The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

• 2 weeks later...

@Vesper I saw a torrent for a film earlier and thought of you. Thought you would like it  Dead On Arrival The Punk Documentary That Almost Never Was

Thru the friend thats been staying with me Ive been listening to a lot of stuff I really haven;t listened to for any length of time. But a lot of accoustic stuff. Diff types of drums,didjg's  Been playing didgej quite a bit too.

But got turned onto these. Proper Deliverance looking squealers! but love the music.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

This has to be the worse dancing in the history of cinema FB. Pacino dances like he's being stung by a cattle prod and Michelle Pfeiffer has the coordination of a four year old it's unspeakably bad :)

Jean Claude disagrees.

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

@Sideshow Luiz Didn't mind that. Good vid. Bet they're a good live band.

Really like this guy. Amazing didge player = watch it all the way thru as it changes.

That guy's an incredible musician.  I don't come across stuff like this very often.  Thanks.  I'll be honest, I don't know how much I could listen to in a sitting.  But, you have to respect the talent.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

That guy's an incredible musician.  I don't come across stuff like this very often.  Thanks.  I'll be honest, I don't know how much I could listen to in a sitting.  But, you have to respect the talent.

I play - think I can play, the didgeridoo myself, Theres something very primeval I feel when I get into it after awhile. I always take it (and my bongos) when I go on my travels.

I know you wont understand or appreciate and I totally respect and understand it, but being wasted and amongst others in some sort of drum circle all playing these basic instruments, you get a very strong feeling of unity not only with the others playing but deeper. Yeah I know it sounds daft but my 86 year old father in law felt it also and started crying in happiness.

But I hear you. Ive a very wide taste in music but never been able to get into black/Death/Thrash metal. Or most C&W. (or pure pop lol)

Got turned on to these too. I go to this Folk Festival in Cambridge most years and I would love to get them on there.

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I play - think I can play, the didgeridoo myself, Theres something very primeval I feel when I get into it after awhile. I always take it (and my bongos) when I go on my travels.

I know you wont understand or appreciate and I totally respect and understand it, but being wasted and amongst others in some sort of drum circle all playing these basic instruments, you get a very strong feeling of unity not only with the others playing but deeper. Yeah I know it sounds daft but my 86 year old father in law felt it also and started crying in happiness.

But I hear you. Ive a very wide taste in music but never been able to get into black/Death/Thrash metal. Or most C&W. (or pure pop lol)

Got turned on to these too. I go to this Folk Festival in Cambridge most years and I would love to get them on there.

I feel you.  I play guitar, mostly at home by myself.  But playing with other people is always a different experience.

I'd say that calling your musical taste "wide" is a bit of an understatement.  I get not being in to metal, it's typically quite aggressive.  That Architects band I posted earlier would probably be more "emotional" than "aggressive" (their guitarist who was the brother of the drummer died before making their latest album, and there's definitely a theme on the album).

Maybe, a little bit more up your alley:  Despite all the metal I listen to, this is probably the artist I've seen live the most.  Only on 1 occasion did I see him on stage by himself, he's usually got a backing band.

12 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I feel you.  I play guitar, mostly at home by myself.  But playing with other people is always a different experience.

I'd say that calling your musical taste "wide" is a bit of an understatement.  I get not being in to metal, it's typically quite aggressive.  That Architects band I posted earlier would probably be more "emotional" than "aggressive" (their guitarist who was the brother of the drummer died before making their latest album, and there's definitely a theme on the album).

Maybe, a little bit more up your alley:  Despite all the metal I listen to, this is probably the artist I've seen live the most.  Only on 1 occasion did I see him on stage by himself, he's usually got a backing band.

EXCELLENT mate. Love it. Would happily go to watch him. Be great in a big stadium i reckon.

It put me in mind of going to see Queen at Milton Keynes in 82. Brian May did this solo using lots of different channels, made it sound like a different guitar was being played from different parts of the Bowl. Was amazing. This is the recording but it doesnt give any justice at all to the live show which is sad. Maybe if it was recorded in quadrophonic or summet.

51 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

EXCELLENT mate. Love it. Would happily go to watch him. Be great in a big stadium i reckon.

It put me in mind of going to see Queen at Milton Keynes in 82. Brian May did this solo using lots of different channels, made it sound like a different guitar was being played from different parts of the Bowl. Was amazing. This is the recording but it doesnt give any justice at all to the live show which is sad. Maybe if it was recorded in quadrophonic or summet.

Andrew Bird isn't that popular.  I've seen him play at the Barbican Centre, and up in some Church in North London somewhere.  You get right up close with him which is great.

Queen rules.  Brian May is incredible.  Don't confuse me with anything like that.  I sloppily play a bunch of Metallica covers in my basement.  I have 0 soul.  Just shits and giggles.  A hobby that keeps me off the streets :D

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Andrew Bird isn't that popular.  I've seen him play at the Barbican Centre, and up in some Church in North London somewhere.  You get right up close with him which is great.

Queen rules.  Brian May is incredible.  Don't confuse me with anything like that.  I sloppily play a bunch of Metallica covers in my basement.  I have 0 soul.  Just shits and giggles.  A hobby that keeps me off the streets :D

I was just thinking of putting him into a big stadium. Real loud, plenty of sound effects he could use.

Always wanted to play guitar. specially a Dobro. I've a good friend who is a great guitarist and plays the hell out of his Dobro. But i dont have the patience anymore to learn. Would rather go fishing lol

My 1st love tho is still my roots. 60s rare soul of every type. R&B,Funk,Detroit,Popcorn everything.

One that I can't get off my turntable right now. been offered £2k just lately for it but I'm a hoarde and haven't sold a record since 1974 when i sold my st collection to help my mum out.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Black Flag - DamagedRelated image

Unicorn Records ‎– 9502, SST Records ‎– 9502
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album 
US
Released:
16 Nov 1981
Genre:
Rock
Style:
Hardcore, Punk

R-581152-1215259912.jpeg.jpgR-581152-1215259927.jpeg.jpgp01bqj36.jpg

Ah old Rollins ! Saw them and also when he fronted the Ruts

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Ah old Rollins ! Saw them and also when he fronted the Ruts

The Ruts with Henry Rollins - Live in London July 16, 2007 HD (Paul Fox benefit gig)

The Ruts - In A Rut

The Ruts - SUS

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The Ruts with Henry Rollins - Live in London July 16, 2007 HD (Paul Fox benefit gig)

The Ruts - In A Rut

The Ruts - SUS

giphy.gif

Yeah Foxy had lung cancer I think. The original ruts lead singer Malcolm Owen died much to young -he was on the browns -only singers death I was genuinely cut up about.

Vastly underrated band