The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

• 2 weeks later...

A little pissed off because The Killers had to cancel their concert here for tomorrow night. Was really looking forward to it too.

@spike spiegel-two great tracks. Saw Springsteen live twice. (Although Courtney Cox didn't come dancing on stage in either performance-reference to the original Dancing in the Dark video) He has ridiculous energy on stage. Fantastic performances. Laid is just one hell of a song.

@the Skipper-Otis Redding is my favourite soul singer.His voice is just aching with emotion. He was just some kid hanging around the studio and one day Booker T and the M.Gs and finished early and they let him try a couple of songs. The second one he did was this awesomeness:

He just has so many incredible songs. In general, I just love Atlantic Records/Stax...Otis, Sam and Dave, Wilson Pickett, etc...

Entertaining as the video is, its an amazing song, especially this live version at woodstock!

One of the best live songs ever (a couple of the other contenders were at Woodstock as well. Hendrix and Ten Years After. Cocker was a spaz, with a very weird singing style where you can't really understand half of what he says and he flaps his arms around like he's trying to fly (with all the drugs going on at Woodstock, it's possible he was). One of the weirdest things about Woodstock is that despite it being one of the greatest concerts ever, people got so stoned, that half of them really seemed to have no idea what was happening on the stage.

Here's a funny take on the famous Ah Ha Take on Me video...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e062d7b4d5/take-on-me-literal-video-version-from-dustfilms