Ramires

DavidEU

Im pretty sure if Real or Barca calls, 99% of players will go.

Especially Brazilians.

Nationality aside I think most from around the world would go since these clubs were big when they were kids.

Lets be honest, no kid in South America(Suriname aside), Continental Europe, or Africa were sitting around in 1996 thinking: "Chelsea? Fuck yeah I want in on that!"

You were either in the area, or you had an immediate connection. You build the international brand. That is why Lukaku is a new type of player here. He grew up watching Drogba, and wanting to be like him at Chelsea. Likewise these 80's babies grew up watching the Barcelona,Madrid clubs. As a club we are on their level. The difference is when these 90's kids, who watched the Abramovich era growing up, become of age that mystique will stay with them.

Nationality aside I think most from around the world would go since these clubs were big when they kids.

Lets be honest, no kid in South America(Suriname aside), Continental Europe, or Africa were sitting around in 1996 thinking: "Chelsea? Fuck yeah I want in on that!"

You were either in the area, or you had an immediate connection. You build the international brand. That is why Lukaku is a new type of player here. He grew up watching Drogba, and wanting to be like him at Chelsea. Likewise these 80's babies grew up watching the Barcelona,Madrid clubs. As a club we are on their level. The difference is when these 90's kids, who watched the Abramovich era growing up, become of age that mystique will stay with them.

hasselbaink was a big factor also

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-signing-lukaku-hasselbaink-my-hero-1827761#.Uoui9ifwWBk

That is so beautiful to me.

That is the final step. When you can have footballers, coming from around the globe, who can look you in the face and say: "I've wanted to play here ever since I kicked a ball"......that is football.

Just like Luiz right? Oh wait, he along with Mourinho turned down the offer and stated he's happy here

Let's see you say this in January or the summer...

Real and Barca dont give up after their first attempt, especially if they want the player..

Bale: took multiple windows to get

Modric: multiple windows to get

Cristiano: multiple windows to get

Cesc: multiple windows to get

Henry; multiple windows to get

Neymar: Chose barca over everyone in europe

Watch as Aguero eventually leaves for Barcelona as well..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9033659/transfer-news-chelsea-midfielder-ramires-unsure-of-real-madrid-and-barcelona-links

Chelsea midfielder Ramires has told the Brazilian media he is in the dark about reports linking him with moves away from Stamford Bridge.

Recent reports have suggested that Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona were lining up moves for the Brazilian international.

However, Ramires insists he knows nothing about the rumours and that he is only focused on doing his best for Chelsea.

"Many people are asking about the supposed interest from other clubs in my football but I don't know anything, apart from what was reported in press," Ramires told Lancenet.

"I am under contract with Chelsea and my attention resides solely in keeping on doing the good job done at the club."

Turning his attentions to Brazil, Ramires is determined to keep his place in Luiz Felipe Scolari's squad with next summer's World Cup finals in mind after featuring in the recent friendlies against Honduras and Chile.

"It's always better to win and thank God I returned home with another fulfilled goal," added Ramires.

"We are in the final stretch for the World Cup so whenever I had the chance to play I try to always do my best so I can assure my place in the squad for this competition, which is the most important one in Brazil's national team history.

"We played our last friendly of the year and now I am focusing again on Chelsea until the next national team call-ups."

I think the lure of Barca may be too great for him. But if the Barca magic starts to fail now that Guardiola has left, well then there's nowhere else to be except Chelsea. Anyway, we wont sell him............why should we? he's irreplacable at present

I think the lure of Barca may be too great for him. But if the Barca magic starts to fail now that Guardiola has left, well then there's nowhere else to be except Chelsea. Anyway, we wont sell him............why should we? he's irreplacable at present

Why would Barca want Rami? I would understand Real, but Barca?! I mean can you imagine Ramires trying to play tiki-taka with his passing ability? That would be hilarious to watch! :lol:

Why would Barca want Rami? I would understand Real, but Barca?! I mean can you imagine Ramires trying to play tiki-taka with his passing ability? That would be hilarious to watch! :lol:

I think they've been actually trying to move away from the exclusively passing game they had employed in the past.

Sorry mate, I'm only responding to the rumour!!!!!!!!!!! But now you ask the question. They might want him exactly because of the way he plays. He would bring something new to them, and with Guardiola gone they may feel they need new options. But I do see what you are saying and tend to agree with you. But how many players have been swayed, and left clubs where they played regularly to sign for big money and so called bigger clubs. ie;- Maschareno

I think they've been actually trying to move away from the exclusively passing game they had employed in the past.

Yeah, but a jump from Xavi and Iniesta to Rami, might be a bit too big of a leap for them!

Sorry mate, I'm only responding to the rumour!!!!!!!!!!! But now you ask the question. They might want him exactly because of the way he plays. He would bring something new to them, and with Guardiola gone they may feel they need new options. But I do see what you are saying and tend to agree with you. But how many players have been swayed, and left clubs where they played regularly to sign for big money and so called bigger clubs. ie;- Maschareno

You're they have been trying to introduce a new style like Robguima said, but Rami is just too different and would struggle to fit in, imo. Would be such a shame if Rami makes the mistake that Mascherano and Song made.

Yeah, but a jump from Xavi and Iniesta to Rami, might be a bit too big of a leap for them!

You're they have been trying to introduce a new style like Robguima said, but Rami is just too different and would struggle to fit in, imo. Would be such a shame if Rami makes the mistake that Mascherano and Song made.

I agree, but we have built our midfield around Ramires (in my opinion)...........My worry is Barca may offer to do the same for him

I agree, but we have built our midfield around Ramires (in my opinion)...........My worry is Barca may offer to do the same for him

Well they'll definitely need to make a lot of changes to make that work. But if it did happen it would be a real blow for us. He's the only CM that fits our current system!

Mourinho: "There is no price for Ramires in the market...but on behalf of Chelsea, there’s no price for a club wanting to buy Ramires" #CFC

Such a bad performance from him yesterday. He could've been sent off like he has been several times before in important matches. I mean, when does he learn? When you get a yellow card, the last thing you should be doing is kicking the opposition players and moaning to the referee.

Sometimes he just does this.