Ramires

DavidEU

He can / will never be described as a world-class midfielder and the same can be said about mikel , because each of them are good at things , average at others and poor at some while they excel at nothing !!!

Ramires was all his electrifying pace and drive , isn't a super solid tackler nor an interceptor , his passing game is poor ( i know most won't admit it but it's poor ) , his touch is heavy and his shot is hardly a hit and miss ..... none of this is a world class quality .

More importantly both Ramires and Mikel lack the intelligence to make it to the level of lamps , xavi , scholes , essien , vierra , etc..

I will leave to your misguided views... there are none so blind as those who don't want to see.

More importantly both Ramires and Mikel lack the intelligence to make it to the level of lamps , xavi , scholes , essien , vierra , etc..

Players like Xavi and Lampard don't grow on trees. You should understand that Ramires/Mikel also has skills that Xavi or Scholes don't posses. Just my two cents.

I'm glad Mikel and Ramires aren't like Scholes, they would be catastrophic at defending :mellow: But talking about level not ability, then players BLionheart mentioned are/were exceptional... all of our players can't be legendary, but just decent in their duties on the pitch, and Mikel and Ramires both are imho. And Ramires still has time to get to the level of Essien, the bison wasn't a hit instantly either.

Love how criticism to our players is always rubbished and criticizer is always described as an ignorant person who will learn in the future :D

Whether you like it or not Mikel and Ramires are two very average midfielders and my point will be proved when essien is back from injury as Essien even at his worst is better than both at their best.

But that doesn't neglect the fact that i still appreciate ramires's contributions so far .

I'm glad Mikel and Ramires aren't like Scholes, they would be catastrophic at defending :mellow: But talking about level not ability, then players BLionheart mentioned are/were exceptional... all of our players can't be legendary, but just decent in their duties on the pitch, and Mikel and Ramires both are imho.

That is absolutely true , in a strong 3 man midfield you don't need 3 exceptional / legendary players ... you need at least one legendary player , one world class player and a decent third one .

can you please tell me how do lampard , Miereles , mikel and ramires fit through this formula ??!!

My point is we can live with only one "decent" midfielder but with three "decent" midfielders our 3 man midfield will never look half decent IMO .

You dont consider lamps legendary? Fair enough hes not at his absolute best. But that is your formula. Where do you suggest we get legendary and world class players? I think ramires can become one in the future, it's too early to say but josh is promising and we tried our best to get modric, it didnt work out. I think youre underestimating our players or simply expecting too much. You got to admit they are hardly mediocre players are they? We have our weaknesses but i think we're doing the best we can do deal with them atm and ramires is hardly a weakness currently don't you think?

last Sunday he was up against Rodwell who we are told is better now than Lampard ,,,Did anyone notice Rodwell in that game?

Nope...To be honest, I keep hearing about a new opinion from the commentators on what position the guy is supposed to play in. I hope he doesn't turn into one of those wasted utility players

I'm glad Mikel and Ramires aren't like Scholes, they would be catastrophic at defending :mellow: But talking about level not ability, then players BLionheart mentioned are/were exceptional... all of our players can't be legendary, but just decent in their duties on the pitch, and Mikel and Ramires both are imho. And Ramires still has time to get to the level of Essien, the bison wasn't a hit instantly either.

No, he won't because he's not the same kind of player...

Then again I don't see why he has to

That is absolutely true , in a strong 3 man midfield you don't need 3 exceptional / legendary players ... you need at least one legendary player , one world class player and a decent third one .

can you please tell me how do lampard , Miereles , mikel and ramires fit through this formula ??!!

My point is we can live with only one "decent" midfielder but with three "decent" midfielders our 3 man midfield will never look half decent IMO .

Sorry if I'm wrong but it sounds to me like you're saying we need a Xavi, Iniesta and a Sergios Busquets type model for our midfield...

I think we just need a midfield that works...one that has all the necessary tools in it such as creating chances, scoring goals, keeping possession, passing quickly, pressurizing the opposition and winning the ball back....

Sorry if I'm wrong but it sounds to me like you're saying we need a Xavi, Iniesta and a Sergios Busquets type model for our midfield...

I think we just need a midfield that works...one that has all the necessary tools in it such as creating chances, scoring goals, keeping possession, passing quickly, pressurizing the opposition and winning the ball back....

exactly, well said. It just needs to work whoever the individuals are.

:huh: what are you talking about dude ? So what is a ''legend'' going to do for us ? Legends are usually past their best by the time they BECOME LEGENDS. Man utd don't even have one world class Midfielder and they don't even have one legend either and they have won more in the last few years then us. You just watch Barcelona and you just :wank2: over their midfield WELL NEWSFLASH, DUDE WHAT THEY HAVE IS SPECIAL AND FOR US TO REPLICATE IT WOULD BE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

Love how criticism to our players is always rubbished and criticizer is always described as an ignorant person who will learn in the future :D

Whether you like it or not Mikel and Ramires are two very average midfielders and my point will be proved when essien is back from injury as Essien even at his worst is better than both at their best.

But that doesn't neglect the fact that i still appreciate ramires's contributions so far .

What we love more is how arrogant you are, but thats maybe because you lack the inteligence to make it to the level of AVB, JM or Pep.

Mikel is an average midfielder. He'll make mistakes but he'll get the job done in the centre of midfield.

Ramires has the ability to become a great midfielder for Chelsea and Brazil in the future. He has shown big signs of improvement this season, and hopefully he only gets better season by season.

As for Essien, he was an outstanding midfielder at his best & I doubt you'll find another midfielder like him..so it's rather unfair that you're trying to compare Essien to Ramires/Mikel.

:huh: what are you talking about dude ? So what is a ''legend'' going to do for us ? Legends are usually past their best by the time they BECOME LEGENDS. Man utd don't even have one world class Midfielder and they don't even have one legend either and they have won more in the last few years then us. You just watch Barcelona and you just :wank2: over their midfield WELL NEWSFLASH, DUDE WHAT THEY HAVE IS SPECIAL AND FOR US TO REPLICATE IT WOULD BE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

Absolutely agree.

Man Utd have Carrick; Fletcher; Anderson; Cleverley & Giggs in their midfield. None of them are really 'world-class'...but they stick to their tasks, create oppurtunities for Rooney & Co..and they usually get the result they want.

I think it'll be near impossible for any club side to 'replicate' what the current Barcelona midfield & attack have at the moment.

I don't really care who AvB selects in his three-man midfield..as long as they do their jobs & put in 100% effort, we should win the majority of our matches :D

Don't know how anyone can claim Ramires is an average player when he consistently makes an impact at a club like Chelsea. I can sort of understand criticisms against Mikel since I agree that he can be more influential, but Ramires? He leads our counterattack, he connects the gap on the right-hand side between Sturridge and Bosingwa who don't understand each other very well, and he scores some amazing goals and tries so hard to score them, too.

Besides, because he's so nimble and quick he can usually retrieve possession after a poor touch. I don't see how that can be such a big deal.

Also, like Blue Armour's mentioned before, we don't need the type of midfielders Barcelona have as long as the players understand each other well. In fact, I don't really get how people nowadays think the Barcelona way is the way to play, and it's a dangerous thought, too. Once everyone starts copying Barcelona, football gets boring as fuck.

That is absolutely true , in a strong 3 man midfield you don't need 3 exceptional / legendary players ... you need at least one legendary player , one world class player and a decent third one . can you please tell me how do lampard , Miereles , mikel and ramires fit through this formula ??!! My point is we can live with only one "decent" midfielder but with three "decent" midfielders our 3 man midfield will never look half decent IMO .

If you became a manager,you would be like kalou.. :P

We are in a good phase and i am not surprised that most of you think that Mikel , Ramires , Miereles and Lampard are good enough options to make a world-class midfield .. i am not saying they are bad either but they will never give you an advantage against an opponents midfield .

And btw Man utd are the only big team that has a worse midfield than us and they make up for that by having two very good Left and right midfielders in Young and Nani , also rooney dropping back as a no. 10 helps a lot but that doesn't save them all the time as if you watch any of man utd's big games you will notice how they are never able to penetrate through midfield and they mainly have one strategy of getting the ball through the wings to Nani or Young .

But Barca , Real , Man City , even tottenham have more creative midfielders than us , and McEacheran can hardly count btw .

One other thing i would like to clarify is that by legendary i was refering to an earlier post that called Xavi and iniesta legendary by that i meant a legend in his prime like Lampard but 3 or 4 years ago , an i am not hoping for a barca esque midfield but more of our old days of :

(Makalele - Essien - Lamps or Essien - Ballack - Lamps ) as this midfield is more solid , with more urgency and much more creativity IMO