Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread


BlueLion.
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I'v'e got a lot of Shimano and Diawa

Here is a start (I will furthermore get names from my father, he is crazy into Edo wazao, handmade by master craftsman bamboo rods)

Edo wazao

The Arts of Summer: Bicycling, Fishing, and Gelato | Craftsmanship Magazine, Summer 2016

The Arts of Summer: Bicycling, Fishing, and Gelato | Craftsmanship Magazine, Summer 2016

Image result for Edo wazao

219726410_org.v1426158393.jpg

some rods go for over £100k

 

 

here is a good shop for non master made rods and other things

(killer clothing too)

 

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?mode=grp&gid=1651727&sort=n

HANDMADE TIE DYE LANDING NET - CURVE

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=127491229

127491229.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163744127491229_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163744

 

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=127491063

 

127491063.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163417

127491063_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163417

 

SOUTH2 WEST8 × SAKURA - SHORT STREAM ROD “SUIGO” / 5.4M

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=123054795

123054795.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20171003182513123054795_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20171003182513123054795_o5.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20171020112113

 

SOUTH2 WEST8 × SAKURA - TENKARA ROD "KONGO" / 4.5M

101502319.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20160422143614

101502319_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20160422143614

RIVER TREK JACKET - S2W8 CAMO / WATER PROOF

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=135787692

135787692.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20181005190200

TENKARA PARKA - NYLON TUSSORE

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=115380311

115380311.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20170323121133

 

BUSH PARKA - POLY MESH

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=129364809

129364809.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180313160314

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://vimeo.com/56724107 Classic.

This is epic:

that video reminds me of a hotel i stayed in Dublin while on acid watching the orb,either that or the shining!  

Posted Images

Deep Elm Sampler No. 13 "This Heart of Mine"

 

a4255012691_10.jpg

https://deepelmdigital.com/album/sampler-no-13-this-heart-of-mine

1.

Lights & Motion - Fireflies 05:25

2.

Floating In Space - Beyond the Stars03:46

3.

Christoffer Franzen - Light My Fire02:43

4.

Our Lost Infantry - Sagrada 03:27

5.

Lily And The Pearl - Be Mine 02:26

6.

Lights & Motion - Silver Lining 03:58

7.

Carly Comando - Dusk 04:25

8.

Inward Oceans - Paths From Home03:39

9.

Accents - Down Down Down 03:04

10.

Sons Of London - Russian Roulette03:38

11.

Floating In Space - First Dawn 02:57

12.

Christoffer Franzen - Wild Heart 01:47

13.

Late Night Condition - One Good Feeling 03:10

14.

This Drama - She Had A Knife (live)01:57

15.

Carly Comando - Karma 03:39

16.

U137 - Pearl Lakes 05:11

about

Celebrating 21 years of staunch independence, Deep Elm Records' 13th label sampler "This Heart Of Mine" features new and unreleased music from veterans Lights & Motion, cinematic composers Carly Comando and Christoffer Franzen, U137, Inward Oceans, Lily And The Pearl and many more. The new sampler serves as the premiere of the stunning new track "Silver Lining" by cinematic post-rock powerhouse LIGHTS & MOTION. "Silver Lining" will appear on the band's forthcoming fourth full-length album to be released in early 2017 after more than 24 months in the making. The band has not yet released the title of the album. The sampler also acts as an introduction to the latest addition to the Deep Elm roster: cinematic post-rock outfit FLOATING IN SPACE from Alicante, Spain. Floating In Space's twelve track instrumental debut "The Edge Of The Light" will be released in late Summer 2016. From post-rock to punk rock, indie rock to singer-songwriter, if you've never heard of Deep Elm Records chances are after listening to this sampler you will always have this stellar family of fine artists on your radar. Every current, new and forthcoming release in the Deep Elm catalog is represented in this brand new, hour long, Name Your Price sampler. Cover artwork by photographer Aaron Burden. 

"Our very first label sampler 'Records For The Working Class' was catalog number DER-369. The new label sampler is DER-569. Hard to believe we have released 200 albums in between. Where has the time gone? It sure passes quickly when you love what you do. What I think is so exciting is that we're releasing some of our first records ever...all credit to the bands. I'm simply the 'guy behind the guy behind the guy' to quote one of my favorite films Swingers. It's been an honor to have been involved in so much incredible music over the years. Deep Elm marches forward as a 'true' independent that exist for the love of music when most so-called 'indie' labels are, in fact, funded by major record labels and their affiliates. But not us. On a completely self-sufficient basis and without any outside support, Deep Elm competes in an industry dominated by corporate giants. We are proud to be 100% independent. So if you like what you hear, Name Your Price and spread the word. And in return, we'll make sure these bands are there when you need them" says label founder John Szuch. 

"Deep Elm Records has become as much a mark of quality as it is a record label. Especially when it comes to post-rock, you know any release that has Deep Elm's name on it is going to be good, such is the plethora of talent on their roster that we have become accustomed to." - Rockfreaks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Here is a start (I will furthermore get names from my father, he is crazy into Edo wazao, handmade by master craftsman bamboo rods)

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?mode=grp&gid=1651727&sort=n

HANDMADE TIE DYE LANDING NET - CURVE

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=127491229

127491229.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163744127491229_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163744

 

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=127491063

 

127491063.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163417

127491063_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180124163417

 

SOUTH2 WEST8 × SAKURA - SHORT STREAM ROD “SUIGO” / 5.4M

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=123054795

123054795.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20171003182513123054795_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20171003182513123054795_o5.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20171020112113

 

SOUTH2 WEST8 × SAKURA - TENKARA ROD "KONGO" / 4.5M

101502319.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20160422143614

101502319_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20160422143614

RIVER TREK JACKET - S2W8 CAMO / WATER PROOF

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=135787692

135787692.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20181005190200

TENKARA PARKA - NYLON TUSSORE

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=115380311

115380311.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20170323121133

 

BUSH PARKA - POLY MESH

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/?pid=129364809

129364809.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20180313160314

They do use very different tackle to us and fish in different ways dome of the time.

The Edo wazao,rods you mention that your dad likes are just gorgeous pieces of intricate art. Ive read up a lot and watched many vids of him making them. But they are made for a unique type of fishing. For tanago  The bait used is as small as a grain of rice!

They have competitions to catch the smallest fish. With piano wire used to make the hooks! Amazing/

Where though out the world fish are caught and prized for how big and heavy they are!

The original master craftsmen for these rods were Samurai. Making rods for when they relaxed. But as you probably know theres a big problem in Japan with the apprenticeship system and there are very few craftsmen alive and only 3 under 50 ylears old. But they are very secretive of their work and dont like passing their skills on so don't take apprentices. Instead they say they have to learn it by themselves which I find very strange.

Add to that the bamboo forests are being lost to real estate as they make nice areas for the rich to live. Plus the sap used for lacquer only comes from a certain urishi tree if I remember the name right. And the people who collect and refine just don;t do it any more and as it can be harmful to the skin and eyes it is a skilled job.

If your dads got a spare one he can chuck it my way (^◡^)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

They do use very different tackle to us and fish in different ways dome of the time.

The Edo wazao,rods you mention that your dad likes are just gorgeous pieces of intricate art. Ive read up a lot and watched many vids of him making them. But they are made for a unique type of fishing. For tanago  The bait used is as small as a grain of rice!

They have competitions to catch the smallest fish. With piano wire used to make the hooks! Amazing/

Where though out the world fish are caught and prized for how big and heavy they are!

The original master craftsmen for these rods were Samurai. Making rods for when they relaxed. But as you probably know theres a big problem in Japan with the apprenticeship system and there are very few craftsmen alive and only 3 under 50 ylears old. But they are very secretive of their work and dont like passing their skills on so don't take apprentices. Instead they say they have to learn it by themselves which I find very strange.

Add to that the bamboo forests are being lost to real estate as they make nice areas for the rich to live. Plus the sap used for lacquer only comes from a certain urishi tree if I remember the name right. And the people who collect and refine just don;t do it any more and as it can be harmful to the skin and eyes it is a skilled job.

If your dads got a spare one he can chuck it my way (^◡^)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Year Of The Pig

 

R-7464789-1442009113-6804.jpeg.jpg

Strange tune.

Looks like a good party tho/

How can something that lives in mud and eats shit taste so good?

 

A proper gig with a proper good band. Just excellent live.

 

 

Gotta love the Monkeys. Great that Reni got back with them.

The Documentary Made of Stone is great if you like them

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dread Flimstone & The Modern Tone Age Family - From The Ghetto

Label:
Polydor - 510 870 - 1, Acid Jazz - 510 870 - 1, Scotti Bros. Records - 510 870 - 1, Urban (2) - 510 870 - 1
Format:
Vinyl , LP, Album 
Country:
UK
Exit:
1991
Gender:
Electronic , Reggae
Style:
Acid Jazz , Dub

R-916087-1488314865-6204.jpeg.jpgR-1270636-1305750702.jpeg.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Still listening to Drab Majesty until I find something else. 

And this band from Cincy:

 

Must be a lot of old 80s stuff you are into like this.

7 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Not for everyone

 

Did you post one of this chick before? Sure someone did.

She's either posessed,a gimick that stayed or shes bonkers lol But I bet they have a big following.,

15 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

 

Not heard any Cult for awhile.

 

7:15 just got in. Need to relax.

Got Floyd on

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite rock/metal sounds originate between Manchester, West Yorkshire, Bergen, Goteborg, Vancouver and Tampa. But before all of that, I think my biggest influences were Yes, Billy Idol, Sade, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears... ALL English (except Billy Idol's guitarist and bassists on Rebel Yell). 

Anyway, Billy Duffy was a good guitar player years ago. I suggest the album, LOVE by The Cult. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

My favorite rock/metal sounds originate between Manchester, West Yorkshire, Bergen, Goteborg, Vancouver and Tampa. But before all of that, I think my biggest influences were Yes, Billy Idol, Sade, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears... ALL English (except Billy Idol's guitarist and bassists on Rebel Yell). 

Anyway, Billy Duffy was a good guitar player years ago. I suggest the album, LOVE by The Cult. 

 

Fuck me thats a mix and a half! Cant see the Yes/DD/Slade connecton lol  I do like Yes to mid/late 70s tho

I saw Slade in '70 when they were still skinheads. before the glam,makeup and mirrors. Actually did a couple of goot chewns theb too,

Then see them in 73 in Peterborough and there was one hellova John Wayne. Blood everywhere. Was another gig in town and all these greasers turned up and was chaos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Fuck me thats a mix and a half! Cant see the Yes/DD/Slade connecton lol  I do like Yes to mid/late 70s tho

I saw Slade in '70 when they were still skinheads. before the glam,makeup and mirrors. Actually did a couple of goot chewns theb too,

Then see them in 73 in Peterborough and there was one hellova John Wayne. Blood everywhere. Was another gig in town and all these greasers turned up and was chaos.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a phace in the early 70s 70-73 ish where we got into these trousers we called Ruperts. After the Bear of course,

There  was every color check in the rainbow and different  size checks. Also trouser width. Skinners jeans had just come in and I think were 24" parralell (loved the cord versions)

I had to be differenbt and wend down this liitle taylors down Jermyn St and had a pair mage in Black Watch check.French seams. Looked the bollox with a black Fred Perry and 3 silver button black blazer. Long single vent,2 ticket pockets amd 4 button cuff. Ftinged,tassled,buckled slip on Loake loafers. Like these but mine had a silver buckle too.

5c4ed3b4cc8e6_fringedandtassleweavers.jpg.6fd8c96cdc5c71f061b59fc81431de3a.jpg

Tell ya we were sharp old boys back then.

Noddy in some Ruperts

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...