Ramires

DavidEU

He got the ball but then he left his foot in so you can understand the card, not as bad as some were making it out to be, not like he came in two footed. Felt the ref was really inconsistent in the way he was handing out cards though I don't know what half of them were for.

the pundits agreed with you

I'm not having that. Everyone who played tonight deserved to win that fucking trophy. Hes not a DM, hes a box-to-box player but against a team that passes the ball very well for 70 or 80% of the game in your half hes a DM. If anyone has to get a bit of stick for the Ribery goal, I'm gonna have to say Cech looked like he could have done better, he won't be pleased but he's made so many MASSIVE saves in big European games so it doesn't matter. Even tonight he made some cracking saves.

ribery got the corner. you cant blame cech for it.he could have made the stop but it would have been an AMAZING stop. so cech is not to be blamed (at all) or atleast majorly for the goal.

ramires could not have let ribery run at the defence and take a shot like that so easily. ribery was god's sake. i mean a DM has to know his responsibilty and i am sure one of the main things jose would have told lamps and rambo to do was to close both the wingers down quickly. it was not like this was ribery's first half shot. in that he got laid off and it was a first touch shot, here rambo let him cut in and run, which is unaccpetable.

ribery got the corner. you cant blame cech for it.he could have made the stop but it would have been an AMAZING stop. so cech is not to be blamed (at all) or atleast majorly for the goal.

ramires could not have let ribery run at the defence and take a shot like that so easily. ribery was god's sake. i mean a DM has to know his responsibilty and i am sure one of the main things jose would have told lamps and rambo to do was to close both the wingers down quickly. it was not like this was ribery's first half shot. in that he got laid off and it was a first touch shot, here rambo let him cut in and run, which is unaccpetable.

Cahill could have went out to him as well then if we are being picky. I feel Cech could have saved that.

Cahill could have went out to him as well then if we are being picky. I feel Cech could have saved that.

i dont know if mandzukic and muller were in the box, will have to see it again. but i am not being "picky" here.

ribery cut in, took a couple of touches, unchallenged , shot and scored with rambo barely yards away. a DM whose main defensive job would have been stop that. kroos, muller, i can understand. but not to pick on ribery. as i said before unacceptable for me.

also PICKY, no way.

i dont know if mandzukic and muller were in the box, will have to see it again. but i am not being "picky" here.

ribery cut in, took a couple of touches, unchallenged , shot and scored with rambo barely yards away. a DM whose main defensive job would have been stop that. kroos, muller, i can understand. but not to pick on ribery. as i said before unacceptable for me.

also PICKY, no way.

On a few more viewings I change my mind a bit and agree with you that Ramires could have done better. Cahill and Ramires positioning isn't great. Ramires gets sucked into the ball too easily. If both of them where slightly further to the left then 1) Ramires could have tackled Ribery or he wouldn't have seen the space to run into an 2) Cahill would be in a better position to come and close him down if he did.

ribery_goal_1.png

It was never a 2nd yellow for me just never. He was always getting to the ball first, and sorry but how can he help where he lands? He was running straight to the ball it's a fucking accident, oh what players have to dive out the way once they win the ball now?

How anyone can agree with this crap it's fucking ridiculous, look at it from Ramires's perspective how the fuck can he move out the way of it? He has every right to go for that ball as he was first to it, so how the fuck can he help running into him?. What a stupid decision, European referees are the worst, they're stricter than Singapore.

It was never a 2nd yellow for me just never. He was always getting to the ball first, and sorry but how can he help where he lands? He was running straight to the ball it's a fucking accident, oh what players have to dive out the way once they win the ball now?

How anyone can agree with this crap it's fucking ridiculous, look at it from Ramires's perspective how the fuck can he move out the way of it? He has every right to go for that ball as he was first to it, so how the fuck can he help running into him?. What a stupid decision, European referees are the worst, they're stricter than Singapore.

agree ...he got to the ball first didnt fly in recklessly so no way a foul even

Exactly, what baffles me is how so many people on this forum are saying he deserved it. He couldn't help show his studs as they where running right at each other, such a stupid decision from the referee, because it wasn't even a bloody foul.

And especially when the commentator never said it was a foul yet people are saying it was justified, I think everyones high as a kite tonight, probably explains the Lukaku thread.

Exactly, what baffles me is how so many people on this forum are saying he deserved it. He couldn't help show his studs as they where running right at each other, such a stupid decision from the referee, because it wasn't even a bloody foul.

And especially when the commentator never said it was a foul yet people are saying it was justified, I think everyones high as a kite tonight, probably explains the Lukaku thread.

dont go to the match thread ,,, :D

Poor performance once again and let Ribery cut in twice and shoot, one being a goal. As a DM he should be more focused and determined his his defensive duties. This has been happening to often for Ramires and plus the fact he makes clumsy challenges make him a liability. Second card objectively was definitely a yellow and the ref was right, he carried the tackle into the leg and is a dangerous challenge especially when you're already on a yellow.

Unless he shows improvement we should look a proper DM that will owned that role.

It's a tough one because one side he did catch Goetze with his studs up and on the other he did get the ball first and his momentum was always going to carry him through Goetze. It goes either way for me, but I think I have to agree with Jose, in such a great match and European final, if you love football you don't kill the game like that.

Poor performance once again and let Ribery cut in twice and shoot, one being a goal. As a DM he should be more focused and determined his his defensive duties. This has been happening to often for Ramires and plus the fact he makes clumsy challenges make him a liability. Second card objectively was definitely a yellow and the ref was right, he carried the tackle into the leg and is a dangerous challenge especially when you're already on a yellow.

Unless he shows improvement we should look a proper DM that will owned that role.

that rodent Ribery was almost unplayable in the first half ,,,but we handled him much better in the second ...thought Ramires was by no means disgraced

The greeting Rammy got when he came off the pitch from Mourinho told you all you need to know ,he is our 1st choice DM now ,it even took Makelele a long time to fully understand his role and he will be great in this position for us ,this is where he will play and it will not be as static as we have been used to ,he will still break from this role when it is on ,he will attempt to win the ball higher up the pitch and he has the speed to recover his position.

He didn't have a good game but he did have his work cut out for him. As Zolayes said Ribery was almost unplayable that night, he couldn't be stopped in the first half, however the work rate wasn't good enough. I expected more form Ramires and Schurrle to come back and help with Ivanovic. However Schurrle did have his hands full with Alaba, but Ramires was the one who was leaving Ivanovic one on one with Ribery.

Not a good game from him but it doesn't matter, we will move on and these sort of things don't affect Ramires, he will probably be man of the match next game.