Ramires

DavidEU

He did a decent job. We were getting overrun in midfield and he was a good extra body to throw in there. He's always been capable of being a good player but his problem is consistency and I don't see how 90 45 good minutes changes that.

Not sure why Matic is being brought up but as he is it should be noted that he was absolutely remarkable in every regard and probably will be next game too....Ramires, well it's a coin toss.

So haters. Where are u now????

I'm no hater but I often mentioned how good he is when a team attack us and bad when a team Park the bus.

Against city, arsenal, United Liverpool and such he will be vital for us.

Against West brom, West ham and such, he is not needed.

Jose post match: "Ramires is important, but Ramires is injured. He has been injured for a long time and I was trying to protect him today but I couldn't because I needed his intensity and his runs into space and I needed him in 1on1s."

I'm no hater but I often mentioned how good he is when a team attack us and bad when a team Park the bus.

Against city, arsenal, United Liverpool and such he will be vital for us.

Against West brom, West ham and such, he is not needed.

He has limitations. Anyone who watchea footbqll cqn and should know thqt. But the amonut of ridicule he was getting hwre wqs Pathetic.SPECIALLY for a player who deapite his limitations has done some legendary stuff forus. This was the same player who was IMMENSE for uUS in the fieat 3 months. The bare minimum he ahould get is some reapect and support.

I desperately have to believe that the fatigue was responsible for his latest poor performances. Because Rami on form is a must have for Chelsea.

Fatigue does not exist for Ramires. He is the Brazilian version of Mo Farah.

Awkward?

How exactly? That Ramires simply running and offering energy was enough to warrant plaudits from many highlights just how low expectations are for him, a CM. Even in his best match in weeks he couldn't cross for toffee, hitting the first man when attempting to do so and once more he demonstrated his limited technical abilities with his usual poor passing. If someone compiled all his actions into one video, you'll see it. He offered more in this game than he has done recently and played well (for his recent standards), but I stand by my original point in that his limitations will mean he'll cost us more points than he will gain for us over the course of the season.

69% pass completion for him last night. Ivanovic and Schurrle had lower, but compared to Lampard (89%) he was shocking. Technically he's inconsistent at best and been dining off that goal against Barca for the last two years. I just don't know if you can afford to play him in a team with our aspirations if you want to keep the ball, rather than chasing it. Because he can chase a ball like no other, but once he gets it then you don't really know what you're going to get.

69% pass completion for him last night. Ivanovic and Schurrle had lower, but compared to Lampard (89%) he was shocking. Technically he's inconsistent at best and been dining off that goal against Barca for the last two years. I just don't know if you can afford to play him in a team with our aspirations if you want to keep the ball, rather than chasing it. Because he can chase a ball like no other, but once he gets it then you don't really know what you're going to get.

But we're not a team that wants possession so Ramires is perfect for Mourinho. We had 42% of the ball last night which is what the manager wants. Mourinho’s main tactic essentially amounts to conceding possession, pressing the opponent and counter-attacking at the speed of light. I agree with the belief that Ramires wouldn’t make sense in a team that keeps the ball and plays an accurate possession game but we don’t do any of that.

As silly as it sounds Mourinho’s tactics require a player(s) that is wasteful in possession. You can’t counter-attack if you have the lion’s share of possession.

But we're not a team that wants possession so Ramires is perfect for Mourinho. We had 42% of the ball last night which is what the manager wants. Mourinho’s main tactic essentially amounts to conceding possession, pressing the opponent and counter-attacking at the speed of light. I agree with the belief that Ramires wouldn’t make sense in a team that keeps the ball and plays an accurate possession game but we don’t do any of that.

As silly as it sounds Mourinho’s tactics require a player(s) that is wasteful in possession. You can’t counter-attack if you have the lion’s share of possession.

I disagree with that entirely. Why did he buy Matic if he didn't want us to be able to control the play? Why did he rely on players like Alonso at Madrid?

It isn't about letting the team attack you so you can hit them, but maximising the chances that you get when they do open up.