Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Pre-Season thread


BlueLion.
 Share
Followers 4

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yea I wouldn't expect any of them to play against Spurs so quickly just like the Havertz, Werner, Kante etc. didn't feature against Bournemouth in last week's friendly.

A few of the latest arrivals will probably feature in the Super Cup to get some match fitness before the PL starts. 

Just curious, any idea when Ben White returned? Wasn't expecting him to play yesterday but he did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jas said:

Just curious, any idea when Ben White returned? Wasn't expecting him to play yesterday but he did. 

His transfer to Arsenal was only confirmed last Friday, so at most he'll have had a couple of training sessions before yesterdays game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jype said:

His transfer to Arsenal was only confirmed last Friday, so at most he'll have had a couple of training sessions before yesterdays game. 

Hmmm. Wonder if Tuchel will try to squeeze those lads in on Wednesday, even though it's probably unlikely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jas said:

Hmmm. Wonder if Tuchel will try to squeeze those lads in on Wednesday, even though it's probably unlikely. 

It's a shortened summer break, so I'd be surprised if the players haven't at least got a reasonable level of base fitness to work from. The only two which might need a bit more work is James and Chilwell as they didn't feature much in the Euros so their match fitness will be in a worse position, but I don't think they'll all be a million miles away from being ready for the start of the season.

Also to note given the sheer numbers Tuchel has currently, I'm sure he can operate a number of competitive in-house games to get players up and running beyond the Spurs game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2021 at 18:14, Superblue_1986 said:

Also to note given the sheer numbers Tuchel has currently, I'm sure he can operate a number of competitive in-house games to get players up and running beyond the Spurs game.

Seems like there'll be one this weekend...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...
Posted (edited)
Link to post
Share on other sites
https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1526956560324472833
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/05/18/Chelsea-to-play-in-las-vegas-and-charlotte-as-part-of-usa-pre-se

USA_Tour_Announcement_Article_Body_2560x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...