Ramires

DavidEU

Do people really expect Essien to be good when he comes back...?

THREE serious knee injuries is basically the end of a footballer's career, at least performing at a top level...

Maybe he'll prove me wrong?

Yes but his presence is still huge in our midfield, he is like Patrick Anderson when he played for Barca. He follows instructions like a robot and he has a good awareness of what is around him. He can switch the play quickly and he is terrific in terms of positional play, even if he is at 80% he is our best midfielder next to Lampard. You could stick Essien on Modric tomorrow and he will cut him out the game and that is something you don't lose no matter how many injuries, his ability to identify danger zones is incredible. Villas Boas will be over the moon when he gets him back because he is a solid player who works very well with Lamps. Yes last season he was not playing that well mainly because Carlo was using a diamond formation which Micheal has never used, Lamps did not take to it like a duck to water either.

Essien was shocking last year but lets not forget what he brought to the party before last year.

At times his mere prescence use to inspire the rest of the team (especially Mikel).

Agree with that.. but I have my doubts whether he can be even 20% of the player he used to be. 3 injuries in 4 years is just horrific. We shouldn't just depend on him thinking "oh all is okay essien is still to come back!" give him some time, if nothing has improved by the end of the season, let him go.

Essien was shocking last year but lets not forget what he brought to the party before last year.

At times his mere prescence use to inspire the rest of the team (especially Mikel).

TBF, everyone was quite shocking last year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm home for the holidays and I was watching a Ramires video on youtube. My younger brother (who thinks he's ghetto when he clearly isn't) doesn't follow football but peeked over my shoulder and casually said, "damn, that nigga* fast."

*nigga isn't offensive among youth in the USA.

I only realised last night how integral this boy is to our team. That is coming from a massive fan of the player. I think a lot of other Chelsea fans will stand up and take notice of his qualities even more, now. Goalscorer and driving force of the team.

I only realised last night how integral this boy is to our team. That is coming from a massive fan of the player. I think a lot of other Chelsea fans will stand up and take notice of his qualities even more, now. Goalscorer and driving force of the team.

Yesterday we saw why i rate Ramires as our Player of the Season, his midfield play is vital for us. Our midfield is way to static with Lampard - Romeu - Meireles

I personally want to meet every hater who wrote him off this time last year and stick humble pie down their throat.

Looking at our next team the first key players already seem to be emerging Luiz, Romeu, Ramires, Danny, Mata. Vital we keep all them fit this season.