Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Frank Lampard - The Record Breaker: 203 Goals

Wilson
Followers 0

i hope he surpasses Bobby Tambling and becomes Chelsea's top goalscorer.

as some of you said here, he will be playing much deeper but if he still takes the penalties and scores a few goals from open play aswell, i think in 1 and a half-2 years time he will be top of the list.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be quite an achievement, 200 goals from midfield. He's already got 186, I think he can get there perhaps at the end of the upcoming season or early on in the season following.

Well he still posted 16 goals from deep positions last season!

Not exactly. 12 of those came under AVB and back then, he was pretty much still playing in his usual midfield role. Scored only 4 under RDM - 3 from penalties & 1 from free kick.

17 goals is perfectly 'gettable'. I very much see Lampard now he plays a deeper role, playing for Chelsea for the next 3-4 seasons like Scholes and Giggs. Obviously season upon season his gametime will diminish, but he still probably has at least another 100 games in him for Chelsea.

I think every Chelsea fan is willing him on to break the record!

Not exactly. 12 of those came under AVB and back then, he was pretty much still playing in his usual midfield role. Scored only 4 under RDM - 3 from penalties & 1 from free kick.

I see your point but he scored those 12 goals under Villas-Boas whilst being moved in and out of the team. Plus a handful of them were penalties, also.

• 2 months later...

He needs 11 more Premier League goals to pass Robbie Fowler. I don't hate a lot of players, but that guy was a mother^$%^# (especially the way he taunted Le Saux who was a class act).

Glad Le Saux elbowed the cunt.

• 5 months later...