Ramires

DavidEU

He did well today, but I don't like him next to Lampard, tbh. It limits him and he can't do what he does best that is being a box-to-box midfielder.

Rally should start Van Ginkel and Lampard together. Ramires can go with Mikel.

Well none of that really has anything to do with the point we were discussing (not that I agree with any of it). You said that Ramires can still play as a box-to-box next to Lampard who makes forward runs which nonsense as is evident by the maps above.

The Ramires, Lampard combination will interchange one will sit and one can go ,you will see this with these two and in a Mourinho team ,as opposed to when Mikel is playing where everybody knows he will just sit (inc the opposition) the interchanging of positions is key and will be in this team.

I see you do not want to discuss the Ramires pass to Torres for the pen. that is fine as Mourinho's team selection tells us how he is thinking. Ramires will get forward at times and Lampard will sit as they both have the ability to do this ,Mikel has no ability to get forward as your maps will show and will not include a pass like Ramires/Torres for the pen yesterday from that deeper role. What one of your maps shows Mikel in the stands yesterday? :D:D:D

The Ramires, Lampard combination will interchange one will sit and one can go ,you will see this with these two and in a Mourinho team ,as opposed to when Mikel is playing where everybody knows he will just sit (inc the opposition) the interchanging of positions is key and will be in this team.

I see you do not want to discuss the Ramires pass to Torres for the pen. that is fine as Mourinho's team selection tells us how he is thinking. Ramires will get forward at times and Lampard will sit as they both have the ability to do this ,Mikel has no ability to get forward as your maps will show and will not include a pass like Ramires/Torres for the pen yesterday from that deeper role. What one of your maps shows Mikel in the stands yesterday? :D:D:D

No, they won't interchange roles. Lampard will almost never drop deep to receive the ball from the CBs, that is Ramires' job while Frank will barely get a touch or two in the build-up but instead will be in a more advanced area waiting to make a run into or around the box. While when Ramires plays next to Mikel, Essien or MVG, he has the license to go forward and join the attacks and use his pace to make runs into the box. That is when Rami is at his best which is why I originally said I don' like Rami to partner Lampard.

If they interchanged roles they'd have very similar action areas maps, but they don't. It is clear that Rami was sitting deeper than Lampard who made more forward runs. How many of his trademark runs did you see Rami make into the box yesterday? Zero, because he was playing deeper.

Rally should start Van Ginkel and Lampard together. Ramires can go with Mikel.

Agree. I think that Rami works best with Mikel next to him as well and I also think Lamps with MVG will work too.

Agree. I think that Rami works best with Mikel next to him as well and I also think Lamps with MVG will work too.

The signs are that Mourinho doesnt agree and Mikel will not be working as well with anyone as his first choice was Lampard/Ramires those are the stats you should be looking at .

What crimes has Ramires committed to suffer such a harsh punishment?

I wouldn't wish that even to my enemies.

What? Mikel can stay back so Ramires cam go forward more, with Lampard he can't because Lampard himself wants to come forward all the time. And I know Mikel is shit but it is just tactical sense.

I think the amount of times he got taken out yesterday was a joke. The tackle where he got totally taken out and almost stood on his head was a red :(

There is no point in all this technology if the ref are going to continue to cheat and engineer results. It always has astounded that players, staff, manager everyone can get fined and banned etc but these refs get away with everything. They constantly engineer results, they cause injuries as they let it go and let it go and them someone gets hurt. They cause points and trophies to be lost and some teams to get relegated and even the most obvious and shocking decisions they are never called up on it. I really thought that push on Ivan was another penalty. It doesn't matter if you have given ten already the rules are the rules.

This silly new thing with Sky having this huge tv on while they interview they should drag the red out and say what were you doing here? The mans head is hanging off yet you deemed it not a penalty??

What an incredible player we have, superb engine, under-rated finisher and his technical ability is getting better by the day, it will never be up there with the best, but that isn't his job so it doesn't matter.

He will be our most important player this season, we can rotate the 6 behind the forward depending on who we are playing, but whenever Rami is out, we will feel his loss.

He will get even better under Mourinho. What i do hope is Jose starts working on aspects of his game other than pace, because that won't be around forever and if he carries on relying on that, his decline when his pace does go (or god for bid gets a nasty injury) will be steeper than Essien's.

Have to say some of the passes he made against Hull was brilliant. Executed quite a number of great ones, be it short or long passes, and that was something we have hardly seen from him in the past. Hope he keeps it up!

Have to say some of the passes he made against Hull was brilliant. Executed quite a number of great ones, be it short or long passes, and that was something we have hardly seen from him in the past. Hope he keeps it up!

Exactly he was my MOTM vs Hull.

This guy is impressive.

We often expect young players to work on their weaknesses and improve as a whole. We expect Lukaku to improve his overall technique, we expect Luiz to become more consistent, we expect mikel to start having more of an impact on a game, we expect hazard to contribute defensively and so on and so forth...

However almost noone expected Rami to get so much better every season. He has become more versatile every year even though, at first, we thought he was a very "one dimensional" player.

The guy just delivers great performances on a consistent basis.

I think his attitude on the pitch says it all, he must be one of the most hard working players in training and I just love the fact that he is playing for Chelsea.

I feel Moses could surprise us in the same way, I really liked his attitude in pre season and the way he never gives up on working for the team is very reminescent of Rami's.

Bottom line is those guys might not have the same learning curve and such a high ceiling as players like Mata, Hazard, Oscar and KDB but still if they can keep on doin'it the Rami way they could very much be instrumental to the club's sucess in the future. With the club being more of a "meritocracy" with jose back, it could only

mean more motivation for the hard working players to break into the first XI.