Cahill / David Luiz / Kjær

chrismada9

Make your choice  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which centreback is best suited for Chelsea?

• Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers)
    • David Luiz (Benfica)
    • Simon Kjær (WfL Wolfsburg)
    • Other

Gary-Cahill-Bolton-Wanderers-Premier-League-P_2355014.jpgdavidluizd.jpgkjaer.jpg

Who would you choose to plug the hole in the central defence.

To be truthfully honest, I feel Cahill is the right choice because he's English, he's coming on as a defender and he's fairly a reasonable price at £17 million. I'd rather spend that much than offer no less than £43m for David Luiz.

Kjær is also a good choice because he's just like Cahill. Young, talented, and not too pricey, the only downside, is that his time at Wolfsburg has been rather dull.

My choice: I'd go domestic, and choose Cahill. Luiz is just too expensive, and Kjær's form is a bit down.

Vote and discuss

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly I would choose Gary Cahill ..

The reason is that British and Adapt will be with the team quickly

Secondly he was physically strong Thirdly he brought easy ..

As David Luiz let him go for millions of City!

David luiz , A strong tough pacy defender with a lot of intelligence and who is very mibile and versatile . only 23 years old .

he is expensive but i would rather spend 35 millions right now and get a world class defender for like 6 or 7 years and then sell him for 15-20 millions .

instead of getting another average player esk.(kalou-zhirkov-benayoun-anelka-ferrera).

the other option for me will be phil jones who seems to be a very hot pospect .

and btw the question is

Which centreback is best suited for Chelsea?

so what we need isn't another alex , iva or even terry ... what we really need is a david luiz or a thiago silva

Id love to see David Luiz at the club, he will eventually become the best defender on the planet, there can be no doubt about it, the lad had it all.

However for the money Benfica are asking for I dont think that move will happen, Phil Jones is one that also merits a mention. he looks the part at centre back and can also play in midfield if needs be. Gary Cahill would also be a good signing, looks a good, solid player, not particularly spectacular but playing in a side like Chelsea and working alongside the likes of Terry and Alex on a regular basis could only benefit him.

Id love to see David Luiz at the club, he will eventually become the best defender on the planet, there can be no doubt about it, the lad has it all.

However for the money Benfica are asking for I dont think that move will happen, Phil Jones is one that also merits a mention. he looks the part at centre back and can also play in midfield if needs be. Gary Cahill would also be a good signing, looks a good, solid player, not particularly spectacular but playing in a side like Chelsea and working alongside the likes of Terry and Alex on a regular basis could only benefit him.

David luiz , A strong tough pacy defender with a lot of intelligence and who is very mibile and versatile . only 23 years old .

he is expensive but i would rather spend 35 millions right now and get a world class defender for like 6 or 7 years and then sell him for 15-20 millions .

instead of getting another average player esk.(kalou-zhirkov-benayoun-anelka-ferrera).

the other option for me will be phil jones who seems to be a very hot pospect .

and btw the question is

Which centreback is best suited for Chelsea?

so what we need isn't another alex , iva or even terry ... what we really need is a david luiz or a thiago silva

I was arguing the need for a mobile, pacy and agile top class central defender back in April.

Since then I've grown to be more confident of the Alex-Terry partnership(at least for the PL) and bigger issues have arisen. The time that we stacked world class players is gone and we look more likely to sing a new Ben Haim than the new Carvalho.

And even if Luiz turns out to be the new Riccy, at the moment and for the next couple of years we need an attacking threat (whether that is a new striker, a right winger or an attacking midfielder) and someone to cover for our regular CBs more than we need him.

I was arguing the need for a mobile, pacy and agile top class central defender back in April.

Since then I've grown to be more confident of the Alex-Terry partnership(at least for the PL) and bigger issues have arisen. The time that we stacked world class players is gone and we look more likely to sing a new Ben Haim than the new Carvalho.

And even if Luiz turns out to be the new Riccy, at the moment and for the next couple of years we need an attacking threat (whether that is a new striker, a right winger or an attacking midfielder) and someone to cover for our regular CBs more than we need him.

and how many times have we seen this partnership ??!!

let's face it alex is an injury prone and john terry if keeps playing with injury and not getting rest will turn into another injury prone soon as well .

without terry our defence seems to be below average because we depend on a wold class defender(terry) and a good defender(alex/Iva)

we need another worldclass defender please so that we can get back to the habit of keeping clean sheets .

although i agree with you that a creative spark should be our first priority and hopefully it will be a ight winger as this will have a double positive effect:

1- well , add creativity and spark missing from the right .

2-may be then we will get to stop watching kalou week in , week out .

and how many times have we seen this partnership ??!!

let's face it alex is an injury prone and john terry if keeps playing with injury and not getting rest will turn into another injury prone soon as well .

without terry our defence seems to be below average because we depend on a wold class defender(terry) and a good defender(alex/Iva)

we need another worldclass defender please so that we can get back to the habit of keeping clean sheets .

although i agree with you that a creative spark should be our first priority and hopefully it will be a ight winger as this will have a double positive effect:

1- well , add creativity and spark missing from the right .

2-may be then we will get to stop watching kalou week in , week out .

Alex has problem with his knee. He is our the best defender without a doubt. When he recovers from this cleaning of his knee hopefuly he will be ok for years. He deserves to have at least one season when we can see him at his best.

You seem to be a big fan of Luiz. Can you than answer my question about his qualities and weaknesses? Not only pace, because i know he is pacy.

And what can he offer to us at the moment. To be £18 million back up CB?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You