Chelsea vs Sunderland

BlueLion.
Followers 0

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In who's place BL? Zhirkov or Ramires?

I was thinking Essien, to be honest. A midfield of Zhirkov, Mikel and Ramires has high work rate and defensive qualities but next to nothing going forward. I see we have two options in terms of our midfield and frontline:

The first would see McEachran or Gael Kakuta come in for the suspended Essien. We NEED some attacking creativity and either Josh or Gael can supply that.

Mikel

McEachran/Kakuta, Zhirkov/Ramires

Anelka, Malouda

Drogba

Alternatively, if Carlo wants experience, he can opt to play Malouda in the midfield three (IMO possibly a better option), and either push Zhirkov forward or play Kalou or Sturridge.

Mikel

Ramires, Malouda

Anelka, Zhirkov/Kalou/Sturridge

Drogba

I was thinking Essien, to be honest. A midfield of Zhirkov, Mikel and Ramires has high work rate and defensive qualities but next to nothing going forward. I see we have two options in terms of our midfield and frontline:

The first would see McEachran or Gael Kakuta come in for the suspended Essien. We NEED some attacking creativity and either Josh or Gael can supply that.

Mikel

McEachran/Kakuta, Zhirkov/Ramires

Anelka, Malouda

Drogba

Alternatively, if Carlo wants experience, he can opt to play Malouda in the midfield three (IMO possibly a better option), and either push Zhirkov forward or play Kalou or Sturridge.

Mikel

Ramires, Malouda

Anelka, Zhirkov/Kalou/Sturridge

Drogba

We share the same views as i have posted similair line-ups in the past.

But sadly, i just don't see it happening and i think you'll agree with me on that.

Now with Man Utd dropping points, we just have to win this. Hope this motivates the boys instead of giving them the ''we can afford to drop points'' mentality.

Right.We had a chance to widen the gap last week and we were crap.Hopfully tommrow we wont mess up!!!

Get the 3 points Chels for god sake!Make a nice big gap espically going into the crappy months with the likes of B'Ham,Man U etc

I think Gyan is going to score i think he is a brilliant forward. I agree with Bluelion i think we need a bit of creativity in midfield and josh can supply that easily. I would leave kakuta on the bench until around the 75th minute mark and let him loose on bardsley.

Cech

Bosingwa Terry Ivanovic Cole

Mikel

Ramires Zhirkov

Anelka Malouda

Drogba

Agree?

Replace Malouda with Kalou/Sturridge. I think Florent deserves a break.

We share the same views as i have posted similair line-ups in the past.

But sadly, i just don't see it happening and i think you'll agree with me on that.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Carlo is very one-dimensional with his team selections, unfortunately. Yes, he'll change the system but very rarely will he change the personnel. However, 9 times in 10 it works so I'll trust his judgement. I have absolute faith in him but I do wish he'd just give Gael or Josh an hour!

I don't understand why there is so much worry on here at the momment.

We have a lot of injuries yes, but other players are getting a chance, young players at that, and STILL

Manchester United are looking worse, and falling more and more behind.

Not to mention January is not too far around the corner, if we do need to expand.

Good times

Chelsea 2 Sunderland 0

Without Lampard and Essien in our side, we look like a team that's had it's solid flesh removed, and you can see the bones, a very poor Liverpool side took advantage of that... we were only just able to beat Fulham 1-0 at the Bridge with Essien almost playing the full game, so what is our midfield going to be like without both midfielders there, for the next three games at least (against Birmingham, and a very dangerously on form Newcastle team).

I just hope the likes of Ramires and Zhirkov can use their speed to their advantage and create chances for us, and Mikel can do what he does relatively well, which is protect the back four, break up play and get the ball moving forward.

zhirkov is obviously a very poor central midfielder , also ramires has not adjusted to the epl yet , may be in a year or two he will get more muscle and we will get to see another bison but now he is not as half as good as essien ......

not only the midfield battle against those three will always be won easily by opposition as zhirkov and ramires always keep giving the ball away while zhirkov's movement is very bad on and off the ball .

but also defensively we never look near a solid line with this midfield , zhirkov is always running back facing our own goal which results in many fouls , also he doesn't have the skills needed to tackle or intercept in midfield also his work rate is very questionable for me .

ramires is having different problems , when you watch him playing it 's no difference than watching one of the youngsters getting firs team action , he is nervous , unexperienced midfielder but obviously has got some great skills under his pocket . his pace is superb for a midfieder , his workrate is tireless and his positioning is not bad although it needs to be improved but his passing is sometimes very very poor .

that is why i think the problem isn't in ramires it's in zhirkov , we should replace him with mceacheran and not even kakuta because we need a player that will help us mantain position and get pressure away from our midfield and alhough i rate kakuta very higly but he certainly gives the ball away many times and his defensive skills are poor while he won't run 6 or 7 km every 45 min.

let McEacheran start this one carlo

I expect a win, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get a draw...

A win is essential, we will have a good gap on ManU and City. Which would be a good thing before the month of December (where we will play against ManU, Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton).

I'm impatient to see how the lads will deal without Wilkins...

I just hope Carlo won't play Zhirkov and Ramires together in the midfield. Personaly, i would take risk and go for McEachran, but with Malouda our midfielder will have more strenght.

Also, i would like to see Sturridge or Kakuta on the right wing. I don't konw if I'm the only one, but i definitively prefer our game style without Anelka (ie: like we play against Fulham).

I don't see the problem some people have with Anelka? He's in terrific form and everything good from the team comes from either him or Malouda at the moment.

^ Agreed. People are complaining he's lost pace? I don't think so. What he's doing is cleverly, and quickly, dropping his pace to fool defenders. He does it so well, you think he's lost pace. But that's why he's able to cut inside so well and get good balls going across the 6-yard box or shooting himself.