United's 'only real chance' that went in? They took theirs and we didn't. End of.
  • There was no purpose to our play. Misplaced passes, mistimed runs, overrunning balls...the whole gamut. It was so distorted it was fucking embarrassing to watch.
  • How many poor games is Essien allowed to have? Bloody hell he's become such an inconsequential player it's unbelievable. Oh and Bosingwa shouldn't play a game for us again. I'd prefer Paulo over him. I'm glad he's off in the summer.
  • Barring Essien and Drogba, I thought Carlo got the starting eleven right, though it's not as if he had real different options available. But seriously what's with the substitutions? Mikel for Bosingwa? Throwing that twat Malouda on? Bonkers.
  • It's obvious there's unrest in the dressing room. The French contingent doesn't like Torres' arrival. Drogba didn't pass once to him the entire game, thoiugh admittedly Torres was poor as well. We were playing like two separate teams out there.
  • After HT I thought we'd be up for it-show more passion, bravery, menace, aggression, chase down balls, press them quickly, improve the tempo etc. But it didn't happen. Either these players don't want to play for Carlo or they're putting themselves above the team. Especially Malouda, Drogba. They know it's easier to sack one guy than sack eleven and they're working towards it. I'm ashamed really.
  • I fear for Carlo's job if he can't turn it around in the second leg. That's not to say that I'd agree with it.
  • Having said all that, this is far from over. An early goal at OT and we'll be in business. But things have to improve dramatically, both from the manager and from the players. You can expect a dressing room visit from Roman during the next few days.

Out-played. Out-fought. Out-thought. Disgusting.

:goodpost: However i think Drogba has a right to have felt pissed off last night, he was much better than Torres. We need to revert back to 4-3-3 with Drogba the main striker till the summer. Essien and Lampard are not good enough to play 4-4-2 against top opposion. Then lets regroup in the summer and make big decisions. I agree lets look to get Drogba, Anelka and Malouda out and bring a new style to the bridge and that means creative players.

How many have manure lost at home this season?

When was the last time they lost 2-0 or worse at home?

They hadnt won at SB since 2002 before last night

We were the better team last night , and get an early goal Tuesday to shut the prawners up and we can win.

They hadnt won at SB since 2002 before last night

We were the better team last night , and get an early goal Tuesday to shut the prawners up and we can win.

Exactly an early goal would be key , even if we had drew we would still need to score. so our mentality should be to attack either way. the advantage we have is if we do score it counts double.