The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

• 4 months later...

Trying to clear some cobwebs from me nut so got the windows wide open, having a vape of my home made Girl Scout Cookies oils and this is shaking the walls.Great album. Never did see them live which I'd have loved to.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno if anyones not heard of Boys Own but they were a bunch of football supporting lads that got together in 86ish and either because they were clever or the E's turmed summet on in their noggins but they produced some very clever Fanzines aimed at Football hooligan ishh,E dropping normal street wise lads that grew on to promoting amazing acid house parties and their own record label. Still wear me old Clockwork Orange t shirt.

The fanzines by the way are all reproduced and can be bought (or downloaded from your friendly neighbourhood torrent site if theres and seeds) And check out some of the music they produced,

Nice lads specially Terry Farley hes one of our own the old git..

Excellent album

41 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

Fucking Brilliant

Not being a Billy big bollox but I actually Dj'd at a party Bowie had (well I did a hour spot lol). But I sat and verballed at him off my head for a hour or so about Northern Soul/R&B etc and looking thru my records and he blew me away with how much he actually knew about it. Peeps say you shouldn't meet your heros but he was a down to earth guy and him being a big fave of mine (well upto and including Lets Dance) I started off blushing and farting but by the end we were having a spliff!

35 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not being a Billy big bollox but I actually Dj'd at a party Bowie had (well I did a hour spot lol). But I sat and verballed at him off my head for a hour or so about Northern Soul/R&B etc and looking thru my records and he blew me away with how much he actually knew about it. Peeps say you shouldn't meet your heros but he was a down to earth guy and him being a big fave of mine (well upto and including Lets Dance) I started off blushing and farting but by the end we were having a spliff!

Shit man you had a doobie with THE David Bowie?? :o

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

Shit man you had a doobie with THE David Bowie?? :o

LOL He even phoned me. Stalker hahaha

This is one of the 'Holy Grails' on the Northern Soul scene that DJs and record collectors have searched for for decades. I'm a jammy git thats got one lol Been offered $10k for it but they will have to prise it from my cold clammy dead hands if they want it! but I'd still put up a fight

1 minute ago, manpe said:

How did you even get to the point that you were DJing at his party?

I was Djng at a mates party and he was there with Seal. He came over to say he liked the music and would I do a spot for a party he was throwing. So gave him my number. Didn't expect to hear owt then about 3:00 one morning my phone goes and says Hi its David! So I thinks its me mate winding me up so laughs and says Yeah right fuck off lol. Hes saying no it is. So I hanged up. He sends me a text saying that he really was him. So I phoned back of course and sure enough was him.

Was just in this big house in West Hampstead. There were 2 big rooms for Dancing etc and loadsa Djs doing a hour each and loads of off the head people. I was on at 4am but peeps were havng a boogie. Didnt know anyone else there just the 4 of us that went. I got loadsa brownie points off the Mrs cause she used to have his posters on her wall as a kid lol Left about 11 in the morning but was still going on when I left.