Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

Think Mourinho will be the ultimate Trump card as far as ths kid goes. He's made it clear he likes the kid and wants him, so even if another club moves for him I don't think he's going anywhere. Unless Madrid offers him huge money or something.

While Mourinho's comments will be great for Traore I think the trump card is how the club have taken care of him over the last 3 years. Even now, when he isn't officially a Chelsea player, he's out on tour with the team playing games. I have no doubt he stays and signs a deal even if offers come from all the big European clubs.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't they just let him sign at a smaller club in a different country with different rules, with a chelsea specific buy out clause? First I was thinking about Vitesse but I'm not sure if non European players can sign contracts there before turning 18. They do have to get a salary that is at least 75% (only 150% if older than 20) of the average player of the Eredivisie, but that shouldn't really be a problem.

Why don't they just let him sign at a smaller club in a different country with different rules, with a chelsea specific buy out clause? First I was thinking about Vitesse but I'm not sure if non European players can sign contracts there before turning 18. They do have to get a salary that is at least 75% (only 150% if older than 20) of the average player of the Eredivisie, but that shouldn't really be a problem.

Why pay for a player when you can get him for free? He is allowed to sign a deal with Chelsea when he's 18 even without a work permit. No work permit just means he wouldn't be allowed to play for Chelsea, its youth teams or any other British club, but he can go out on loan until his work permit situation clears up.

He is already an international for Burkina Faso, and Mourinho said they have a guarantee from his national team that he'll keep getting called up, so it won't be long until he qualifies for a work permit as a special talent.

Why pay for a player when you can get him for free? He is allowed to sign a deal with Chelsea when he's 18 even without a work permit. No work permit just means he wouldn't be allowed to play for Chelsea, its youth teams or any other British club, but he can go out on loan until his work permit situation clears up.

He is already an international for Burkina Faso, and Mourinho said they have a guarantee from his national team that he'll keep getting called up, so it won't be long until he qualifies for a work permit as a special talent.

He can play in a first team and develop. He clearly outgrew youth and reserve teams.

You're sure nobody else takes him from you.

He can play in a first team and develop. He clearly outgrew youth and reserve teams.

I'm 99.9% sure he signs a contract in September and heads out on loan if he can't get a work permit. If he does get a work permit then hopefully he gets some minutes with the first team, but I think he'll play for the U21 in the League and NextGent series/Uefa U19 Champions League etc. You have to remember he hasn't been allowed to play those competitions for the last 2-3 years. Staying would benefit him just as much as going out on loan.

He turns 18 in September. Then he can sign a contract with the club and we can make sure that no one else is going to "steal" him. He probably won't get a work permit here now, but in Jan we can loan him to out side of England and he can get a work permit there. He'll get a work permit in England and be able to play with us when he plays for Burkina Faso in an official competition.

Isn't there a rule that only top 80 or something countries as ranked by fifa can actually aid in this special talent work permit. If so, playing for Burkina Faso won't matter at all. He'd have to get a loan where the work permit criteria is different. National team involvement won't be enough.

Isn't there a rule that only top 80 or something countries as ranked by fifa can actually aid in this special talent work permit. If so, playing for Burkina Faso won't matter at all. He'd have to get a loan where the work permit criteria is different. National team involvement won't be enough.

Pretty sure Burkina Faso are easily within the top 80, no?

Burkina Faso is currently ranked 42 in the world. They won the African Cup of Nations 2 years ago.

They didn't. Burkina Faso has never won ACON, but They were in the final this year.

ZAMBIA won the African Cup of Nations 2 years ago. Nigeria won it this year against Burkina Faso (1-0)

Right. Got that messed up. Thanks for the corrections.