Nicolas Anelka

EskWeston

True but supposed you can understand his frustration and anger given how he was treated and pushed out of the club after having achieved and done so much for us.

But he was not pushed out, AVB simply preferred Sturridge to him. He could have stayed if he'd wanted, but handed in a TR.

All came from the poor treatment and man-management he got from AVB and even the club.

What did the club do? just curious really.

What Nico said is right, we have a stupid 30s plus contract policy. We try to shove players out too quickly just to reduce the squad age.

Completely ignoring the fact that these players start to decline as they reach 30, offering them longer contracts - which they of course want - leaves you stuck with them even when they're clearly not good enough anymore.

1 year contracts allows the club to protect themselves, and not have to pay wages to a player that isn't needed.

What Nico said is right, we have a stupid 30s plus contract policy. We try to shove players out too quickly just to reduce the squad age.

Because we have learned from our past mistakes, back in the 00's we were far too sentimental, which led to our squad stagnating and hitting stupid level's of lethargicness late 2010. Is Anelka saying we should have stuck with him, Malouda and the rest for the next 10 years out of gratitudefor what they did in the double season?

Given the age of most of our starters this time two years ago, i wonder if Anelka is on drugs.

Because we have learned from our past mistakes, back in the 00's we were far too sentimental, which led to our squad stagnating and hitting stupid level's of lethargicness late 2010. Is Anelka saying we should have stuck with him, Malouda and the rest for the next 10 years out of gratitudefor what they did in the double season?

Given the age of most of our starters this time two years ago, i wonder if Anelka is on drugs.

Nico is talking about the cold treatment. Ballack also said something about the club being cold when he wasn't wanted anymore, Alex too. The club should deal with the players in a respectful manner in such matters.

Nico is talking about the cold treatment. Ballack also said something about the club being cold when he wasn't wanted anymore, Alex too. The club should deal with the players in a respectful manner in such matters.

Was it cold? or were they just not rolling over for contract demands any more?

Not letting them park at Cobham and not letting them eat with the other players is pretty cold, imo.

That bit agreed, but were they really that cold in contract talks? All the players that have departed had an offer on the table but they wanted longer or more money, in some cases both. The same will be the case with Cole and Lamps, there will be an offer on the table for them, whether they accept it is another kettle of fish.

There's nothing wrong with the club's policy on contracts for players who're 30+...That being said, players like Alex, Anelka and Malouda could have been treated much better. I don't remember Ballack or Drogba being dumped in the reserves during their last few days at the club.

Indeed. I was disappointed on how the club treated nico, they could've at least gave him 2 minutes on the pitch as a farewell game to the fans. He was nothing but a professional during his time here and scored many vital goals for us.

When the players get older Chelsea starts treating him bad. If so then why weren't Didi or Ballack treated that way. (Not that I wanted them to :P) But compared to the way Anelka has played for Chelsea and scored those massive goals, he deserved to be treated with huge respect but he got the total opposite during his last couple of days.

Now that's a shame. A big club like Chelsea should know how to treat players. They should've given him the same amount of importance as much as he got when he was bought by the club.

There's nothing wrong with the club's policy on contracts for players who're 30+...That being said, players like Alex, Anelka and Malouda could have been treated much better. I don't remember Ballack or Drogba being dumped in the reserves during their last few days at the club.

Don't see anything wrong with Malouda's treatment. He had the chance to leave but decided to stay for the money.

I still think AVB did the right thing. Anelka put in a transfer request which means his mind was not 100% with the team anymore.

I agree, I think Anelka moving on was a good thing for Chelsea FC, when you look at the bigger picture. We needed an injection of talented youth into our first team and that's exactly what we got in the form of Hazard, Oscar, Moses, KdB, Romeu..

Don't see anything wrong with Malouda's treatment. He had the chance to leave but decided to stay for the money.

You mean the club wanted him to get out. The club was letting Malouda know their intentions by dumping him in the reserves, but there are better ways to treat someone who has contributed to the trophy haul. It was after all the club's decision to even let him stay this long with that contract extension.