• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalou's Qualities

Good in the air.

Works really hard.

Makes an impact off the bench.

He cuts the ball back for a trade mark Frank Lampard shot a lot.

Kalou's weakness's

He has got the worst ball control in our whole squad

He struggles to finish the type of chances Sturridge would eat up !

He gets caught offside too much.

He is 25 and he has shown very little improvement since he has joined the club, he is still very raw.

He is a poor dribbler.

His pace his overrated, he has decent pace at best.

He is an incredible down grade on Malouda, he is such a huge down grade that it imbalances the whole teams attacking structure.

He loses the ball so much that its dangerous for Bosingwa to overlap.

Also he is unable to shoot from range or even shoot with his lases consistently. This is also due to his poor ball control !

9 negatives 4 positives = not good enough.

Edited by Badboy

Kalou's Qualities

Good in the air.

Works really hard.

Kalou's weakness's

He has got the worst ball control in our whole squad Thats not true, I'd rather his ball control over Alex's.

He struggles to finish the type of chances Sturridge would eat up ! No one is debating that Sturridge is a better finisher

He gets caught offside too much. Compared to who? Drogba is caught offside far more than Kalou

He is 25 and he has shown very little improvement since he has joined the club, he is still very raw. That is debatable and he was never given a proper run at the team, He never cemented a first team place because we always bought players which wouldn't have done wonders for his morale

He is a poor dribbler. No he's not, Most anti Kalou fans would say he is a good dribbler, and probably one of the best at the club

His pace his overrated, he has decent pace at best. He's a fast player, no one is debating that

He is an incredible down grade on Malouda, he is such a huge down grade that it imbalances the whole teams attacking structure. No it doesn't, When Kalou comes on he adds something to the team, Malouda hasn't been great lately and there two different types of players. Anelka slows down the play, Kalou speeds it up.

He loses the ball so much that its dangerous for Bosingwa to overlap.Argue that fact when its happened.

Also he is unable to shoot from range or even shoot with his lases consistently. This is also due to his poor ball control ! Good you say the last part in English please? Thanks.

Kalou's Qualities

Good in the air.

Works really hard.

Kalou's weakness's

He has got the worst ball control in our whole squad Thats not true, I'd rather his ball control over Alex's. Wait, wait. I thought Alex was a defender. Oh yeah, we need defenders with great touch and dribbling skills!

He struggles to finish the type of chances Sturridge would eat up ! No one is debating that Sturridge is a better finisher True.

He gets caught offside too much. Compared to who? Drogba is caught offside far more than Kalou But Drogba is our target-man not a winger.

He is 25 and he has shown very little improvement since he has joined the club, he is still very raw. That is debatable and he was never given a proper run at the team, He never cemented a first team place because we always bought players which wouldn't have done wonders for his morale There is a reason he was never given a proper run. He wastes every opportunity he gets that's why we had to buy players.

He is a poor dribbler. No he's not, Most anti Kalou fans would say he is a good dribbler, and probably one of the best at the club No. He's not. He does million step-overs and runs like a headless chicken. He's not a good dribbler he just does tricks that's why you think he's good when in fact his dribbling is poor.

His pace his overrated, he has decent pace at best. He's a fast player, no one is debating that That's true, though he used to be faster.

He is an incredible down grade on Malouda, he is such a huge down grade that it imbalances the whole teams attacking structure. No it doesn't, When Kalou comes on he adds something to the team, Malouda hasn't been great lately and there two different types of players. Anelka slows down the play, Kalou speeds it up. Even my grandma would speed the game up after Anelka...

He loses the ball so much that its dangerous for Bosingwa to overlap.Argue that fact when its happened. Open your eyes, it's happening all the time.

Also he is unable to shoot from range or even shoot with his lases consistently. This is also due to his poor ball control ! Good you say the last part in English please? Thanks. Oh yeah, he wrote lases instead of laces. But I do understand why you hang on on that. That's because you can't argue that he can't shoot from distance.

Another pointless reply in a Kalou thread?

*yawn*

Although I actually agree with you, the Kalou debate is a boring one now. There are the people who support him - some of whom not to look fickle when he scores, some of whom just have genuine faith in the bloke - and the people who don't like him.

I support the player because he tries, which is a hell of a lot more than you can say for some members of the squad, whether they're tired or not. They're paid millions to run around for 90 minutes on a Saturday. Fucking hell, my dad's nearly 60 and he goes running for up to two hours on a weekend.

Although I actually agree with you, the Kalou debate is a boring one now. There are the people who support him - some of whom not to look fickle when he scores, some of whom just have genuine faith in the bloke - and the people who don't like him.

It's not about tagging members, it's about having the same fucking discussion twice a week which only leads to personal remarks ignoring the subject at hand.

At least this debate was stirred by a user who hasn't had the chance to see the good points raised in the past.

Apologies for the double post

I support the player because he tries, which is a hell of a lot more than you can say for some members of the squad, whether they're tired or not. They're paid millions to run around for 90 minutes on a Saturday. Fucking hell, my dad's nearly 60 and he goes running for up to two hours on a weekend.

This is a problem which came to surface only in the last 3-4 months and will go away once we stop underperforming.

In the past most pro-Kalou fans only mentioned the fact that he tries or that he's still young and has time on his side (like ChelseaChick did, although the Drogba comparison is laughable) which I think even a moderate Kalou supporter like yourself have given up on.

Apologies for the double post

This is a problem which came to surface only in the last 3-4 months and will go away once we stop underperforming.

In the past most pro-Kalou fans only mentioned the fact that he tries or that he's still young and has time on his side (like ChelseaChick did, although the Drogba comparison is laughable) which I think even a moderate Kalou supporter like yourself have given up on.

Agreed on your first point. Match fitness seems to come hand-in-hand for footballers, since the sport is very much so a game of confidence.

The thing is with Kalou is he tries - a point I've made so many times I'm bored of typing it. But as you say, I am only a moderate Kalou supporter, I have my criticisms of him as well. I think he has shown very little development since coming to the club. But I have no issue with a player such as he scoring a dozen goals every season considering in fairness his overall contribution (in terms of goals and assists) is good considering his minutes on the pitch.

If the player can accept he is playing below par (take note, Didier), and can improve, I'll be happy. I just think the reason why I refuse to condemn Kalou is because he doing neither better nor worse than any other player in the squad at this moment in time.

For the first goal against Ipswich he played nice one-two ball with Nico and then ran in the box to finish Nico's work.

And then he send good ball to the right for Nico to score.

He played well against Ipswich. Can't believe nobody appreciates that.

If the player can accept he is playing below par (take note, Didier), and can improve, I'll be happy. I just think the reason why I refuse to condemn Kalou is because he doing neither better nor worse than any other player in the squad at this moment in time.

In fairness we're all only moderate Kalou supporters, just like we're all only moderate supporters for every CFC player. We support the club, not a particular player/players. Like I've said in the past, Kalou should be moved on in the summer. But until that happens, I'm not going to take it lying down if people mock him for scoring goals or even when he's doing better than the bigger star players. Or when I'm called scum for trying to stand up for a player when in fairness he's done well in the previous matches.

He played well against Ipswich. Can't believe nobody appreciates that.

We really shouldn't be surprised anymore, should we? Not when it comes to Kalou atleast :D

Agreed on your first point. Match fitness seems to come hand-in-hand for footballers, since the sport is very much so a game of confidence.

The thing is with Kalou is he tries - a point I've made so many times I'm bored of typing it. But as you say, I am only a moderate Kalou supporter, I have my criticisms of him as well. I think he has shown very little development since coming to the club.

The thing is..even the "he tries" argument is flawed as I've had the same discussion on a couple of boards about the Greek team that I support.

To cut a long story short, the least you expect from a player who plays for the club you love is determination and commitment. However when a player tries and IMO consistently fails you shouldn't and won't blame him, all the blame should be laid on the people who brought him to the club and in our case also those who extended his contract.

Notice how I didn't bring other players' (current) commitment or ability into the discussion as :

• It is irrelevant to our opinion of a player who has been here for 4-5 years
  • I personally don't agree with your view (surprise surprise :D ) that our players aren't trying at the moment.

But I have no issue with a player such as he scoring a dozen goals every season considering in fairness his overall contribution (in terms of goals and assists) is good considering his minutes on the pitch.
That's the simplistic way of looking at things and I think I've tried numerous times to break his so-called good statistics down.

That's like saying that we won the league only due to scoring 103 goals (disregarding that 29 of them came in just 4 games) and ignoring our tremendous home record and our double against the traditional top 4

^ Notice Kostas puts forth some good points. Yet, number 1 Kalou fan Madmax choses to ignore all of that, and proceeds to changes the entire subject.

This is typical behavior of the chronically ignorant.

:lol: TX, he was referring to a poster who spammed the topic after Kostas's post advertising their facebook page. Mods must've deleted it now..