the wes
Followers 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neymar is a great talent, of course. But I'd prefer if we got some physically strong player into the squad. We're swamped with flare players and they're bullied off the ball far too easily. Has to be a balance. Just a couple of years back we had Anelka, Alex, Malouda, JT, Lampard, Cech, Essien, Ivanovic, Drogba and so on playing together...

It's true. The league Is a retirement home for european veteran footballers and the defenders are wank.

The league is bad, but it is as bad as any other league outside top4. What made me laugh was your Seedorf comparison, like it is suposed to mean anything.

Neymar is extra good, you must see him playing, training, etc. We are Brazil, we wouldnt make such a hype for nobody. You have no idea what you are talking about mate, sorry.

The Neymar's discussions are useless until he goes to Europe and make you look like clowns...

Neymar is doing brilliant on NT stage too, you cant say he is good only in brasil.

But sure joining european top club and play on top level week in week out will finaly tell how good he actualy is...

Neymar is a big fish in a small pound (not that small in fact) just as Hazard last year in france tbh.

That don't change the fact that this kid has a huge potential and he is a world class wanna be.

Regardless whether he goes down too easy or not or if you think he's a dick, like I'm sure Ronaldinho did for many people years ago, Neymar made me fall back in love with football when I first watched him (around 2009 I believe?). So for that, I'll always love him. I just hope he doesn't end up at a direct rival or Barcelona (although I do believe Barcelona is probably the best place for him.)

Regardless whether he goes down too easy or not or if you think he's a dick, like I'm sure Ronaldinho did for many people years ago, Neymar made me fall back in love with football when I first watched him (around 2009 I believe?). So for that, I'll always love him. I just hope he doesn't end up at a direct rival or Barcelona (although I do believe Barcelona is probably the best place for him.)

One thing about Neymar cheers me up, he likes personal glory and good enviroment.

What better place than becoming the best player in CFC history (I am analysing his mind, not saying he will achieve) and play with one of your best friends (Oscar and him are pretty close)?

Barcelona has the far edge here, but he will just be another good player...

The league is bad, but it is as bad as any other league outside top4. What made me laugh was your Seedorf comparison, like it is suposed to mean anything.

Neymar is extra good, you must see him playing, training, etc. We are Brazil, we wouldnt make such a hype for nobody. You have no idea what you are talking about mate, sorry.

The Neymar's discussions are useless until he goes to Europe and make you look like clowns...

1. I would love to see Neymar do those step overs against the likes of Terry, Puyol, Ramos, Vidic, Hummels, etc.

2. Against Argentina and Barcelona, top teams, he bottled it in the highest fashion. One of the worst players on the pitch. I assume of a player of the hype you all so drool over, would pull in a better shift than that.

3. Seedorf is a 30+ central midfielder and one of the top scorers. Truly a league of high quality

4. At this rate, hopefully he doesn't end up like Robinho

1. I would love to see Neymar do those step overs against the likes of Terry, Puyol, Ramos, Vidic, Hummels, etc.

2. Against Argentina and Barcelona, top teams, he bottled it in the highest fashion. One of the worst players on the pitch. I assume of a player of the hype you all so drool over, would pull in a better shift than that.

3. Seedorf is a 30+ central midfielder and one of the top scorers. Truly a league of high quality

4. At this rate, hopefully he doesn't end up like Robinho

1. You will see, dont worry...

2. What game vs Argentina? Against Barcelona he was one man in a average team. Put CR7 on Getafe and ask him to play well.

3. You didnt got my laugh mate, just forget.

4. LOOOOOOOL. He is 11342464674362462356 times better than any player we produced since Ronaldo (yes).

Have one word for this guy-- "OVERRATED"

IMO hazard and gotze are currently much better than him playing in stronger leagues also whenever I watch brazil its oscar who catches my eye not neymar :dunno:

but have to agree he has huge potential.........

IMO hazard and gotze are currently much better than him playing in stronger leagues also whenever I watch brazil its oscar who catches my eye not neymar :dunno:

This.

He does have potential to be great, but so do players with the likes of Munian, Eriksen, El Shararwy, and Hazard and they are not nearly as over hyped as Neymar and all play in stronger leagues day in and day out.

He has become so over hyped that with his performances against top sides, I'm not surprised that he bottles it and gets a constant reality check.

He has potential. But he has proven nothing to categorize himself along the likes of Messi and Ronaldo as some hilariously claim that he will someday be better than them.

"Messi is just a copy of Maradona, Neymar will be better than both of them" - Pele

Cringeworthy have fuck as usual.

This.

He does have potential to be great, but so do players with the likes of Munian, Eriksen, El Shararwy, and Hazard and they are not nearly as over hyped as Neymar and all play in stronger leagues day in and day out.

He has become so over hyped that with his performances against top sides, I'm not surprised that he bottles it and gets a constant reality check.

He has potential. But he has proven nothing to categorize himself along the likes of Messi and Ronaldo as some hilariously claim that he will someday be better than them.

"Messi is just a copy of Maradona, Neymar will be better than both of them" - Pele

Cringeworthy have fuck as usual.

I respect Pelé and all that he had done but I have several problems with him:

• He constantly lies to enhance his repuatation. He doesn't need to do this and it frustrates me. He is already one of the greatest (if not the) of all time. So why must he insist that he won three World Cups. He didn't, Brasil won them.
  • The 1088 goals bollocks. I count 643 official competitive goals. With another 77 for Brasil (from friendlies). That's 720 goals. Nothing to shake a stick at.
  • The constant hyping up of whatever 17 year old has potential at Santos.
  • The constant bagging on Messi and Maradona. I get it; you don't like Argentines. He'd be sycophancy-ing them something fierce if they were Brasilian.
  • How he ignores a lot of players he played with, by giving them no recognition. Garrincha? Who is that?
  • How he belives he is the greatest player the World Cup has ever seen yet he was outperformed in every WC he played in. Just Fontaine? Garrincha? Eusébio? Gerd Müller?

Bloody Pelé. At least Maradona is entertaing.

This!

players like Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect are all ahead of Neymar! they are all learning and developing their game at the highest level whereas Neymar has got as far as he can in Brazil and wont develop anywhere near as well as the European based players! the only way for Neymar to develop further is by coming to Europe asap! and 2014 is just to late imo. Neymar will be 22/23 years old when he comes to Europe and he will be at the stage where the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect were when they were 19-21 years old, so Neymar will always be behind them in his development.

He will be a great player no doubt but imo he will never reach the very top, look at Ronlado for example it took him 3 season from the age of 18-21 to really develop into the player he is today, Neymar is already 21 and is still not even playing in Europe! no way will he ever win a Ballon d'or imo,

This!

players like Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect are all ahead of Neymar! they are all learning and developing their game at the highest level whereas Neymar has got as far as he can in Brazil and wont develop anywhere near as well as the European based players! the only way for Neymar to develop further is by coming to Europe asap! and 2014 is just to late imo. Neymar will be 22/23 years old when he comes to Europe and he will be at the stage where the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect were when they were 19-21 years old, so Neymar will always be behind them in his development.

He will be a great player no doubt but imo he will never reach the very top, look at Ronlado for example it took him 3 season from the age of 18-21 to really develop into the player he is today, Neymar is already 21 and is still not even playing in Europe! no way will he ever win a Ballon d'or imo,

Totally agree there he has stagnated his own development playing in a league with weak defenders . He couldn't even make glen johnson break a sweat whereas oscar was miles better than him last night was brazil's best player... i think oscar's decision moving to europe before world cup have been the right one & will make him even more better player.....

Neymar is clearly incredibly skilful and a wonderful natural talent, but the comparisons with Messi and Ronaldo are ill-founded. Messi and Ronaldo are proven at club level in the best leagues in world football, as well as on the international stage (albeit not to the same extent). Until Neymar makes the transition to Europe, which I think he eventually will, we cannot make the comparisons. The Brazilian league is a lot stronger than people in Europe give credit for; in fact the whole of South American football is not as far behind European football as a lot of us would like to thing. Nevertheless, it is still an obvious step-up from the Brazilian league to La Liga or the Premier League, and until Neymar shows he can tear it up to the same extent as the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Mata, Pirlo etc., to me he will just be a kid with potential, and not a superstar. There's no doubting the talent he has, but the fact he seems reluctant to move to one of the big three leagues (Spain, England, Germany) suggests to me is that he is the one who doubts himself.

AS much as i would love to have him, I would rather take the $60 million and buy at least 3 good players.. He would be a massive gamble, and the English media will destroy him if he doesn't score 30+ goals in his first season.

You have seen how a flop has affected our risk taking in the transfer department. Imagine it happened again?

Then again, he would sell T-shirts and pretty much make us the most followed Premier League team in Brasil.