Edinson Cavani

CFC58

It's not like he had a choice though by the looks of things...

Napoli are basically "forcing" him out to milk him for his value. He is 26, his value is only going to go down from here on. This was their last chance to sell him for this much $$$. And PSG have a decent project going. But still I'm confident that if he had a legitimate choice between us and them, he would have chosen to come here.

I agree, I don't think here was ever a real option for him. But I have hard time picturing him as the victim here after reading his rumored wages! :lol:

Come to think of it, am surprised that no one threw a question or two about Cavani to Mourinho in the press conference yesterday. Would have been interesting to hear what he had to say on our supposed interest on Cavani, despite that he's going to PSG.

Simply because Rooney is hotter than Cavani at the moment.

I mean, the saga. :lol:

^ I don't think it's a case of PSG wanting him more, I'm sure there was concrete interest from us. But what we're doing is showing maturity; instead of splurging obscene amounts of money on people, we're being more sensible and actually bartering for players. Now I expect us to go elsewhere and make a contingency signing that sits alongside our new policy of signing for the future (ie. KDB, Lukaku, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Schurrle, Courtois, Azpilicueta, MvG, etc.).

But i guess if he does value his career more than money, he could reject PSG's offer and wait out until the release clause expires and then look for a move.

Yeah because that's what you would do right?

Guy doesn't have a choice.... So his next best option is to demand a fucking monstrous wage to make up for it, that's exactly what I'd do in his shoes.

I believe I we had matched thier offer he would have moved to us even if it meant less of a wage.

Actually if he waited out, napoli president might get pissed and decide to declare him not for sale anymore even for £53m(clause) and demands more so it doesn't mean it would be easier for him to leave.

Actually if he waited out, napoli president might get pissed and decide to declare him not for sale anymore even for £53m(clause) and demands more so it doesn't mean it would be easier for him to leave.

You cant say no when somebody decides to activate a release clause mate, thats the point of the release clauses....

You cant say no when somebody decides to activate a release clause mate, thats the point of the release clauses....

I am not talking about that, my point was referring to the point above. When the clause expire, the president is not forced to sell him anymore.

I think they can say no if the other team doesn't pay cash. But that shouldn't be a problem for PSG btw

@TransferNewsCen

L'Equipe reporting that Edinson Cavani is in Paris now, as he is set to sign with PSG tomorrow. 5-year deal. Salary of €10 million per year

okay,,next target!!! Rooney or Jovetic....

rooney......jovetic is off to city.

rooney......jovetic is off to city.

Naw man, not him. If he's good enough to only be a back-up for RvP at Man U, then he's definitely not good enough to be our no.1. I say we keep faith in what we have. Torres / Lukaku to alternate, and Ba for cover. Raul had his chance at Real when he was 17, can't see why we can't do the same for Lukaku.

He is already in Paris so the best two strikers in the world will play in France - Falcao and him....but they will never be a legends because they only think about the money :blink::rant: the best think about this is that we won't spend more than 30 millions for new striker :ph34r:

He is already in Paris so the best two strikers in the world will play in France - Falcao and him....but they will never be a legends because they only think about the money :blink::rant: the best think about this is that we won't spend more than 30 millions for new striker :ph34r:

Ibrahimovic is better than both of them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You