Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Wayne Rooney

J.F.
Followers 4

I still reckon United will wait till the last day of the transfer window to sell him to us. It will rule him out of the game at OT, and disrupt our pre-season. If that happens, I hope we don't sign him and they're stuck with a pissed off scouser in the dressing room. Either way, the ball is in Wayne's court.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to some guy on SSN earlier Wayne Rooney is training hard and wants to be fit and ready to play in Manchester United's friendly on August 6th.

What is he implying by that though? That Rooney doesn't intend on forcing a transfer?

What is he implying by that though? That Rooney doesn't intend on forcing a transfer?

I don't know, he seems to be contradicting himself as he then went on to say that bridges between United and Rooney are still burnt. He also said United won't let Rooney go until they complete two big money signings.

I think what he is implying is that this saga could well continue on into mid/late August.

I don't know whether to be encouraged or discouraged about Rooney's silence.

On one hand, him not immediately squashing a move away on his official site or twitter makes me think he definitely wants out, but on the other hand, he could be keeping quiet and letting the speculation and possibility of him wanting to go to a title rival rampant as a ploy to force them to give him a new deal.

Wish he'd just put in a transfer request to speed things up. Really don't want to wait until deadline day where he'll have no preseason to aclimate and settle with his new teammates and manager. Plus he'd miss the United match.

I got SSN and must have missed that Rooney stuff about wanting to play in the August friendly. Mind you, I think it is Rio's testimonial so understandable

I watched it,all he said was:Rooney is training hard and is willing to play in utds friendly in Sweden & utd won't sell Rooney untill they have signed 1 or 2 marquee signings and he can see this saga dragging on past utd vs chelsea fixture

Either United are gonna sell him to a rival and make money out of it, or they will have an unhappy player on their hands. I reckon they are stalling in the hope they can sell him to somewhere else.

I watched it,all he said was:Rooney is training hard and is willing to play in utds friendly in Sweden & utd won't sell Rooney untill they have signed 1 or 2 marquee signings and he can see this saga dragging on past utd vs chelsea fixture

Which reporter was it. James Cooper?

I think it would be great if Rooney did come over. Can't wait till the deal finally takes place. Might take a few more weeks.

If we don't get him, at least Lukaku will get a chance. He will hopefully replicate the form that made him stand out at at West Brom. In fact taking into account that he's probably going to get more game time than he did there(if Rooney doesn't sign), he should be even better this time round.

Some great goals from Rooney here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLVd0JUglk

I'd prefer if we went and got Fabregas ahead of Utd, rather then funding that deal by going for Rooney

A top drawer striker should be our priority if we our to challenge for the title, and for the Champions League. I don't see where Fabregas would fit in our formation anyway....considering we've already got Mata, Oscar, Hazard, De Bruyne, and Shurrle as our front three options.

I see this one dragging right onto deadline day

It has to be a Jim White special

SNA02JIM9---682d_1447234a.jpg

"I have just got word the boys in blue have done it, they have got their man..Wayne Rooney will be trading the red of Manchester Utd for the blue of Chelsea he will be joining Roman's Empire in the South West of London !!"

This is what I hope to hear from my fellow scotsman !

ROONEY ROONEY ROONEY !!!!

That fella on Ssn been on again talking about Roo,to sumise:

Training very hard

Getting back to full fitness

match fit in 2 weeks

Focusing on utd friendly V AIK

Wants to play in that game

Wants to put on Utd shirt again

was happy to stay on tour of far East

Utd insisted he came back.

With all quiet from Rooney camp and this it doesnt sound like hes gonna rock the boat or put in the request. Think its looking less likely

That fella on Ssn been on again talking about Roo,to sumise:

Training very hard - Wants to be fit again for his new employers

Getting back to full fitness - Self explanatory

match fit in 2 weeks - Rio friendly is on the 9th August

Focusing on utd friendly V AIK - Rio is one of his best mates

Wants to play in that game - Wants to play in that for Rio before he leaves

Wants to put on Utd shirt again - He needs to if he is playing in a testimonial for a utd player

was happy to stay on tour of far East - He could of maybe caused more of a scene ..more cameras,reporters

Utd insisted he came back. - They wanted him to get the best treatment ..makes sense

With all quiet from Rooney camp and this it doesnt sound like hes gonna rock the boat or put in the request. Think its looking less likely

Im not sure mate I thinkt the Roo camp is playing it right. I mean they cant complain everyday but every single day we seem to hear the same thing he wants out and now today someone mentioned he spoke to Lamps and Cole.