Ramires

DavidEU

Thought he was appalling last night, yet Lamps is getting a massive amount of abuse across the forum.

It's one thing to have a loose touch all night and almost get sent off but kicking a player off the ball when we're putting together a decent attack is absolutely boneheaded. Looked tired for the first time ever and needs to get back to his best against Southampton.

Thought he was appalling last night, yet Lamps is getting a massive amount of abuse across the forum.

It's one thing to have a loose touch all night and almost get sent off but kicking a player off the ball when we're putting together a decent attack is absolutely boneheaded. Looked tired for the first time ever and needs to get back to his best against Southampton.

He's all legs. Once he's tired, not very effective.

Not only that but his ball control was horrific.

I was nearly embarrassed for him and that nonsense foul that stopped our attack had me :doh:

I get it that if he's tired his legs stop working... but at some point it seemed to affect his decision making too.

I'd love to rest him against Southampton, then I look at our bench and the options are dreadful. Between benching him and Lampard, I'd go with Lampard, because of the age, but I don't see how we could bench both...

Well, looking at the stats, he's started 17 times, and come on as a substitute on two occasions - that's 19 appearances from a possible 20; and he's only missed 169 minutes of competitive action for us this season. But, again stating my earlier point, what other option do we have but to play him? We have four fit CMs for three positions in the 4-3-3, but with Essien out of the UCL squad, we only have the three! And it's not like we can move Luiz there, due to injury.

My word, 90 minutes of ridiculousness. Bad tackling, horrible touches, fouling for no reason.

Another player that needs a rest, but not likely to get one from Mourinho. He is our best CM, but i'm sure we could have played one or two games with Essien or Luiz in midfield, instead of trying to burn him to the ground.

I really do wonder what's the point of all the depth we have when we only use it in the CC. 10/11 players start every game :lol:

Well, looking at the stats, he's started 17 times, and come on as a substitute on two occasions - that's 19 appearances from a possible 20; and he's only missed 169 minutes of competitive action for us this season. But, again stating my earlier point, what other option do we have but to play him? We have four fit CMs for three positions in the 4-3-3, but with Essien out of the UCL squad, we only have the three! And it's not like we can move Luiz there, due to injury.

Even if Luiz wasn't injured, I doubt Mourinho will play him in midfield given he has said against the idea of doing so previously in one of his press conferences IIRC.

He's getting overused....

This is why you need to rest him... He does the most legwork every game at the highest intensity and you start him every game....

He may have incredible stamina, but Rambo is human as well..