Ramires

DavidEU

Surely we'll miss him on 19 May 2012 , but i think Sturridge , even if he's not a playing every time must start the final , we'll need his speed , against Bruno or Van Buyten , he could be the 'key' in this match , of course he must play with the team and defend more , but I think he knows that and in a final of Champions League , its better to start him than Malouda.

Ramires is surely one of the potential player of the year , he was decisive in big games such a number of time , and his Barcelona goal was just pure class and pure magic, the REAL ramires !

Surely we'll miss him on 19 May 2012 , but i think Sturridge , even if he's not a playing every time must start the final , we'll need his speed , against Bruno or Van Buyten , he could be the 'key' in this match , of course he must play with the team and defend more , but I think he knows that and in a final of Champions League , its better to start him than Malouda.

Ramires is surely one of the potential player of the year , he was decisive in big games such a number of time , and his Barcelona goal was just pure class and pure magic, the REAL ramires !

Even Drogba at his age is miles quicker than van Buyten. Sturridge's largest asset is one that's unnecessary because there's already loads of players that can shit on van Buyten in a sprint.

Which brings us down to his weakness: defending, and boy, will we need a lot of that if we are to win this trophy.

He could easily become a 20 goal midfielder if he improved his shooting. Remember, he doesn't take penalties or free-kicks, so he has more open play goals this season than Lamps (probably). In fact he has more goals than Torres and the same amount as Drogba and Mata (I don't remember if Drogs scored any fks or pks). I feel he's just going to improve in terms of goals scored, if he refines his finishing and shooting some more.

Banned Ramires: 'I didn't realise I was booked but hope my vibe will inspire Chelsea in Champions League final'

But there is also a vivid description of what he will be like as a spectator against Bayern Munich, one of four suspended Chelsea players, come next Saturday.

“Your heart is out on your hand,” the 25 year-old says of his previous experience of watching, rather than playing. “I cannot stand still. I feel so, so nervous. I will kick the chair, I will walk up and down. I can’t sit down for a minute. My wife cannot sit beside me because I don’t even really want to watch the game. I feel out of my mind. There’s nothing I can do.”

But there is something else, also. “Even though I feel so nervous and so agitated the way I feel is also so positive. I want to help my team-mates out on the pitch. I want to pass my energy to them to help them carry on."

“It’s going to be hard to watch the final but if it’s going to depend on my vibe, my positivity then we are going to win easily. I will be the biggest fan in the world.”

Moar --> http://www.telegraph...ague-final.html

He would be the player to mess with Bayerns tactics. They wouldn´t be able to cope with his pace, he´d simply overrun their midfield and trouble their fullbacks. Such a shame that his missing that out. But i think it is fair to say that without him we wouldn´t be anywhere near where we now are. He really got us going or at least tried something going forward when there was absoloutly nothing going on.

I am glad we have him. We´ve been really missing someone like him since Essien is more of a pedestrian type of player.

In 2010 he was extremely hated by a large number of our fans, yet the guy always worked extremely hard on the pitch despite losing the ball a lot...

No doubt he is probably our player of the season along with Mata and Ivanovic.... we will miss him but sitting here miserably thinking "what if" he was playing the final is not gona get us anywhere..

I believe the team will do it without him.... we'll win it!

Ramires left out of Brazil squad for upcoming friendlies in build-up to the Olympics!! Hopefully he'll make it when they announce the final 23-man squad.

Luiz is named though.

I don't think he has a place in the Brazilian team, and if he does make the 23-man squad i would surprised if he makes any meaningful appearance.

I don't even know where he would play.