Terry travels to Žilina, Cole and Lampard miss out

BlueLion.

Carlo Ancelotti has this afternoon discussed the fitness of his three England players, two of whom will not travel to Slovakia for our Champions League date with MŠK Žilina on Wednesday.

The manager is able to include his captain on the trip but the vice-captain remains sidelined.

'John Terry trained today and he will travel. The players we have out and unavailable are Bosingwa and Lampard,' Ancelotti said.

'Jose still needs some time. Frank also needs some more time before he is ready to play, but he should be okay for the game on Sunday.

'Ashley Cole will also stay out for the game on Wednesday because I want to give him some rest. He played two games with the national team and he also played on Saturday. There is no problem, but it is better for him to rest.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2152984,00.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------cech-----------------

ferreira/bane------alex/bane--------terry----zhirkov

------------------mikel-----------------

-----essien--------------benayoun------

kalou----------------------------malouda

----------------anelka-------------------

stu,kakuta,ram as a sub

Probably resting Ashley so he can stop Zhirkov trying to get away xD, but seriously it'll be good to see him get some game time! I'm glad Lampard's getting the extra rest, he doesn't really need to play vs Zilina.. We've got enough cover.

Still concerned about Bosingwa's lack of involvement. Would be 12 months, next month, since he last played right?

I'd rather Ramires take Lampard's place than Benayoun and wouldn't mind seeing Sturridge start and Kakuta coming on later (which I think he will)

No disrespect to Žilina, but I think we can afford to rest all three of Cole, Lampard and Terry. I'd like to see Yuri, Yossi and Bruma replace them:

Cech ©

Ferreira, Ivanovic, Bruma, Zhirkov

Mikel

Essien, Benayoun

Sturridge, Kalou

Anelka

I think that team has more than enough firepower to beat Zilina, even without Lampard and Drogba. You'd have Ramires and Malouda amongst the substitutes as well. However no doubt Terry probably will play because he's our iron man, but if he doesn't, I think Cech will be the captain over Essien as he wore it in the Crystal Palace game when there was no Terry, Lampard or Drogba.