Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Julian Assange

Madmax
Followers 0

I think, however you view him personally, he'll be an historical figure in future times.

He has shone a light onto the murky goings on of the rich and powerful, although only scraped the surface.

Hopefully the attempts to fit him up wont succeed because the Yanks would like to bang him up and throw away the key.....

Do you think so FB?

I think he'll be hidden away from mainstream history, cast out by society. Look at the news now, all mention of the Wiki Leaks has been removed, no-one cares anymore.

The mainstream are trying to ignore him at the moment.

Dont forget the media is an organ of The State.

That said there was a lot of coverage in the Guardian at the weekend.

Theres that Swiss banker who has blown the lid on the rich and powerful billionaires who all avoid tax and launder money in Switzerland yet to come out........

Ah yes! I'd forgotten about that one, will be looking out for it.

Which newspapers do you actually recommend/bother to read? After they had the ball to publish the Wiki Leaks Cables, I've taken a liking to The Guardian.

Yeah their funding was cut off by Paypal and those. Their domain keeps dropping them too. Basically the whole internet is trying to get rid of Wiki Leaks, even through their Twitter account.

I think Assange is the only one who'll upload to Wiki Leaks now, but he'll have to do it in a way where it'll be secure and uncorruptable.

Someone who has set up a 'noble' cause but put too much of his ego in it to that stops me from embracing him and wikileaks. Sometimes I wonder if it really is about trying to create a more transparent society or someone who just does it to stroke their ego.

But its quite clear that some people who worked with him have problems with him. The original Guardian journalist who convinced Assange to work with him has cut off ties due to personal problems working with him, and the reason OpenLeaks was set up was due to concerns that Assange wanted full control over everything and was becoming a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to transparency.

Definitely loves himself -he's an Aussie after all (sorry steve), and liked getting his knob serviced in Sweden. It is this which is his undoing, his reluctance to go to Sweden which is transforming him from saint to possible rapist. but i can understand anyones reluctance to being extradited and never being let out of a maximim security US cell.

Think he is being done up like a kipper though, yes he has his faults, but this should not detract from the concept of Wikileaks ie - the Rich and powerful who control our lives, being more accountable to how they scheme and plot over the billions they laud it over

Why would he willingly walk into Sweden. Uncle Sam wouldn't let him breathe if he did so.

Every guy has his grey areas and he has his but imo the work Wikileaks has done needs applause.

Agree no one in there right mind would want to contemplate a US cell for the rest of their lives

Thought W/leaks non-profit ??

didnt mean them ...meant established press and commercial radio and tv

I don't have a problem with him leaking what was Going on. I think We deserve to know. As for not getting on with him, He has aspergers too which believe me, if you don't understand how there mind works and how they are its very difficult to get on with then. My boyfriend has It but a mild case and It's very taxing sometimes.

Assange has shown the US for what they really are.He looks a bit of a wierdo but his personality should not come into question.

Not been able to get on to wikileaks recentley but like many others,was round it like flies round shit when it was launched.