The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (Full Duration + German 12'')

Label:
Universal Music Catalogue ‎– 4766622
Format:
Box Set, Deluxe Edition, Remastered 
CD, Album, Reissue Of 1982 Original
UK & Europe
Released:
29 Jul 2016
Genre:
Electronic, Rock, Pop
Style:
New Wave, Synth-pop

R-8844926-1492598340-6435.jpeg.jpgR-8844926-1492598356-5609.jpeg.jpgR-8844926-1492598358-1584.jpeg.jpgR-8844926-1492598366-4432.jpeg.jpgR-8836904-1470523285-5256.jpeg.jpgR-8836904-1470523284-1152.jpeg.jpg

Some good stuff Ms @Vesper tho Im not a Maiden head.

I've had a mate staying with me last couple of days that used to be in the crew we used to go clubbing with from like 75 onwards. Its a long story but the Northern Soul scene split up and turned unto the Jazz Funk scene. Whereas the Northern lot were into old rare ubwanted when released stuff the JF scene wanted fresh upto the minute fastem a more comercialr (not yet Disco) soul.

There were times when the All Dayers would have 2 rooms with the 2 different followers in their own room but all paid and entered thru the 1 main door.

The Dayers were on sundays so us Northern lot had all been speeding for the 2 previous nights and now on barbiturates (sleepers) to come down and take the edge off things. Mixing a bit of falling down water with that and it could get messy. Add a lot of fancy looking dressers with curly perms,tight jeans,Hawaiian shirts and plastic sandals taking the piss about the Northern lots baggy trousers and it often kicked off!

But to some of us we loved both scenes and we would do our own clubs with 1 big main room and Djs from both scenes at the decks.

At the time there were some very big now famous old clubs and each had their own Dj. Eacxh club had whats known as a Tribe. Where the main peeps at the club all had a kinda fancy dress 'uniform' so when their Dj was booked out of town he would (or some other enterprizing young man =D ) hire coaches and take those peeps the the event. So you would have a crowd of say 2 - 5,000 crazy people all wearing their different colors. Dancing like mad people, waving banners and seeing who could build the highest Pyramis!! All off their faces!!

PLEASE do me a favor yeah and read this. Its a great article and puts what was going on in a nutshell. Might give you a small insight into what I was upto between Chelsea games hahaha

http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2017/07/all-dayer-feature

And of course. At the root of every underground scene (apart from gear) is the tunes!!

This to me epitomises where the Jazz Funk scene began, Absolutely just packed the dancefloor but some of us managed to find a bit of room ;)

On 05/02/2019 at 11:57 AM, Unionjack said:

Some good stuff Ms @Vesper tho Im not a Maiden head.

I've had a mate staying with me last couple of days that used to be in the crew we used to go clubbing with from like 75 onwards. Its a long story but the Northern Soul scene split up and turned unto the Jazz Funk scene. Whereas the Northern lot were into old rare ubwanted when released stuff the JF scene wanted fresh upto the minute fastem a more comercialr (not yet Disco) soul.

There were times when the All Dayers would have 2 rooms with the 2 different followers in their own room but all paid and entered thru the 1 main door.

The Dayers were on sundays so us Northern lot had all been speeding for the 2 previous nights and now on barbiturates (sleepers) to come down and take the edge off things. Mixing a bit of falling down water with that and it could get messy. Add a lot of fancy looking dressers with curly perms,tight jeans,Hawaiian shirts and plastic sandals taking the piss about the Northern lots baggy trousers and it often kicked off!

But to some of us we loved both scenes and we would do our own clubs with 1 big main room and Djs from both scenes at the decks.

At the time there were some very big now famous old clubs and each had their own Dj. Eacxh club had whats known as a Tribe. Where the main peeps at the club all had a kinda fancy dress 'uniform' so when their Dj was booked out of town he would (or some other enterprizing young man =D ) hire coaches and take those peeps the the event. So you would have a crowd of say 2 - 5,000 crazy people all wearing their different colors. Dancing like mad people, waving banners and seeing who could build the highest Pyramis!! All off their faces!!

PLEASE do me a favor yeah and read this. Its a great article and puts what was going on in a nutshell. Might give you a small insight into what I was upto between Chelsea games hahaha

http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2017/07/all-dayer-feature

And of course. At the root of every underground scene (apart from gear) is the tunes!!

This to me epitomises where the Jazz Funk scene began, Absolutely just packed the dancefloor but some of us managed to find a bit of room ;)

GREAT article!!

Here is some uber proto (made in 1978, never officially released until 2008) electro funk from east coast USA

totally early 80's groove, way ahead of its time

Bruce Haack - Party Machine

I imagine those all dayers played Italo disco too?

Charlie - Spacer Woman - original HQ upload (1983)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eglu23iGsU0

Image result for Charlie - Spacer Woman

Sweet Female Attitude - Flowers (Wackside's Tweaker Mix)

Label:
WEA ‎– 8573 82837-0, Milkk ‎– milkk 2, Club Culture ‎– 8573 82837-0
Format:
Vinyl, 12" 
Germany
Released:
Genre:
Electronic
Style:
UK Garage

R-707838-1157097291.jpeg.jpg

Zedd Ft. Foxes - Clarity (Tom Budin Remix)

Label:
Not On Label (Zedd) ‎– ZEDDCLARITY001
Format:
Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Limited Edition, Unofficial Release 
Europe
Released:
Genre:
Electronic, Pop
Style:
Ballad, House, Electro House, Dubstep

R-5437286-1393599817-1062.jpeg.jpg

Gorillaz - Dare (DFA Remix)

expand................

Image result for mini demon gif

Label:
Parlophone ‎– 12RDJ 6668X
Format:
Vinyl, 12", Single Sided, White Label, Stamped 
UK
Released:
Aug 2005
Genre:
Electronic
Style:
Leftfield, House, Electro, Disco

R-6408035-1418502472-5638.jpeg.jpg

@Vesper Some crackers there mate,

Never got into the whole techno scene. Went from the All Sayers back to the All Nighters then came Shoom, The Wag, Heaven etc and the amazing  M25 Orbital parties.

I got invited by the promotors of this quite hip club (Phonox) up the road from me next Saturday night. Think hes just creeping round me for some clippings off my tomato plants but he gave me a flash drive with what they play on a Saturday and have to say it sounds fresh. Nice bit funkiness going on.

No real vids only short clips but heres an hour warm up sopot of the main Sat night Dj Esa.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

@Vesper Some crackers there mate,

Never got into the whole techno scene. Went from the All Sayers back to the All Nighters then came Shoom, The Wag, Heaven etc and the amazing  M25 Orbital parties.

I got invited by the promotors of this quite hip club (Phonox) up the road from me next Saturday night. Think hes just creeping round me for some clippings off my tomato plants but he gave me a flash drive with what they play on a Saturday and have to say it sounds fresh. Nice bit funkiness going on.

No real vids only short clips but heres an hour warm up sopot of the main Sat night Dj Esa.

Well, techno is such a broad term, lol. I dont even know if I have posted any real techno on here. I just adore a whole variety of underground dance music, especially the late 1990's to late 2000's. Having a DJ brother 20 plus years older than me growing up helped a lot!!! We are also lucky, as (after Berlin) we live in the best techno clubbing city in Europe, the Swedish scene is AMAZING. I shall post some more Swedish stuff (I already put up the uber commercial Eric Prydz) My 'serious' techno friends hate stuff like Swedish House Mafia, Prydz, etc, but I looooove to just sometime go out with wifey and dance to upfront, Ministry of Sound commercial type stuffs, lolol.

Sander Kleinenberg - Essential Mix 10.06.2001 (BBC Essential Mix Of The Year)

superb turn of the millennium example of a WC tech house DJ at top of his game

[00:00] 01. Essential Mix - Intro
[00:25] 02. Tijuana vs. Oneiro - Groove Is In The Air (Simon's Sweepapella) vs. Shhh! (Circles & Circles Of Sorrow)
[01:49] 03. Altocamet vs. Oneiro - Pasion Descalza (Swayzak's Vocal Mix 1) vs. Shhh! (Circles & Circles Of Sorrow)
[07:24] 04. Lexicon Avenue vs. Lunic - From Dusk Till Dawn (Mix One) vs. Somebody Said Groove (Accapella)
[18:59] 05. PMT - Deeper Water (Sander Kleinenberg's Caffeine Remix)
[26:57] 06. Sunkissed - Round Trip (Steve Porter Mix)
[34:01] 07. Marcello Castelli - Sonar
[40:35] 08. Depeche Mode - I Feel Loved (Danny Tenaglia's Labor Of Love Dub)
[50:10] 09. Christian Hornbostel vs. Snake River Conspiracy vs. Anterra - Back To The Music (Tough & Twisted Mix) vs. How Soon Is Now? (Prince Quick Mix's Tripapella) vs. Distance
[56:54] 10. Seth Lawrence - Future Sound Of Amherst (Starecase Remix)
[1:03:06] 11. Mike Vandenberg - Blue Bayou
[1:07:48] 12. Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon (Cass & Slide Remix)
[1:16:26] 13. Luigi - Creation (Blackwatch's Eastend Mix)
[1:21:22] 14. Dan Robbins - D.B.D (Chanting In The Dark) (Madam's Tribal Auditorium Mix)
[1:29:45] 15. Fluke - Bullet (Cannonball)
[1:35:47] 16. Chamber - Big & Bouncy
[1:42:43] 17. Van Bellen - 20/20 (Saints & Sinners Incensed Remix)
[1:52:05] 18. Fluke - My Spine
[1:57:33] 19. Tijuana - Groove Is In The Air (Simon's Sweepapella)
[1:58:32] 20. Cass & Slide - All The Freaks

R-87078-1239265052.jpeg.jpgR-87078-1239265239.jpeg.jpg

@sully I'm gussing as your 1st game was 79 nyou might have got to see The Jam yeah?

Must have seen them 25 times or more. Followed them across Europe for awhile on their Trans Global Unity tour.

Nearly always finshed with this. Probably the tightest 3 piece theres been I know of.