Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Cesc Fabregas

Tomo
Followers 4

Since when do you need to pay to view articles? what does he say besides Cesc can leave??

Exclusive: Arsenal have first option on transfer of Cesc Fabregas, who is accepting he will be forced out of Barcelona and is interested in a return to the Premier League

Barcelona have told Premier League clubs that Cesc Fabregas can leave the Nou Camp this summer for £30 million.

Although Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has claimed Fabregas is not for sale, Telegraph Sport understands a £30m price tag has been put on the Spaniards head and circulated to clubs who may be interested.

Former club Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United have all been informed of the availability of Fabregas.

United claim they are not currently considering making a renewed bid for Fabregas, but Arsenal, City and Chelsea are keen to be kept informed of his situation.

Fabregas is preparing himself for the fact he will be forced out of Barca and is interested in a move back to the Premier League.

Arsenal have a buy-back option on Fabregas as part of the deal that saw him return to Barcelona in 2011, but that is dependent on the 27-year-old informing the Spanish club that he wants to go back to the Emirates.

City are ready to target Fabregas as a replacement for Yaya Toure if the Ivory Coast midfielder cannot be convinced to stay at Eastlands.

Fabregas is four years younger than Toure and would count as a home-grown player under Financial Fair Play rules, having first joined Arsenal as a 16-year-old.

His £100,000-a-week wages are also significantly lower than Toures, which would also benefit Citys FFP situation.

City were fined £49m, £32m of which is suspended, and can only name a 21-man Champions League squad next season after failing FFP rules.

Arsenal have no such FFP worries and will make a move for Fabregas if a rival Premier League club tries to sign him.

Manager Arsene Wenger needs at least one striker, a physical midfielder, a right-back and a deputy goalkeeper but would be reluctant to stand back and allow Fabregas to return to England to anywhere but Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well if both SkyNigeria and Barca Israel are running with it then it's only a matter of time.

Let's do a Wenger and bid £1 over 33m so they can get 50p for us acquiring their 'legend'.

As you can tell from my OP i have never been his biggest fan but I couldn't stand Cole when he was at Arsenal (and given he grew up as a gooner i doubt his feelings for Chelsea were particularly ple

Fabregas would play in central midfield for United.

He hasn't played number 10 for Barcelona, Barcelona don't even play with one because they have Messi at false 9.

Fabregas has played his best football in the CM position. I don't really know why you keep saying he's a number 10 when he's a number 8 naturally.

Also he played mostly on the LW as well, Tata sometime love to use him there.

Since when do you need to pay to view articles? what does he say besides Cesc can leave??

After like 10-20 articles per month you have to do it. Got a way to get around though-delete cookies from the telegraph in setting.

• Like 1

Koke's release clause is £48m.

Koke's RC is 60m euros, and he said he wants to stay in Atletico.

My bad, thanks for the clarifications.

• Like 1

Also he played mostly on the LW as well, Tata sometime love to use him there.

Doesn't mean much at all... He's played there a handful of times but overall he's played most of his games at CM, even this season.

Great player but do not want him here because of his Arsenal past. He was too cocky against us and frankly does not deserve to play for us. The market has plenty of other options so I think we should forget about this asap.

Great player but do not want him here because of his Arsenal past. He was too cocky against us and frankly does not deserve to play us. The market has plenty of other options so I think we should forget about this asap.

How many world class CMs are available at £30m though?

How many world class CMs are available at £30m though?

No idea but surely we aren't that desperate right? He may be a great player but sometimes we need more than just a world class player.

That team at £82m (Luis 20m, Fabregas £30m, Costa £32m). Minus Luiz's transfer and money saved this January would mean we've improved our team massively for less than £30m. It would be incredible stuff.

*sigh*

If only our manager and board saw it like we do. We have the opportunity with the Luiz sale and massive wages going off of our books, PLUS the new TV money, PLUS the record profits that the club will earn this past season to build an incredible side that can dominate Europe. Just hope we seize that opportunity and don't settle for players like Tiago or do what we've done the past few seasons where we always look towards the next window saying "all we need is this." Let's just buy all that we need and win the title next season.

• Like 1

----------Costa-----------

Hazard--Oscar--Willian

----Fabregas--Matic----

Luis--Terry--Cahill--Azpi

----------Courtois----------

That's one hell of a side with some ridiculous balance. No idiots can call us boring and negative with that team. Would also see some "flowing, attacking" football that the media claims Roman is desperate to see.

lol, putting some names on a piece of paper doesn't make you a team

if it did, the Real Madrid side of 2004 should have won the treble, multiple times

• Like 2

Its a World Cup year. maybe someone will surprise us so lets not be so predetermined.

Agreed, we don't always have to go for obvious names. Ramires in WC 2010 for example...Who knows we might find someone like Gary Mendel after the WC

lol, putting some names on a piece of paper doesn't make you a team

if it did, the Real Madrid side of 2004 should have won the treble, multiple times

Replacing mediocre players with very good ones will usually see an improvement.

Completely different to Real Madrid who just bought the biggest superstar names regardless of necessity. These players would be direct upgrades in positions of need.

• Like 2

If we sign him hope he doesn't turn into another Petit.e.g.great at Arsenal,surplus to requirement with Barcelona..does nothing of note with us.

I don't like the guy but i work my arse off to be able to follow Chelsea everywhere so as always i'll give him as much support as anyone else unless he proves unworthy.

We won't have his best years if we sign him but if he can have the same impact as Ballack had with us,that would be huge. I would prefer us to sign someone like him who is experienced,has a few years left in the tank but wouldn't block the growth of the great potential we have in youngsters like Loftus-Cheek Baker,Swift and Chalobah etc..

• Like 1
We won't have his best years if we sign him but if he can have the same impact as Ballack had with us,that would be huge. I would prefer us to sign someone like him who is experienced,has a few years left in the tank but wouldn't block the growth of the great potential we have in youngsters like Loftus-Cheek Baker,Swift and Chalobah etc..

He's 27... If anything, he'd actually be a really good bridge for the likes of RLC, Baker, Chalobah & Swift.

• Like 1