The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

The Jam - Going Underground [The Reflex Revision]

genius rework:wub::wub::wub:

4521fe22dfeeb372e4fb811a62232d95.gif SACRILEGE!!! How can you mess with perfection!! The Jam were the best 3 piece band ever made. Saw them countless times. This is purile.

Tubestation is hard,gritty,raw. Not like you gal. You have shocked me lol

Gotta get my Fugee on now.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

4521fe22dfeeb372e4fb811a62232d95.gif SACRILEGE!!! How can you mess with perfection!! The Jam were the best 3 piece band ever made. Saw them countless times. This is purile.

Tubestation is hard,gritty,raw. Not like you gal. You have shocked me lol

Gotta get my Fugee on now.

Oh, well we will just disagree on this, The Reflex is one of the best remixers out there, I think he did an amazing job on a classic.

Isley Brothers - Who's That Lady [The Reflex Revision]

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Oh, well we will just disagree on this, The Reflex is one of the best remixers out there, I think he did an amazing job on a classic.

Isley Brothers - Who's That Lady [The Reflex Revision]

I just find it difficult to get my head around classics that have been remixed.

I think a remix should make the original better. And normally a dance track

Had my Irish Folk head on today

Been going to this Folk festival in Cambridge for years now. Theres all types of 'Folk: from the Pogues,Dylan,comedians. Its just a big excuse to get pissed for 3 days

But after the bands finish they all congregate around a big fire outside the all night Guinness and Bushmills tent and jam all night.

I always take my bohran ( and Didge ) with me and had great pleasure in trying to play along just me and Christy Mooer one night to this.

Also had a jam with John Joe Kelly who is the bodhran god!

I just love plain drum music no matter what style. Earliest form of long distant communication.

But theres a basic primeval feeling to it. Cant beat gettimg the bodhran or bongos out or a night on me didgereeedoo.

This guy  is the dogs dangleys. Solo starts @ 1:55 ishh

41 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Been going to this Folk festival in Cambridge for years now. Theres all types of 'Folk: from the Pogues,Dylan,comedians. Its just a big excuse to get pissed for 3 days

But after the bands finish they all congregate around a big fire outside the all night Guinness and Bushmills tent and jam all night.

I always take my bohran ( and Didge ) with me and had great pleasure in trying to play along just me and Christy Mooer one night to this.

I just love plain drum music no matter what style. Earliest form of long distant communication.

But theres a basic primeval feeling to it. Cant beat gettimg the bodhran or bongos out or a night on me didgereeedoo.

Do you like the Wolfe Tones?

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

Do you like the Wolfe Tones?

Yes mate tho I dont know much about them.

Theyve dome Cambridge a few years but only remember A Nation Once Again cause the crowd go bonkers to it, One way or another lol

On 8/28/2018 at 4:42 PM, Unionjack said:

What and you missed the greatest folk band Fairport Convention, shame on you:D

36 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

What and you missed the greatest folk band Fairport Convention, shame on you:D

They've been on quite a few times Gets to the stage you actually get bored of seeing Richard Thompson and Dave Swarbrick cause they seem to be on most years lol

The Three Johns - English White Boy Engineer

(Live at Chicago Metro 24th June 1985)

The Three Johns ‎– Live In Chicago
Label:
Last Time Round Records ‎– LAST 001
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album 
US
Released:

British post-punk/indie rock band formed in 1981 and disbanded 1990. 

This casual Leeds trio - Jon Langford (guitar; also leader of the Mekons, and, for the wink of an eye, a member of the Sisters of Mercy), John Hyatt (vocals, lyrics) and John Brennan (real name Phillip Brennan) (bass) - began by specializing in discordant socio-political guitar punk with trembling falsetto vocals; their career-long use of a rhythm machine rather than a live drummer has lent a unique tension to the group's sound.

R-2730767-1503651328-4606.jpeg.jpg500x500.jpg

21 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yeah get what you mean, never been the same since Sandy Denny sadly passed away.

Me all time fav from them was A sailors Life, I think from Unhalf Bricking.

Excellemt track mate.

Not saying I dont like their solo projects because its hard not to like Thompson or Swarbrick but theyre better together I think. But like allot of bands I think egos and band direction got in their ways.

But got my funky head on this morning.

One of the amazing Eddie Bos numbers as rare as rocking horse shit