Josh McEachran

Term-X

What a crap penalty. Honestly, he can't score, he can't tackle - he can just pass. How on earth can he ever make it as a starter at this club? I never see it happening.

He has been working on his tackling and there are enough players that can JUST pass that are stars so calm down mate he has the potential to suceed here at chelsea!

To be honest Ive never understood the hype around this guy. He might be good, but I doubt he will ever be a starter for us.

I reckon we will sell him in a year or so.

One of the most comfortable players on the ball that we've ever developed. Brilliant vision, tremendous passer and very skilful.

The problem is that he's underdeveloped physically. He just doesn't look like a professional athlete and sometimes struggles to get into games not just because of his strength but also because of the pace of the game. He could need another couple of years to get into the kind of shape that someone like an Iniesta or Wilshere is.

He also needs to man the fuck up a little bit. His body language can make him look a little scared at times and that's because he's fairly reserved as a person. He has the potential to be a Modric but he needs to up his workrate and just puff that little chest out a bit more because his technique has never been in question.

One of the most comfortable players on the ball that we've ever developed. Brilliant vision, tremendous passer and very skilful.

The problem is that he's underdeveloped physically. He just doesn't look like a professional athlete and sometimes struggles to get into games not just because of his strength but also because of the pace of the game. He could need another couple of years to get into the kind of shape that someone like an Iniesta or Wilshere is.

He also needs to man the fuck up a little bit. His body language can make him look a little scared at times and that's because he's fairly reserved as a person. He has the potential to be a Modric but he needs to up his workrate and just puff that little chest out a bit more because his technique has never been in question.

Haha, I'm the opposite. Almost no grace or technicality. I'm a pretty small guy (think a slightly taller Maradona) , but that doesn't stop me from puffing my chest out and kicking 6ft2guys in the knee caps.

Haha, I'm the opposite. Almost no grace or technicality. I'm a pretty small guy (think a slightly taller Maradona) , but that doesn't stop me from puffing my chest out and kicking 6ft2guys in the knee caps.

That's exactly what Josh needs - a bit of spite. Lovely bloke, needs to be more of a cunt.

Haha, you calling me a cunt!?

Look at Luiz. One of the nicest fellas in world football. Doesn't stop him from kneeing Rooney in the gut.

article-0-0D6DF642000005DC-429_634x418.j

I thought that might come out a bit wrong. :blush:

You know what I mean though. He needs to bite a few more ankles, have a bit more arrogance about him. A bit more Cooper, a bit less Larkham.

As I said, I dont deny he might be good. But I cannot see him EVER being a starter for us. Maybe low-mid table high PL team in a year or so.

I honestly think its the bolded part that makes us talk so high of this guy. Had he not been a Chelsea product we wouldnt even look at him.

Completely true, totally agree @YouNameIt - if he wasn't from our youth academy would we be linked with Josh? No, I don't deny he's good on the ball but he's not a class talent for me, I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a starter for us I just can't see it though.

As I said, I dont deny he might be good. But I cannot see him EVER being a starter for us. Maybe low-mid table high PL team in a year or so.

I honestly think its the bolded part that makes us talk so high of this guy. Had he not been a Chelsea product we wouldnt even look at him.

There are plenty of good young players we're not linked with, especially at big clubs. There's no doubt he's struggled with making the transition to first-team football, but he's still only 19 and a small 19 year old at that. Look at someone like Cleverley - he didn't make the United first team regularly until he was 22, yet now he's seen as an England fixture for years to come despite him being wildly overrated in my opinion.

Josh still has a lot of growing to do yet he's established himself as a first-teamer in a team pushing for promotion. Who knows what he could do in two years?

Completely true, totally agree @YouNameIt - if he wasn't from our youth academy would we be linked with Josh? No, I don't deny he's good on the ball but he's not a class talent for me, I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a starter for us I just can't see it though.

We've never been linked with Wilshere, but I think he could be a decent player.

There are certainly question marks over Josh but I'd say a lot of those are to do with his physicality. He needs to grow and learn to assert himself in games, but those are things he can work on. Where Josh excels are in the things that you can't usually learn.

Thats not true at all, we were linked with Wilshere sometime before his Arsenal debut, we offered him (apparently) £100,000 a year to come to us when he was 16!

I really dont agree with the Wilshere hype, he's a good player but he's not everything Arsenal has built him up to be, I do enjoy his passion for his club and he definitely is more physical than Josh.

Thats not true at all, we were linked with Wilshere sometime before his Arsenal debut, we offered him (apparently) £100,000 a year to come to us when he was 16!

I really dont agree with the Wilshere hype, he's a good player but he's not everything Arsenal has built him up to be, I do enjoy his passion for his club and he definitely is more physical than Josh.

I don't recall us going after Wilshere although I could be wrong though. He's a great little player though.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I suppose. But could you imagine what it would be like to have a player int he CENTER of the park who could dictate the tempo and start attacks. I just think if we were brave and played players like him in a few more first team games next season the doubters could really see where his talents lie.

And who ever made themselves a star from just being a passer? Are you f***ing kidding me!?

Finally, I think Wilshere is class and I wish we had him or an older Josh in the middle of our park.

And please don't think I'm some hardcore Mceachran fan who is blind to any criticism, there is plenty to be had for him and his not hitting full capabilities; I just used him as a login to show a little love :)