Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Alexis Sanchez

milllz
Followers 2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic signing if they indeed pull it off.

Not so sure about signing of the summer, though. That has to be Fabregas. Sanchez isn't a player that adds that much different than some of the players they already have. Fabregas adds a completely new dimension to our midfield and when you consider what we paid for him he's got to be the best buy.

Curious to see how they use Sanchez, though. See a lot of chatter saying Wenger may use him as a striker in the mould of Suarez. Someone who can roam all over the attacking third and not just score goals like a classic striker but also beat his man and set things up. He's perfect for that but I'm not so sure Wenger will drop Giroud. Sanchez, Özil, and Walcott behind Giroud maybe? Either way he's the first Arse signing that I'm actually worried about.

Amazing player..can easily be among the top players in PL .He will definitely improve them..Arsenal will be title challengers next season if this transfer happens

Sanchez heat map when with Barcelona against when with Chile :

Bqo6IRnCUAA1OU1.jpg

Shows how restricted he was in Spain. This is no doubt a good signing for them but remains to be seen how Wenger utilises him.

It's a great signing for Arsenal if it's true. Both Sanchez and Fabregas never quite fit in Barcelona, limited by the team's style. I would have liked if we signed Sanchez too, but Fabregas is far more versatile and creative, so I believe we got a better deal.

In an ideal world we would sell Oscar or Willian then sign Sanchez. Shame this is not that world :(. If Arsenal continue signing players of his caliber such as Bender I could actually see them sustaining a challenge for title next season along with Ramsey and Walcott fit. Their defence has improved massively last season too. The only team seems to be not as strong as last season is Liverpool because of losing Suarez soon, but imo if they sign all the players they are supposedly being linked at with atm they will be there too.

In an ideal world we would sell Oscar or Willian then sign Sanchez. Shame this is not that world :(. If Arsenal continue signing players of his caliber such as Bender I could actually see them sustaining a challenge for title next season along with Ramsey and Walcott fit. Their defence has improved massively last season too. The only team seems to be not as strong as last season is Liverpool because of losing Suarez soon, but imo if they sign all the players they are supposedly being linked at with atm they will be there too.

Arsenal is soo good in defense they now call themself 6sernal.

Their defense is bang average and has very little pace. As evidenced in nearly every big game last season.

Their defensive statistics are made to look good because they're a side who dominates so much of the possession against poor sides. If the opponent can't get the ball they can't score.

I think they will indeed be genuine title contenders with Sanchez, but at least in the head to head match ups with the big boys I'd still fancy us and City to dominate them in midfield and have our way with their defense unless they were to sign a truly world class DM (which they almost surely won't). As they showed last season, it's all well and fine to spank the minnows but you also have to win at least SOME of the huge matches against to sides. Let's see if they can.

They are being heavily linked with Lars Bender.

Definitely an upgrade for them but not a better player than what we or City have.

Arsenal should have signed Sanchez before the WC. There were rumours that Barcelona's board wanted to sell him for cheap, but after a great WC, his rating--and price--has obviously increased.
His work rate is amazing, one of the best I've ever seen in a winger. However, his finishing isn't. Out of all Barcelona attackers, he usually missed clear-cut chances the most. He improved his finishing last season, but he's still not the greatest finisher out there. Hell, even Cesc, a midfielder, was a far better finisher than him at Barcelona.
Alexis's finishing is what Barcelona fans mostly criticized him for.

Sanchez is a damn good singing for Arsenal. Practically they were title contenders for a big part of past season so i expect he will extend that period.

• Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic
  • Jase locked and unlocked this topic