The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Excellent taste FB

Been playing a bit of Reggae myself last couple of days. Saw him do this in a club called the Hummingbird in Brum about this time before he released it.

I was one of about 5 white lads in the place full of Rastas. Didn't know a soul when I got there but I left being good mates with a few and went on to a blues party. Only cause my ganga was better than theres tho I reckon lol One was one of the leaders of the Zulus. 6'7" lad called Stretch!!! Nice chap. Very quiet lol

Brilliant tune

I used to listen to a lot of reggae when I was 18 because it was the best music when you were blazing. BL above great tune, Frankie Paul, Black Uhuru, Steel Pulse, Eastwood and Saint I even bought Cockney Translation by poor old Smiley Culture.

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Cockney Translation by poor old Smiley Culture.

LOL So did I.

Cant beat some heavy dub with cowboys eyes and standing next to the speakers.!

Lots of great dub mate - The Scientist/Mad Professor/10 Foot Ganga Plant/

• 2 weeks later...

This is my fave by the Purple Hearts. Think it kinda sims up how we are feeling right now.

Chelsea might let me down now n then but the music stays the same.

I did a few gigs as DJ with these when they were 'hip' during the start of the 2nd Mod scene 78 thru 82 ishh. Was handy cause all the record companies would send me their latest test pressings and DJ copies. Worth a few quid now I'm pleased to say lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

U remember on one of the rare occasions I went to school after a summer break I had Ziggy Stardust given to me and I was just a soulboy at the time but I grew me hair and got a Bowie cut with a blue streak in it and a diamond stud. This wasn't the done thing for 'boys' in '72 and was sent home till I grew it out this of course made me skive even more.

Love his early stuff

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You are into Northern Soul a lot?

This is one of my favs

Excellent chewn. Got a demo. - So tell me about you and Northern. Gotta say youve surprised  me. 3b0d47f124f7989a13eaadd143e55de9.gif

Nah only since I was 13 lol You might know my other YT alas Gasmaskheadhunter?

Last 10 years or so got really into R&B dancers and popcorn like ballads,

But my faves are ones thats really hard to pigeonhole

On 27/07/2018 at 3:10 AM, Unionjack said:

Excellent chewn. Got a demo. - So tell me about you and Northern. Gotta say youve surprised  me. 3b0d47f124f7989a13eaadd143e55de9.gif

Nah only since I was 13 lol You might know my other YT alas Gasmaskheadhunter?

Last 10 years or so got really into R&B dancers and popcorn like ballads,

But my faves are ones thats really hard to pigeonhole

I am the baby of my family by 20 years, rest of family is really musical, I am the academic:). My oldest brother was a DJ (a real one, old skool house, played all over world) He constantly, since I was 3 and 4, gave me so so many types of music when he visited us in London and Hong Kong. I am super into late 1970's to mid eighties (before I was even born, lol) Punk, Oi!, (I was lucky enough to hang out at Chubby Hendo's (Combat 84 was his Oi! band, which I am sure you know) bar, the Dog's Bollocks in Thailand a year before he died, so there is real life Headhunter tieup, lolol),  New Wave, Post-Punk Industrial, plus I love Rocksteady, Reggae, Ska, Northern Soul, Soca (I am half Bajan so it surrounded me) and adore minimal techno/microhouse, 2-step, old school grime/early dubstep (2002 to 2006 shit, like Sinogrime), Skweee, witch house, seapunk, Electroclash, etc. I even like some death metal and thrash, but am reallllly picky about that. I detest country and gospel. LOVE old jazz (father was a jazz clarinettist on the side, mum a singer, thats how they  met in the 1960's in London)