Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread


BlueLion.
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://vimeo.com/56724107 Classic.

that video reminds me of a hotel i stayed in Dublin while on acid watching the orb,either that or the shining!  

This is epic:

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Beepu said:

Haha, that's definitely one of the better J-Pop songs I have heard :P Only a few K-Pop groups go the happy, colourful, girly style like this one though. 

 

Didn't know you were Japanese? 

Lol Funny thing is I wouldnt even consider that all too girly lol. It gets much more girly sadly, although I wouldnt be caught dead watching any of that. Makes me feel weird.:lol:

 

Just about

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adnane said:

Many Metallica fans here ? 

Their new record is growing inside day by day, however, the two below are the best tracks, really some of the heaviest riffs they've made for years. 

 

 

 

Personally like 'Moth into flame'. That's a really good one. Mid-tempo but some of the most enjoyable riffs. Really appealing if you've enjoyed their slower tracks like those from the Black album

 

[media]

[/media]

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Adnane said:

Many Metallica fans here ? 

Their new record is growing inside day by day, however, the two below are the best tracks, really some of the heaviest riffs they've made for years. 

 

 

I like it, a sort of back to the roots thrashy type of thing. Not a masterpiece like master of puppets, but it doesn't have to be. A simple thrashy album, but it does sound a bit the same throughout the record. "moth into flame" and "murder one" i like the most so far. "confusion" intro is obviously recycled from "am i evil?", and a few tracks  later they have a song  "am i savage?" :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Lol Funny thing is I wouldnt even consider that all too girly lol. It gets much more girly sadly, although I wouldnt be caught dead watching any of that. Makes me feel weird.:lol:

 

Just about

Haha that's true. Japan has alot of unique stuff for sure. Showed my friend Baby Metal (He likes heavy metal) and he said "What did I just watch?"

But sometime they have something like this come out:

14671274_1128734940554468_86147962330790

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Beepu said:

Haha that's true. Japan has alot of unique stuff for sure. Showed my friend Baby Metal (He likes heavy metal) and he said "What did I just watch?"

But sometime they have something like this come out:

14671274_1128734940554468_86147962330790

 

 

I am curious. How is Mina taken in South Korea?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

 

I am curious. How is Mina taken in South Korea?

I am not sure because I don't live there, but I am pretty sure that Twice is the most popular group right now and she is one of the more popular members. Actually all 3 Japanese members are the more popular ones.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres one off one of my Youtube channrls.

A excellent old Mod freakbeat tune that still fills the floors. Written and originally done by the Who of course. Pete Sears was on Keyboards and Hendrix payed guitar on a couple of their tunes

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beepu said:

I am not sure because I don't live there, but I am pretty sure that Twice is the most popular group right now and she is one of the more popular members. Actually all 3 Japanese members are the more popular ones.

The Chinese girl, Tsuzyu, herself seems to be really popular over here. That could be because there is a large, and pretty vocal, Chinese contingent in this country. From a marketing standpoint it is brilliant. Create a super-group from different backgrounds via a tv show in order to maximize popularity and marketability. 

 

I do wonder how long they will/can last as a group. I would think the more talented ones would probably leave to strike gold while the iron is hot. Such is the nature of these type of groups is that a few always end up carrying the rest. I didnt watch the show, but I can say pretty definitively that Mina cant sing at all. I know when Akira's funding ended at UTSA and they moved back to Japan that she was enrolled in ballet, but I am sure she was never enrolled in singing classes. That type of thing will bite you in the music business if you are going up against trained singers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The Chinese girl, Tsuzyu, herself seems to be really popular over here. That could be because there is a large, and pretty vocal, Chinese contingent in this country. From a marketing standpoint it is brilliant. Create a super-group from different backgrounds via a tv show in order to maximize popularity and marketability. 

 

I do wonder how long they will/can last as a group. I would think the more talented ones would probably leave to strike gold while the iron is hot. Such is the nature of these type of groups is that a few always end up carrying the rest. I didnt watch the show, but I can say pretty definitively that Mina cant sing at all. I know when Akira's funding ended at UTSA and they moved back to Japan that she was enrolled in ballet, but I am sure she was never enrolled in singing classes. That type of thing will bite you in the music business if you are going up against trained singers.

The thing about K-Pop is that you don't have to be a great singer to be an 'idol'. Just as long as you are not tone deaf, can dance very well and attractive. Tzuyu is popular everywhere, you can find her cardboard cutouts in some places like this

15181406_1834180146864892_12053278385538

But she had some controversy when she held a Taiwanese flag. Got accused as being an independence activist by some Chinese people. Not too sure about the details.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On November 25, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Beepu said:

The thing about K-Pop is that you don't have to be a great singer to be an 'idol'. Just as long as you are not tone deaf, can dance very well and attractive. Tzuyu is popular everywhere, you can find her cardboard cutouts in some places like this

15181406_1834180146864892_12053278385538

But she had some controversy when she held a Taiwanese flag. Got accused as being an independence activist by some Chinese people. Not too sure about the details.

 

She has the star quality.

 

 

Like she is so attractive it is scary, and I say this as a guy who doesnt normally go for Chinese girls. She'll be solo very soon I'd wager. Not sure how the Korean system works, but in Japanese groups a girl whose star shines as bright as hers usually kick their group to the curb sooner or later.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

great song, i love it, and in case people didnt notice, its the song used in the background in the pre match program, when they are talking about Wenger´s 1000th game with Arsenal, before our eventual 6-0 win over them ;) Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...