Hip Hop discussion

Aria

No, i do not like La Fouine ! Not at all lol !

The NTM Affirmative Action remix with Nas and AZ was great.

I tried my best to understand what was being said with my GCSE level French.

I got a C by the way...so not too bad! :D

:lol:

Yeah, this is one of my favourite NTM's track.

Here a quick translation, I hope this will help you (there are few french expressions which I do not know how to translate) :

Kool Shen :

No Don Corleon in my Hood

But if you mess up, till the end you will have to play the maids.

But there is no more space for the dreams,

Here when we rise up the haters ???? (I guess it's "the haters envy you")

Even the angels kill you

Know that the union makes the strenght but the misery devides it.

And that in crisis time each one bets on his biz

Each one his Mafia, each one his Mifa (for Famille -> familly)

Even the State runs like this.

Only wangle disguised in State secrets.

Joey Starr :

For all my peeps (word already in english in the song, but i don't know what it means)

????????

Even the life holds us at arm's strenght

We work in the shadow being aware of our strenght :

The strenght of the number. It's like this we win/prevail

Within this bloody (or fucking) underground society,

We have the wind in our back, ready to fly by our own wings.

Where I live there is no boss...

No, there is no place for all that

In my Hood my man.

I've seen boyz who ruin them-self at the foot of the Projects.

I also love "Tout n'est pas si facile" and "Paris sous les bombes"... I don't know if you know them...? If you do not, go

and

They are great on stage, if you have one day the opportunity to go see them, don't hesitate a second.

And what other Emcees/groups (french) do you listen to ?

Edited by killamanjaro

No, i do not like La Fouine ! Not at all lol !

:lol:

Yeah, this is one of my favourite NTM's track.

Here a quick translation, I hope this will help you (there are few french expressions which I do not know how to translate) :

I also love "Tout n'est pas si facile" and "Paris sous les bombes"... I don't know if you know them...? If you do not, go

and

They are great on stage, if you have one day the opportunity to go see them, don't hesitate a second.

And what other Emcees/groups (french) do you listen to ?

Thanks for the lyrics!

I liked a few of MC Solaar's songs from back in the days when my older brother use to listen to him.

I watched a French film recently called 'Un Prophete' and it was very good.

The funny thing is I have no connection to France but I sort of like the country, the language and some of the culture. It's why I really like our French players and guys like Essien and Didier who become great players there. :tophat:

LDN - That was, erm, interesting! Not really my kind of rap to be honest. :unsure:

Any of you guys listen to J Cole?

:lol: Yeah, it's that "aggressive" type of rap (as I call it).. Not for everyone

But yeah, J.Cole is simply outstanding! Saw him live in London this year, him and Wale were dope as hell. Wale is almost as good as J.Cole, I like their policy of free music and releasing a mixtape every now and then.

J.Cole > Joe Cole (as TX said once)

:lol: Yeah, it's that "aggressive" type of rap (as I call it).. Not for everyone

But yeah, J.Cole is simply outstanding! Saw him live in London this year, him and Wale were dope as hell. Wale is almost as good as J.Cole, I like their policy of free music and releasing a mixtape every now and then.

J.Cole > Joe Cole (as TX said once)

Yeah I need to download his new mixtape! The Warm Up is one of my favourites. Not really into Wale too tough but I like a few of his songs.

And J Cole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe Cole by a mile. There's only one J Cole from now on in my opinion. :D

Yeah I need to download his new mixtape! The Warm Up is one of my favourites. Not really into Wale too tough but I like a few of his songs.

And J Cole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe Cole by a mile. There's only one J Cole from now on in my opinion. :D

Yeah, he was set to release his album at the end of this year but there was a delay, so he decided to drop a mixtape instead. Here's a sample of Wale at his best (imo)..

&

Thanks for the lyrics!

I liked a few of MC Solaar's songs from back in the days when my older brother use to listen to him.

I watched a French film recently called 'Un Prophete' and it was very good.

The funny thing is I have no connection to France but I sort of like the country, the language and some of the culture. It's why I really like our French players and guys like Essien and Didier who become great players there. :tophat:

You're welcome ;)

Yeah, MC Solaar is a great french Emcee, I like him (even though I don't listen to him as much).

So if you like french hip-hop, I suggest you (maybe you already know few of them) : Les Sages Poètes de la Rue, Afro Jazz, Funky Familly, and Sniper for the groups (and obviously Supreme NTM, but you know them). And for the Emcees : Zoxea (a Sages Po member), Busta Flex, Joey Starr and Kool Shen in solo.

Here some links :

Les Sages Po:

(fuckin awesome) -- Qu'est-ce qui fait marche les Sages

Afro Jazz:

--

Zoxea:

Oh, i didn't already seen Un Prophète... But here in France he has really good critics....

I strongly advice you the movie called La Haine. It shows the life in the French ghettos, through the journey of three friends.

Ahah, somehow I'm as you (but with England) :lol:

Oh, i didn't already seen Un Prophète... But here in France he has really good critics....

I strongly advice you the movie called La Haine. It shows the life in the French ghettos, through the journey of three friends.

Ahah, somehow I'm as you (but with England) :lol:

Cheers for the links bro, I will check them out.:goodpost:

I've heard good things about La Haine and have been meaning to check it out. Another good French film I liked was Mesrine with Vincent Cassel. Great actor! :worship:

• 2 weeks later...