Josh McEachran

Term-X

Jesus christ, have some fucking patience, he's 19 years old. No one gave Lukaku a chance and now look at him, thing is with McEachran he's the type of midfielder where experience is vital, he will get that eventually. His passing range and dribbling is fantastic, i love how he contains the ball, so you're mad that he can't run about? you think that can't change?. We are way too impatient no wonder we don't have any good youth products recently, we just want rid of our young players.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we wont see McEachran play for us till he's at least 23 or 24, he has loads of time. A midfielder with the vision and passing he has is too good to just flop and die away forever, if he leaves Chelsea he will end up very good somewhere else. Leif you are expecting a Juan Mata or someone like that, you have to learn to be patient, McEachran is a deep player, it's going to take time.

EDIT: Oh and by the way Leif did you even watch the game? or just seen that he got subbed off? because a lot of my mates are saying he had a good game, some facebook status's even mentioning the likes of Bikey, Leadbitter and McEachran were immense.

Iniesta and Xavi didn't start blossoming until they were 24-25. But I guess it is okay to right off McEachran at 19 even though there are mass similarities. Not to mention he is home grown and has Chelsea DNA

Iniesta and Xavi didn't start blossoming until they were 24-25. But I guess it is okay to right off McEachran at 19 even though there are mass similarities.

Exactly, Messi wasn't starting full games till he was 22.

I don't know where people get the work rate from, it's Championship football, Championship football is based on high work rate, if he didn't work hard he wouldn't start every single game, Mowbray has a massive squad and can replace McEachran, but he plays him almost every game, hell they are even going to sell Kevin Thompson because he can't get a game. The guy is injury prone yeah but he's one of the best DM's in the Championship when he starts playing, yet McEachran has been getting his game over him all season, so he must be doing something right.

I wont lie i haven't seen as much as McEachran as i should've this year, but he must be doing good because all i hear from my friends is praise after praise and he's constantly playing full games.

@Kojo,

This isn't Fifa or Football Manager. Just because you're young doesn't mean you have special hidden away powers which are only unlocked once you reach a certain level/age. He's not 12. He's not still learning about football. "No one gave Lukaku a chance" is probably the most false statement I've seen on here this year so far. "We are way too impatient no wonder we don't have any good youth products recently, we just want rid of our young players." - I doubt my or any other fan's patience has anything to do with the board deciding which young players get their chance here or not. The comment about him being a very good player if he leaves and joins somewhere else is a complete guess and variable. As for being a deep player, he's played deep probably less than 10 times in his club career, so that can't really be said with such conviction. He's not even playing a deep role at his current club. He's either been used out wide, behind the striker or in a normal central role. I see this post as one of those ones which sound very nice and supportive of a player with the typical "HE SHOWZ SKILLS AT YOUNG AGE SO HE WILL BE BEST IN WORLD SOME DAY, JUST GIVE HIM TIME." but with little to no substance, sorry.

I don't know where people get the work rate from, it's Championship football, Championship football is based on high work rate, if he didn't work hard he wouldn't start every single game, Mowbray has a massive squad and can replace McEachran, but he plays him almost every game, hell they are even going to sell Kevin Thompson because he can't get a game. The guy is injury prone yeah but he's one of the best DM's in the Championship when he starts playing, yet McEachran has been getting his game over him all season, so he must be doing something right.

I wont lie i haven't seen as much as McEachran as i should've this year, but he must be doing good because all i hear from my friends is praise after praise and he's constantly playing full games.

Not to mention the reason behind great player's progression in ability is the fact they are surrounded by great players on team. All this club needs is stability.

Iniesta and Xavi didn't start blossoming until they were 24-25. But I guess it is okay to right off McEachran at 19 even though there are mass similarities. Not to mention he is home grown and has Chelsea DNA

Considering Chelsea don't really give youngsters the chance to establish themselves (Bertrand being the exception)...I think McEachran will end up like Jack Cork. He'll be sold to a decent Championship club, they'll give him regular playing time and eventually he'll be playing EPL football.

Considering Chelsea don't really give youngsters the chance to establish themselves (Bertrand being the exception)...I think McEachran will end up like Jack Cork. He'll be sold to a decent Championship club, they'll give him regular playing time and eventually he'll be playing EPL football.

I doubt our board will let go of one of the most natural footballers that has come out of our academy for quite some time.

Due to Thomson's injury concerns, Boro cancelled his contract....hence they can't sell him.

Nani was once 19 and showed potential. He's not exactly Figo or Ronaldo now.

Aquilani was once 19 and showed potential. He's not exactly the Xabi Alonso type of player he was tipped to be.

That American kid hardly anyone can even remember was once 19.

Age is absolutely irrelevant. You don't just have a hidden ability because you're young. There's no such thing as 'peak' years for players or 'breakthrough' ages. Messi turned into the world's best in his early 20's. It could be argued that Xavi or Pirlo turned into the world's best in their 30's. Get what I'm saying?

@Kojo,

This isn't Fifa or Football Manager. Just because you're young doesn't mean you have special hidden away powers which are only unlocked once you reach a certain level/age. He's not 12. He's not still learning about football. "No one gave Lukaku a chance" is probably the most false statement I've seen on here this year so far. "We are way too impatient no wonder we don't have any good youth products recently, we just want rid of our young players." - I doubt my or any other fan's patience has anything to do with the board deciding which young players get their chance here or not. The comment about him being a very good player if he leaves and joins somewhere else is a complete guess and variable. As for being a deep player, he's played deep probably less than 10 times in his club career, so that can't really be said with such conviction. He's not even playing a deep role at his current club. He's either been used out wide, behind the striker or in a normal central role. I see this post as one of those ones which sound very nice and supportive of a player with the typical "HE SHOWZ SKILLS AT YOUNG AGE SO HE WILL BE BEST IN WORLD SOME DAY, JUST GIVE HIM TIME." but with little to no substance, sorry.

I don't even know how you have the nerve to say this isn't football manager or FIFA, yet you're the one who is clearly short sighted, getting rid of players.

You're saying people gave Lukaku a chance? funniest post I've seen for a long time my friend, go look in Lukaku thread when it was pre season, the amount of people who wanted him gone it wasn't even funny, people said his first touch is just too bad that he wont even make it in the premier league alone.

He's clearly a deep player, I've watched few games myself he constantly covers, the likes of Leadbitter go forward, as Haroun sticks wide, McEachran sticks at the back, hence why he has no goals this season. You where never a good poster anyway, and your ignorance has just shown that, all you do is try to mock me when there is nothing to mock, fact is my logic is better than yours, it's pretty clear. But go be your weird self and try to humor us all with your stupid attemps. Because the fact you don't even know where this guy plays just shows that you clearly don't watch him.

Due to Thomson's injury concerns, Boro cancelled his contract....hence they can't sell him.

I know, just found that out now, It's a shame because he was one hell of a player. Gordon Strachan was a terrible manager, but he bought some great players, bar Kris Boyd.

Nani was once 19 and showed potential. He's not exactly Figo or Ronaldo now.

Aquilani was once 19 and showed potential. He's not exactly the Xabi Alonso type of player he was tipped to be.

That American kid hardly anyone can even remember was once 19.

Age is absolutely irrelevant. You don't just have a hidden ability because you're young. There's no such thing as 'peak' years for players or 'breakthrough' ages. Messi turned into the world's best in his early 20's. It could be argued that Xavi or Pirlo turned into the world's best in their 30's. Get what I'm saying?

So age doesn't matter now? lmao how can you say age is irrelevent when that's clearly not the case, almost every player gets better as age goes on. Just look at McEachran, he's playing good football, you're aren't even watching him yet you're saying he's not doing very well. You commented on him getting subbed off yet you never even seen the game, that just sums it up for me to be honest. You're far too impatient, you probably expect him to be the next Juan Mata or Lampard or some bull shit like that. I would love to just speed up McEachrans development now, because we really need a player what he is capable of in the double pivot. But that wont be for quite a while, but of course these wonderkids really need to start performing now don't they?.

I guess McEachran should be scoring at least 1 overhead kick on average per game.

I don't even know how you have the nerve to say this isn't football manager or FIFA, yet you're the one who is clearly short sighted, getting rid of players.

You're saying people gave Lukaku a chance? funniest post I've seen for a long time my friend, go look in Lukaku thread when it was pre season, the amount of people who wanted him gone it wasn't even funny, people said his first touch is just too bad that he wont even make it in the premier league alone.

He's clearly a deep player, I've watched few games myself he constantly covers, the likes of Leadbitter go forward, as Haroun sticks wide, McEachran sticks at the back, hence why he has no goals this season. You where never a good poster anyway, and your ignorance has just shown that, all you do is try to mock me when there is nothing to mock, fact is my logic is better than yours, it's pretty clear. But go be your weird self and try to humor us all with your stupid attemps. Because the fact you don't even know where this guy plays just shows that you clearly don't watch him.

Find me one post on this entire forum where I've said we should get rid of a player, bar Torres. I certainly haven't said that about Josh, have I? Or maybe I have. Please quote whatever you're referring to.

People constantly did and still do comment on Lukaku's 1st touch - because it was awful. He was always given chances by our fans though. In that same very thread you'll see posts constantly saying "He should start ahead of Torres"; "I want to see Sturridge and Lukaku start together"; "Bring him back, he's better than Torres and ready to start games." Sure, some people didn't give him chances, but saying that no one did is a lie.

I've watched a few games of Bertrand playing on the wing but that doesn't make him a winger, does it? Oh he does cover, definitely, but he doesn't take this deep role you're talking about at all. He plays central. Not advanced, not deep, central. He doesn't have no goals just because he sticks back lol. He's been right in front of goal numerous times and simply failed to finish. You can't say again with conviction THE reason why he has no goals when you've just confessed you've only watched a few games. If there is nothing to mock, how on earth am I attempting to mock you? I'm also assuming the comment about not being a good poster is sarcasm given your history of lying to the entire forum etc. A little name change doesn't change that.

Edit: Just noticed what some would call a 'personal attack' at the end of that post of yours. I'm pretty sure that shows the way this is going and which poster is actually posting more substance here.

Wait.....

So Messi wasn't starting full games until he was 22?

You're saying Messi didn't start a full game until three years ago???

So the 150-odd games for Barca were all substitute appearances? What about his 30+ international caps?

Find me one post on this entire forum where I've said we should get rid of a player, bar Torres. I certainly haven't said that about Josh, have I? Or maybe I have. Please quote whatever you're referring to.

People constantly did and still do comment on Lukaku's 1st touch - because it was awful. He was always given chances by our fans though. In that same very thread you'll see posts constantly saying "He should start ahead of Torres"; "I want to see Sturridge and Lukaku start together"; "Bring him back, he's better than Torres and ready to start games." Sure, some people didn't give him chances, but saying that no one did is a lie.

I've watched a few games of Bertrand playing on the wing but that doesn't make him a winger, does it? Oh he does cover, definitely, but he doesn't take this deep role you're talking about at all. He plays central. Not advanced, not deep, central. He doesn't have no goals just because he sticks back lol. He's been right in front of goal numerous times and simply failed to finish. You can't say again with conviction THE reason why he has no goals when you've just confessed you've only watched a few games. If there is nothing to mock, how on earth am I attempting to mock you? I'm also assuming the comment about not being a good poster is sarcasm given your history of lying to the entire forum etc. A little name change doesn't change that.

Are you kidding me? you want me to find you a post? just go look at Henrique or Justin 3D they said it more than one hundred bloody times. He wasn't given chances by the fans at all, pure 100 percent myth! only some Belgians backed him, most of this forum and fans gave up on him, and i bet a lot of people would admit right now that they underestimated Lukaku.

McEachran DOES play deep, because you see i watch him play. He always midfielders movement, he had a few games where he played up with Ledesma when he first arrived, he was constantly getting Justin Hoyte into the game, it's like the best game I've ever seen Justin Hoyte had in his career, McEachran was feeding him in every single time. If you think Josh is a average player, then simply go watch his games under Ancelotti when he was 17, especially the Marseille one. He's a good talent, you're giving up on him, wouldn't surprise me if you gave up on Lukaku too, if we don't have any faith in youngsters then what is even the point in the academy?. I understand in being honest and having logic, like Gael Kakuta has had lots of loans, yes he is arguably unlucky but he's proven he's not good enough. McEachran as I've said isn't a player who contains such things as flair, he's not going to show he's a cracking talent at such early ages like that.

Because a lot of his work goes unnoticed, give him a chance and we will see what happens, he's a good player and he's doing well for Boro, there should be no complains at the moment. But certainly no high expectations as theirs still a lot of time for him, I've already put out my reasons for it, age is obviously relevent, if you honeslty believe that age is not even a factor at all, then I'm not replying as it would be very pointless.

Wait.....

So Messi wasn't starting full games until he was 22?

You're saying Messi didn't start a full game until three years ago???

So the 150-odd games for Barca were all substitute appearances? What about his 30+ international caps?

Obviously i meant consistently... people on this forum need common sense.

Are you kidding me? you want me to find you a post? just go look at Henrique or Justin 3D they said it more than one hundred bloody times. He wasn't given chances by the fans at all, pure 100 percent myth! only some Belgians backed him, most of this forum and fans gave up on him, and i bet a lot of people would admit right now that they underestimated Lukaku.

McEachran DOES play deep, because you see i watch him play. He always midfielders movement, he had a few games where he played up with Ledesma when he first arrived, he was constantly getting Justin Hoyte into the game, it's like the best game I've ever seen Justin Hoyte had in his career, McEachran was feeding him in every single time. If you think Josh is a average player, then simply go watch his games under Ancelotti when he was 17, especially the Marseille one. He's a good talent, you're giving up on him, wouldn't surprise me if you gave up on Lukaku too, if we don't have any faith in youngsters then what is even the point in the academy?. I understand in being honest and having logic, like Gael Kakuta has had lots of loans, yes he is arguably unlucky but he's proven he's not good enough. McEachran as I've said isn't a player who contains such things as flair, he's not going to show he's a cracking talent at such early ages like that.

Because a lot of his work goes unnoticed, give him a chance and we will see what happens, he's a good player and he's doing well for Boro, there should be no complains at the moment. But certainly no high expectations as theirs still a lot of time for him, I've already put out my reasons for it, age is obviously relevent, if you honeslty believe that age is not even a factor at all, then I'm not replying as it would be very pointless.

So Henrique and Justin are suddenly "everyone"? Lucky them! So we've gone from "No one" gave him a chance, to the minority of the forum AKA the Belgians giving him a chance, to 'most of the forum' not giving him a chance. Heh.

I also didn't say McEachran was an average player... and now you're implying that I should judge him from a game he played almost 3 years ago? That's like saying "Torres is world class because of that game 3 years ago vs. Blackburn", isn't it? The point of the academy at this club is to produce profit first and foremost, since you asked.

WHAT!? KAKUTA ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!? BUT HE IS STARTING FOR A TEAM PUSHING FOR A EUROPA LEAGUE PLACE! YOU FOOL! I BET YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH HIM DO YOU?