The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Having my driving test soon.

Pretty nervous :wacko:

The worst thing you can do is turn it into AN EVENT, if your instructor thinks you're ready then you've already passed, it's just a case of 'confirming' it. There needs to be a sense of flow to the day of the test, just another day.. don't do anything contrived, sleep-eat-drink well.

Revise maps and the areas you'll be covering, driving is easy.. it's the traffic & roads that are the problem. So, in a sense the driving test is a test of roads & traffic, not actual skill behind the wheel. For example, you can stall it 10 zillion times and still pass the test because that only accounts to mere minors.

The worst thing you can do is turn it into AN EVENT, if your instructor thinks you're ready then you've already passed, it's just a case of 'confirming' it. There needs to be a sense of flow to the day of the test, just another day.. don't do anything contrived, sleep-eat-drink well.

Revise maps and the areas you'll be covering, driving is easy.. it's the traffic & roads that are the problem. So, in a sense the driving test is a test of roads & traffic, not actual skill behind the wheel. For example, you can stall it 10 zillion times and still pass the test because that only accounts to mere minors.

When I did it 9 years ago we got stuck in a traffic jam for 20 of the 30 minutes, easiest exam in my life =F

My driving test lasted for 5 minutes and I passed :)

Haha 5 min? here it's usually 15-25 min. And you drive around town, not around cones or something like that (which I've seen on TV).

And you have to take atleast 28 lessons of 40 min each or 19 lessons of an hour, and only then u can take the test.

Also after u pass, you have to drive with an adult for 3 months before you can drive alone only untill 9PM, then another 3 months untill you can drive alone all the time.

The minimum age is 16 and 9 months.

Haha 5 min? here it's usually 15-25 min. And you drive around town, not around cones or something like that (which I've seen on TV).

And you have to take atleast 28 lessons of 40 min each or 19 lessons of an hour, and only then u can take the test.

Also after u pass, you have to drive with an adult for 3 months before you can drive alone only untill 9PM, then another 3 months untill you can drive alone all the time.

The minimum age is 16 and 9 months.

What? 28 lessons of 40min? I can learn how to drive a F1 car with that many lessons!

Here you have to do it in three steps. First, you need to do a medical/physocologic exam. Then, you have to take 9 theorical classes of 40min to learn about the traffic rules and what not, so you can take a theorical test of around 40 tests. Third, you take 10 pratical lessons of 50min during the day and 5 at night. At last, you do your actual pratical exam that consists of 3-4 blocks of real traffic, but with some cones and parking tasks, which only lasts about 10mins.

You get the result right away...

Here you only have to do one step: Bribe the guy :ph34r:

Who said you can't do that in here also? :P

In Brasil they are so indiscreet that they don't even wait for you to ask them. They start already telling you that for 350 reais you don't have to go through the process...

Who said you can't do that in here also? :P

In Brasil they are so indiscreet that they don't even waited for you to ask them. They start already telling you that for 350 reais you don't have to go through the process...

Yeah, but the problem here is that it is the only way. You won't pass if you don't bribe the guy. It's a sad reality.