Shaun Wright-Phillips

the wes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Various repots this morning that Pompey are going to make a £10m offer for him, but will face competition from Newcastle to sign him.

Personally i think it is time for him to move on, we need to move up from him and he needs to move on to make a go at a club where he can play more often.

Portsmouth would be a great move for him, I think. He and Defoe would link up really well. I think its time for him to move on, he's clearly out of favour at Chelsea.

Absolutely, take the £10m and let us all move on. Nice enough bloke, but never going to cut at the very highest level on a regular basis.

I think pretty much everyone knows the time is right for him to move on. Replacing him is going to be the biggest signing we will make this summer. Shaun has had a good go put has *excuse the pun* come up short. His best performances have been playing in the middle and we have more than enough talent in that department.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://cfcuk.net/story.php?id=101051

Cfcuk can reveal that Shaun Wright-Phillips has joined Everton.

More to follow

And:

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari admits he would be willing to trim his squad ahead of the close of the transfer-window and that could mean Shaun Wright-Phillips being allowed to leave.

The likes of Juliano Belletti, Branislav Ivanovic, Andriy Shevchenko and Wright-Phillips are all on the fringes of the first-team squad at Stamford Bridge.

Scolari currently has 26 players in his senior set-up and he admits he could be willing to let up to two of them leave.

Shevchenko was this week in talks with AC Milan - but the deal fell through, and Scolari insisted he was more than happy to see the Ukrainian stay.

Belletti, Ivanovic and Wright-Phillips have also been linked with moves away and the England star has a number of clubs interested in taking him.

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is desperate to take him to Fratton Park, whilst Aston Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle and former club Manchester City are also thought to be keen.

Scolari insists he does not know if anyone has come in for Wright-Phillips but dropped a big hint that he would be happy for him to depart.

"We have 26 players now," said Scolari.

"If I lose one or two, it's not a problem for me because I have a minimum 24 or 25.

"I don't know if some clubs want Shaun [Wright-Phillips] and I don't know what the player thinks about offers from other teams but as I've said before, if I have 24 or 25 and three or four players for two positions, I am happy.

"I have three or four players in this position - right wing, left wing. If the club sell one or two players more, it's not a problem for me."

sky sport news

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You