Claudio Pizarro

BlueLion.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Werder Bremen want Claudio Pizarro to rejoin them next season but they are not prepared to meet Chelsea's £5.2m asking price. They want to take the Peru striker on loan, as they did last season, according to German newspaper Bild

Werder Bremen have not given up hope of bringing Claudio Pizarro back to the club on a full-time basis.

The Chelsea striker spent the 2008/09 campaign on loan in Germany, his second spell with the Bundesliga outfit.

He bagged 28 goals during an impressive season, including four en route to helping Bremen to the Uefa Cup final.

Unsurprisingly, the Peruvian is wanted back at Weserstadion, with the club keen to talk terms with Chelsea.

Pizarrospacer.gif feels he has unfinished business in England, and would not be averse to trying to make an impact at Stamford Bridge, but Bremen are poised to make a move for his services.

"We are going to open up talks once again in the next few days," Bremen boss Klaus Allofsspacer.gif told the club's official website.

Meanwhile, Werder have revealed that South American starlet John Jairo Mosquera has penned a new deal with the club.

Quality

It has also been confirmed that the Colombian U21 international, who is now tied to the club until 2012, will spend the new season on loan at second division outfit FC Union Berlin.

"We regard John Jairo Mosquera as a player that has all the qualities to succeed in the Bundesliga in the future," said Allofs.

"In his efforts to improve his current qualities he has found a good club in FC Union Berlin, a side that requires attacking power right now."

Allofs has also revealed that Tim Borowski,spacer.gif who recently re-signed for Bremen after an unhappy 12 months at Bayern Munich,spacer.gif took a pay cut in order to return to the club.

"Tim Borowski was so determined to join us that, after looking at the deal, he waived a lot of money to do so," he said.

Borowski added: "It is no secret that I feel at home at Werder after first joining the club as a teenager.

"I was keen to come back to Werder Bremenspacer.gif and I had to accept a pay cut in order to do this."

swap him for Mesut Ozil

That would be amazing if we could swap him for Mesut Ozil....I watched a bit of him in the Bundesliga and saw a lot more of him at the under 21's championship...Looks like a great player...We could sell Deco to Inter....and then we have a smaller younger squad and Ozil has the ability to fill the whole of the midfield even probably the "deep lying playmaker" role that Ancelotti knows and loves :P

The agent of Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro says all options are open.

Carlos Delgado told TMW: "At this moment I cannot name one team in particular. But I do think that the situation should unlock itself in the coming few days.

"Is he certain to depart Chelsea? I can say that is a real possibility.

"Of course, my client is capable of playing in England, Spain, Italy or Germany."

When the Pirlo deal fell through Milan claimed they were still interested in Pizzaro...However they have now signed KLAUS JAN HUNTELAAR...(hes awesome aswell =[!) So i dont know if their still arsed...However i read on the internet PIZARRO will DEFINATLY BE LEAVING by the end of this week...His agent just didnt want to confirm which club he would be going to until the transfer was completed...YAY...Now just Sheva to go?

LATEST: Werder Bremen are still keen on signing Claudio Pizarro from Chelsea on a permanent deal following the Peru striker's successful loan spell at the German club last season. They are willing to pay a £5m fee and £70,000 a week wages to the 30-year-old.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205725/TRANSFER-GOSSIP-Spurs-defender-Villarreal-radar-Manchester-City-line-150m-Lionel-Messi--Tuesdays-stories.html#ixzz0NuM2A2Oi