Ultimate Zola Thread

cantkeepmedown

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

best player in premierleague history

better than Henry, Cantona, Van horseface, Owen you name them id take Zola any day of the week.

Class player if we had him in the last 7 years only lord knows what we would have won, our teams back in his time werent bad, we just had no depth to our squad.

• 2 weeks later...

His final goal for us. If only he was still playing. We could definitely use a creative player like him. Especially if he was playing behind Drogba and Torres. They would be served on a plate to score.

That was my first ever Chelsea match! <3 It saddens me that I didn't get to spend much quality time with Zola - everything I've seen and read points to him being a model player.

Hats off to you cantkeepmedown, the best thread I've seen on here to date. My best memory of the great man was his goal v Wimbledon in the FA Cup semi final in 1997, that goal just summed up how good he was - a reverse flick, totally lost the defender (you see our fans stand up after he did that & before he scored, great moment) he then fires an unstoppable shot that flew passed Sullivan, just sheer quality. How many players passed or present could of pulled that goal off with that skill, movement & finish? I know this goal is in the 96/97 clip but wouldn't mind it as my Sig?

'Franco' was imho the best player that I have had the joy to witness playing for us. I've seen some great players down the years but the little man just had everything, left foot, right foot, pace, superb vision, fantastic touch, could dribble, worked hard for the team when we lost possession but he was also the ultimate professional on & off the pitch. Never once did he make a song & dance about being dropped. I remember Sol Campbell once elbowed him twice in one game against the Arse & Zola just got up & got in with it, his reaction was so much different to so many players then & now

Back in the late 90's we were on channel 5 a lot due to being in the CWC & Jonathan Pearce was commentating for them then (now with the BBC) he said a few years after Zola had retired that he was the best player that had graced the Premier League & he would of had so much more recognition if he had played in a side that won the league - I couldn't of put it any better myself.

How much would he be worth in today market?............Priceless!