Followers 2

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice shot of that sublime chip.  

Definitely think we're a better team with Ramires in the side. His desire and effort is absolutely infectious. Seeing a player give his all is the fastest way into the hearts of supporters. He also se

I would say he is UNDER RATED by you

Posted Images

A very good player but he is very overrated by our fans !! may be that's because the lack of any decent options in midfield .

I know he has been our best midfielder so far but i will never be able to make peace with a midfielder with that kind of a poor touch.

• Like 2

A very good player but he is very overrated by our fans !! may be that's because the lack of any decent options in midfield .

I know he has been our best midfielder so far but i will never be able to make peace with a midfielder with that kind of a poor touch.

I think what is generally perceived as poor touch is mostly because of the breakneck pace at which he plays. His control over the ball is pretty decent actually.

What's funny is that you have Ramires on your avatar, from those nike pics.

Fair comment.

He is improving though. His technique can easily be improved, as he's still on the up.

What's funny is that you have Ramires on your avatar, from those nike pics.

I love his work rate and overall game but that doesn't neglect the fact that he should be a sub for a more technically gifted player ( Modric - Gotze ) .

I would say he is UNDER RATED by you

He can / will never be described as a world-class midfielder and the same can be said about mikel , because each of them are good at things , average at others and poor at some while they excel at nothing !!!

Ramires was all his electrifying pace and drive , isn't a super solid tackler nor an interceptor , his passing game is poor ( i know most won't admit it but it's poor ) , his touch is heavy and his shot is hardly a hit and miss ..... none of this is a world class quality .

More importantly both Ramires and Mikel lack the intelligence to make it to the level of lamps , xavi , scholes , essien , vierra , etc..

• Like 2

He can / will never be described as a world-class midfielder and the same can be said about mikel , because each of them are good at things , average at others and poor at some while they excel at nothing !!!

Ramires was all his electrifying pace and drive , isn't a super solid tackler nor an interceptor , his passing game is poor ( i know most won't admit it but it's poor ) , his touch is heavy and his shot is hardly a hit and miss ..... none of this is a world class quality .

More importantly both Ramires and Mikel lack the intelligence to make it to the level of lamps , xavi , scholes , essien , vierra , etc..

I will leave to your misguided views... there are none so blind as those who don't want to see.

• Like 1

Players like Xavi and Lampard don't grow on trees. You should understand that Ramires/Mikel also has skills that Xavi or Scholes don't posses. Just my two cents.

• Like 2

I'm glad Mikel and Ramires aren't like Scholes, they would be catastrophic at defending :mellow: But talking about level not ability, then players BLionheart mentioned are/were exceptional... all of our players can't be legendary, but just decent in their duties on the pitch, and Mikel and Ramires both are imho. And Ramires still has time to get to the level of Essien, the bison wasn't a hit instantly either.

Love how criticism to our players is always rubbished and criticizer is always described as an ignorant person who will learn in the future :D

Whether you like it or not Mikel and Ramires are two very average midfielders and my point will be proved when essien is back from injury as Essien even at his worst is better than both at their best.

But that doesn't neglect the fact that i still appreciate ramires's contributions so far .

• Like 1

I'm glad Mikel and Ramires aren't like Scholes, they would be catastrophic at defending :mellow: But talking about level not ability, then players BLionheart mentioned are/were exceptional... all of our players can't be legendary, but just decent in their duties on the pitch, and Mikel and Ramires both are imho.

That is absolutely true , in a strong 3 man midfield you don't need 3 exceptional / legendary players ... you need at least one legendary player , one world class player and a decent third one .

can you please tell me how do lampard , Miereles , mikel and ramires fit through this formula ??!!

My point is we can live with only one "decent" midfielder but with three "decent" midfielders our 3 man midfield will never look half decent IMO .

You dont consider lamps legendary? Fair enough hes not at his absolute best. But that is your formula. Where do you suggest we get legendary and world class players? I think ramires can become one in the future, it's too early to say but josh is promising and we tried our best to get modric, it didnt work out. I think youre underestimating our players or simply expecting too much. You got to admit they are hardly mediocre players are they? We have our weaknesses but i think we're doing the best we can do deal with them atm and ramires is hardly a weakness currently don't you think?

last Sunday he was up against Rodwell who we are told is better now than Lampard ,,,Did anyone notice Rodwell in that game?

Nope...To be honest, I keep hearing about a new opinion from the commentators on what position the guy is supposed to play in. I hope he doesn't turn into one of those wasted utility players

I'm glad Mikel and Ramires aren't like Scholes, they would be catastrophic at defending :mellow: But talking about level not ability, then players BLionheart mentioned are/were exceptional... all of our players can't be legendary, but just decent in their duties on the pitch, and Mikel and Ramires both are imho. And Ramires still has time to get to the level of Essien, the bison wasn't a hit instantly either.

No, he won't because he's not the same kind of player...

Then again I don't see why he has to

That is absolutely true , in a strong 3 man midfield you don't need 3 exceptional / legendary players ... you need at least one legendary player , one world class player and a decent third one .

can you please tell me how do lampard , Miereles , mikel and ramires fit through this formula ??!!

My point is we can live with only one "decent" midfielder but with three "decent" midfielders our 3 man midfield will never look half decent IMO .

Sorry if I'm wrong but it sounds to me like you're saying we need a Xavi, Iniesta and a Sergios Busquets type model for our midfield...

I think we just need a midfield that works...one that has all the necessary tools in it such as creating chances, scoring goals, keeping possession, passing quickly, pressurizing the opposition and winning the ball back....

• Like 1