Carlo Ancelotti

Term-X

Grant was offered a 3 years contract or something like that. That was the stupidiest thing Roman has ever made. If you give him a contract, I think that what he did during this term was enough to give him another season. Why not let him stay until the end of the season, and then see if he was good enough to stay longer ? What Roman was expecting him to do to stay until the end of the contract ?

I certainly didn't know that, wow. He epitomised the role of a "Yes man", his best move was not changing Mourinho's tactics :lol:

Yeah, our current form is by far worst than that, but Scolari lost the dressing room. To the other side, I believe that this wasnt a nice idea, since you give players too much power. Mourinho was sacked becuase he was supposed to put Terry on the bench ( Makelelé had no reason to lie), and Scolari was sacked because our child Drogba wasnt happy with him. Our team will only have the stability we need when Drogba, Terry and these guys goes, and we show to our managers whos in charge. Look to Manchester. Fergunson is there, and there is no player stronger than him. If he say you wont play, the you accept that or just find another place to play.

This is true. Just look at Wayne Rooney, I'm sure if Drogba had the same idea last summer, Roman would have forked out the same funds. Fortunately Drogba's not chasing money, and from his form right now, I can see why. Scolari did go on record saying he never played a player who wasn't 100%, and fair do's to him, he may have extended his career by 2 more years (though he may not even need that now.)

We cant sack Carlo now. We must sack some players before.

Very true. The next manager must be allowed to build his own team.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.

-- Napoleon Hill

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently

-- Henry Ford

Some good points, but:

Grant was offered a 3 years contract or something like that. That was the stupidiest thing Roman has ever made. If you give him a contract, I think that what he did during this term was enough to give him another season. Why not let him stay until the end of the season, and then see if he was good enough to stay longer ? What Roman was expecting him to do to stay until the end of the contract ?

Yeah, our current form is by far worst than that, but Scolari lost the dressing room. To the other side, I believe that this wasnt a nice idea, since you give players too much power. Mourinho was sacked becuase he was supposed to put Terry on the bench ( Makelelé had no reason to lie), and Scolari was sacked because our child Drogba wasnt happy with him. Our team will only have the stability we need when Drogba, Terry and these guys goes, and we show to our managers whos in charge. Look to Manchester. Fergunson is there, and there is no player stronger than him. If he say you wont play, then you accept that or just find another place to play.

We cant sack Carlo now. We must sack some players before.( no, Im no suggesting to ged rid of Terry)

You're absolutely right about the power some players possess but it's a good thing and a bad thing. When the coach is really fucking up in something, like horrible training methods or whatever, we have players who have the courage to speak up. But when they start acting like divas, it gets annoying and can really do damage.

Last season we got away with all our problems - too much old players, to few young players coming through, you named it. we got away, winning the Double.

This season we are not likely to get away with it, which means the so long discussed general overhaul is about to come. good steps have been taken with selling J. Cole, Deco et all, i don´t mention for a reason. I don´t need to explain to any of you that we should´ve replaced 5 departures with more than 2 new players.

If we don´t win anything this season .... fuck ! but it wouldn´t struck with surprise, i mean look at our team, a squad of like what, 19 players compared to an anverage 25 ?

Bloody obvious....

i totally back TX with his post, the Churchill quote really hit the nail on the so beloved head.

i try to keep calm and be as positive as possible.

Mates, Carlo is still here because he have won the double last season. If it was his first season he would already be sacked. If we lose today it will be difficult for him.

Carlo is still here because the club have realised how f**king stupid they were to let the squad become what it has.

Carlo is here to bring constincy and stability to the club!

What do you gain by changing managers after just one season in charge?

You get confusion among the players and an unfriendly atmosphere in the locker room. Chelsea just need to do what has been inevitable, either use the youth to an extent they can actually how some time in the limelight or spend money promising players that have a large future ahead of them.

Carlo is here to bring constincy and stability to the club!

What do you gain by changing managers after just one season in charge?

No you're wrong. Carlo must go. He sucks. Just one serie A title in 8 years. No youth development. Too soft with the board. Just a puppet. Responsible for the Korea crisis. And terrorism. And world poverty.

No you're wrong. Carlo must go. He sucks. Just one serie A title in 8 years. No youth development. Too soft with the board. Just a puppet. Responsible for the Korea crisis. And terrorism. And world poverty.

Honestly, you are the most close minded member on the forum.

You've taken good points and portrayed them in an extremely negative way, it's just ignorance.

Well I maybe all the question will be answer by this Weekend.... After todays game, we will know about Carlos Future.

Convincing win = Save to this year

Win= Can be save

Draw = In Coma

Loose= Death

The situation is: the board sacked so many managers in past years, it just created a bad atmosphere on the club. Every manager who arrive at the club feel the heat. I remember that Ancelotti seemed really nervous in his first Premier League against Hull at Stamford Bridge last season. Imagine him starting his career here with a lost or a drawn against Hull at home.

So, now I bet few fans think that sacking Ancelotti now is the right thing to do, even if they believe he deverve to be ass kicked. I not a fan of the italian, but I want him to stay until 2012, or at least the end of the season. I dont believe Carlo is one of the greatest managers ever. He is not even close. But you dont have to be one of the greatest ever to manage a great club. I dont think he is the right man for the job, but now its too late, since we gave him a contract that runs until 2012, so lets support him, give him enough good players to do a decent job, support, criticize, blame and pray.