Ramires

DavidEU

You can't just say we're winning/losing because of certain players, of course we have our game-changers, but frankly the great performances this season have been solid and professional from all eleven men on the pitch. Ramires just happens to be on the pitch at that point :lol:

I agree Eldo but even if you look at those games look at how many of those goals were because of Mata. Ramires is not the best technically but i have noticed that his ball keeping skills have improved has anyone else ? I remember when he used to give the ball away every second touch. He covers in defensive area's as well as making runs forward, our midfield no longer looks static like when Ballack was here, he gives us energy !

Ramires' finishing aside, you could see today that he is our most important midfield player and how much we missed him against Wigan. He joins the attacks, drives the midfield forward, works his ass of in defense and starts and usually finishes counter attacks. Just to sort out that finishing and he could become one of the best midfielders in the world.

Last year when he came I wasn't too much optimistic, but he has impressed me very very much so far.

Brazilian answer to Essien? :D

Respect :clap:

Essien and Ramires are different players tbh, the only thing they share is their work-rate.

But yeah, I too wasn't excited when he joined but he's made a big impact. Good for him and now the curse of the Chelsea #7 is gone. Only #9 is left..

If he learns how to finish, and have a better ball control / first touch... He could easely becomes a world class player.

I wonder if he can correct those things, because to me his poor finishing and losing the ball is due to poor decision making and overall lack of football brain.

Love him to bits,had my doubts when he joined but he adapted really fast and now he has it all.He could perhaps work a bit on his finishing but on any other day that one on one would be a easy goal.He still has time to prove himself even though he has proven enough to me to be a regular starter.

If he works on his finishing he could easily be a 25-goals-a-season midfield player.

Fixed it

He already has, what? 6 goals this season? He's missed at least that many clear-cut chances. He could (and should) already be on about 12-13.

I too was not impressed with us signing him but he simply does so much that it's hard to overlook. Still, not the midfielder needed for a possession game but until we get a couple of those he will continue to be our most important midfielder.

Criminal miss yesterday though, his second in a derby after the one at Old Trafford. We can't afford having great chances falling to him in big games.

• 2 weeks later...