The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I'm 14 inches and I can also bring a cucumber if you'd like

:o :o :o

You and your dirty mind! I only make exceptions for people with broad shoulders!

Thanks :) things are just very busy. Took Nathan to see my Alma mater last weekend! And teaching him to drive! (Yikes!) plus Mac is playing for her school and club... Oh and I had to turn in grades last week

How are you, love?

Great to hear that everything is running smoothly, dear. Busy is usually a good thing. It means we don't have time for trouble and over-thinking! :)

Me? Erm....let's just say that, probability wise, things are much more likely to get better than worse! :D

:o :o :o

You and your dirty mind! I only make exceptions for people with broad shoulders!

Great to hear that everything is running smoothly, dear. Busy is usually a good thing. It means we don't have time for trouble and over-thinking! :)

Me? Erm....let's just say that, probability wise, things are much more likely to get better than worse! :D

What are you talking about? I was talking about the size of my meat, dirty little boy

that's the match I will watch.. but not sure Scumpools defence is worse than Manures

Off topic, but I've always wondered is it 'defence' or 'defense'?

I've seen it written both ways (though my spell check insists on correcting it to 'defense'!).

But, I mean, we say 'defensive' and not 'defencive' so it must be 'defense', right?

Off topic, but I've always wondered is it 'defence' or 'defense'?

I've seen it written both ways (though my spell check insists on correcting it to 'defense'!).

But, I mean, we say 'defensive' and not 'defencive' so it must be 'defense', right?

English spell it Defence Usa Defense.. You are using American Spell check try Colour or Centre :D

Don't know if you remember our boy Tommy Tomminho, the guy who used to claim that he supports all the London teams + FC Porto + basically everyone else. Well, you might want to know that he decided to go full retard, I mean even more than he already was. To be more specific, Tommy is now... wait for it... a ladyboy. That's right. I was trying to have a laugh watching some of his 'DRAGON SKILLZ' on Youtube, but I would never have expected such a plot twist. If you don't believe me, check it out yourself.

@Barbara, How is your Facebook feed after the elections? Mine is pure garbage. Looking worse than here after a loss. But also sort of funny in a way :ph34r:

Even my Twitter TL is littered with stuff about the Brazilian elections for some reason! :lol:

51%? Pretty close. Was she the one you were rooting for (if you don't mind me asking, of course)?

Even my Twitter TL is littered with stuff about the Brazilian elections for some reason! :lol:

51%? Pretty close. Was she the one you were rooting for (if you don't mind me asking, of course)?

Yeah, Roussef was the I was rooting for. Sort of, mostly because I'm a bit of a leftist. Ideally I wouldn't have chosen either. IMO both are terrible choices. And what's really interesting (you must remember it) is that people went to the streets last year to protest against corruption and to ask for changes and we end up having to choose between the current president and the candidate from the party who used to be on charge before. So much for a change. Also I just don't understand how can people trust so much either of them. You see people talking about their candidates as if they were the Messiah, people betting their cars and stuff like that. I mean, I wouldn't completely trust my own brother with whom I grew up with not to end up being corrupted by power, never mind two strangers whose political parties have been involved in multiple corruption schemes, even if those schemes couldn't be traced to the candidates themselves (like if there's a difference). And actually both are more similar than they want us to believe, difference being the Laborers Party has a slightly stronger emphasis on social programs and leftism whereas the Social Democrats is more right wing and aligned with economical liberalism. I dunno, in the end I'd have preferred if both went to prison or got death sentences along with most of their political party mates. I consider corrupt/bad politicians the worst kind of people a society may have. Whilst normal criminals/bandits/drug dealers may be killing or affecting the lives of hundreds maybe thousands of people at most, a bad politician is turning the life of millions into shit with bad educational system, healthcare system etc. People don't realize how much detrimental to a nation they may turn out to be. And at least the criminals usually have an "excuse" to be the way they are. Some are mentally ill. Some came from bad backgrounds. Most politicians don't even have that going for them, they're just shitty people greedy for power and money.

And what makes me laugh the most is people calling the ones who didn't vote for the candidates they supported stupid when in reality both are shitty, I honestly don't hold it against anyone not voting for whom I preferred because I found it difficult myself to choose, so poor was the level of them both and their parties. In addition, Brazilians seem to look for the person only and not for the political party, it's like all that matters is that person they're seeing in debates and ads. As if a single individual held all the power in all decisions, like his political party doesn't factor in the government at all. That's also amusing.

This was longer than I expected. And also came off as a rant. Not intended. Sorry.

Yeah, Roussef was the I was rooting for. Sort of, mostly because I'm a bit of a leftist. Ideally I wouldn't have chosen either. IMO both are terrible choices. And what's really interesting (you must remember it) is that people went to the streets last year to protest against corruption and to ask for changes and we end up having to choose between the current president and the candidate from the party who used to be on charge before. So much for a change. Also I just don't understand how can people trust so much either of them. You see people talking about their candidates as if they were the Messiah, people betting their cars and stuff like that. I mean, I wouldn't completely trust my own brother with whom I grew up with not to end up being corrupted by power, never mind two strangers whose political parties have been involved in multiple corruption schemes, even if those schemes couldn't be traced to the candidates themselves (like if there's a difference). And actually both are more similar than they want us to believe, difference being the Laborers Party has a slightly stronger emphasis on social programs and leftism whereas the Social Democrats is more right wing and aligned with economical liberalism. I dunno, in the end I'd have preferred if both went to prison or got death sentences along with most of their political party mates. I consider corrupt/bad politicians the worst kind of people a society may have. Whilst normal criminals/bandits/drug dealers may be killing or affecting the lives of hundreds maybe thousands of people at most, a bad politician is turning the life of millions into shit with bad educational system, healthcare system etc. People don't realize how much detrimental to a nation they may turn out to be. And at least the criminals usually have an "excuse" to be the way they are. Some are mentally ill. Some came from bad backgrounds. Most politicians don't even have that going for them, they're just shitty people greedy for power and money.

And what makes me laugh the most is people calling the ones who didn't vote for the candidates they supported stupid when in reality both are shitty, I honestly don't hold it against anyone not voting for whom I preferred because I found it difficult myself to choose, so poor was the level of them both and their parties. In addition, Brazilians seem to look for the person only and not for the political party, it's like all that matters is that person they're seeing in debates and ads. As if a single individual held all the power in all decisions, like his political party doesn't factor in the government at all. That's also amusing.

This was longer than I expected. And also came off as a rant. Not intended. Sorry.

You're too idealistic, Dion. Let me give you a snap shot of the state of the Lebanese government right now to make you feel better about Brasil :lol:

-The strongest presidential candidate is a war criminal who killed and massacred thousands of Lebanese during the civil war based on religion only and helped Israel invade Lebanon. Since his opposition can't come up with a stronger candidate all they can do is block a vote so we have been without a president for over 6 months.

-The parliament has for the second time "renewed for itself" against all laws and constitution for "security reasons" destroying any remaining resemblance to democracy.

-The term of the council of ministers has ended over 6 months ago so right no there is literally no one to take or implement any executive decisions in the country and support our army in its war with extremist ISIS-related groups in several regions of the country since right now they are having to settle for compromising and letting the terrorists go every time because of the lack of political decision to end those terrorist groups.

So basically, right now, it would be a step in a positive direction if our unconstitutional parliament got together to elect the the traitorous war criminal so that he could form a new council of ministers that is able to decide that we need to kill the terrorists in our country.

Feel better? :D

You're too idealistic, Dion. Let me give you a snap shot of the state of the Lebanese government right now to make you feel better about Brasil :lol:

-The strongest presidential candidate is a war criminal who killed and massacred thousands of Lebanese during the civil war based on religion only and helped Israel invade Lebanon. Since his opposition can't come up with a stronger candidate all they can do is block a vote so we have been without a president for over 6 months.

-The parliament has for the second time "renewed for itself" against all laws and constitution for "security reasons" destroying any remaining resemblance to democracy.

-The term of the council of ministers has ended over 6 months ago so right no there is literally no one to take or implement any executive decisions in the country and support our army in its war with extremist ISIS-related groups in several regions of the country since right now they are having to settle for compromising and letting the terrorists go every time because of the lack of political decision to end those terrorist groups.

So basically, right now, it would be a step in a positive direction if our unconstitutional parliament got together to elect the the traitorous war criminal so that he could form a new council of ministers that is able to decide that we need to kill the terrorists in our country.

Feel better? :D

Not really. The fact there are other countries with as bad or worse of a situation just makes me lose my faith in humanity. If anything it makes me feel worse. Sometimes I feel like I should just leave everything behind and become a hermit. But then I remember being a hermit must be boring as hell :lol:

Not really. The fact there are other countries with as bad or worse of a situation just makes me lose my faith in humanity. If anything it makes me feel worse. Sometimes I feel like I should just leave everything behind and become a hermit. But then I remember being a hermit must be boring as hell :lol:

Hermits don't have internet access! :P

Hermits don't have internet access! :P

Exactly. I wonder what the hell would I do. I don't exactly possess plenty of survival skills and knowledge to keep myself alive in the wilds and/or religious-spiritual inclinations to pray 24/7 and not die from boredom either. Maybe I could survive in a monastery with a huge library but that's about it.