The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Easy, dump the swimming classes, duh!

Meanwhile, my uni have decided that the best time for exams is Saturday afternoons :angry: ...thinking of dropping out :cfc:

EDIT: How are your swimming lessons going, btw? :D

You delinquent you!

Can't dump swimming.....how would I survive the end of the world. Well I still can't do a back float, have to be prodded with a cattle prod to go in the deep, still drinking the people pool water instead of breathing but I did get an excellent by the instructor for my freestyle arm movement...so yay for that!!

How goes the swimming lessons?

Per usual the game is on at 2 am here so I will be asleep (especially since I have the flu!) but I have my jersey on and am saying my prayers! KTBFFH

Wicked jealous of Alex who I heard has tickets to the game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm always jealous of those who go to the matches!! Ah one day I'll be there :D. Yes you definitely need to make an appointment with your bed! I hope you feel better soon!

That paradox of swimming. On a scale of lamest in swimming I think I've graduated to a 8. On the bright side improvement!!! :D

I'm thinking of taking kick boxing lessons but think I'll be too acquainted with the bottom of the pool on the following day if I do

Can't dump swimming.....how would I survive the end of the world. Well I still can't do a back float, have to be prodded with a cattle prod to go in the deep, still drinking the people pool water instead of breathing but I did get an excellent by the instructor for my freestyle arm movement...so yay for that!!

Floating isn't as easy or as natural as one would have you think. If you are quite slender or very muscular it can be difficult...the body's tendency is to sink. Unlike me who has nice fatty deposits and float very well! It is also harder to float in a chlorine pool, river or lake than on ocean, sea, or salt water pool! The trick to floating is to relax your muscles like you would for the end of yoga, literally talk yourself through making them limp like your lying on a yoga mat removing the tension but have support under you. The more relaxed you are the better you float. Just don't allow your self to bend in half because then you sink! If it helps move your hands in little circles on the surface...it'll make you feel like you are doing something!

Breathing takes time to learn maybe you need a counting song or rhythm to use in your head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You delinquent you!

Well, did you go to your swimming lesson or watch the match? Don't leave us in suspense! :P

Going to see Avenged Sevenfold in Helsinki today. Will miss our game because of it but I have a feeling it will be worth it.

At least it is for a good cause.

Have fun!

A7X was fucking amazing. I was right in the front row with over 12000 people behind me. :cool:

For me it was the third time seeing them live and they're getting bigger and better each time. First time was in 2008 when they were merely a supporting act for Iron Maiden in their European tour and the second time was in a smallish venue in Helsinki but now they sold out one of the biggest indoor venues in the country almost immediately. Can't wait till they come back here again.

A7X was fucking amazing. I was right in the front row with over 12000 people behind me.

Imagine if you somehow managed to piss them all off and they all decided to charge at you at the same time.... :noexpression:

Glad you had fun and that didn't actually happen! :D:P

A7X was fucking amazing. I was right in the front row with over 12000 people behind me. :cool:

For me it was the third time seeing them live and they're getting bigger and better each time. First time was in 2008 when they were merely a supporting act for Iron Maiden in their European tour and the second time was in a smallish venue in Helsinki but now they sold out one of the biggest indoor venues in the country almost immediately. Can't wait till they come back here again.

I watched them once in 2011 (here in Sao Paulo), they are amazing!

Btw, I have free tickets for Red Hot tonight. I hope they only play their old hits, since I dont know their new songs... :P

Btw, I have free tickets for Red Hot tonight. I hope they only play their old hits, since I dont know their new songs... :P

By The Way IS one of their songs :lol:

Nice. Went to a RHCP show little over a year ago here in Finland and they were great. Where did you get tickets for free? :o

Nice. Went to a RHCP show little over a year ago here in Finland and they were great. Where did you get tickets for free? :o

Well, long story short...My dad's mate got it with his bank manger because Banco do Brasil is the one patrocinating the show! :D

Rain dance Maggie is an awesome song.