Gianfranco Zola

KENT_BLUE

People seem to forget the Greatest that Zola possessed. Today I had a discussion w/ a guy, who told me that David Silva from Man City is better that Zola nope.gif I said hold up, does Silva take free kicks like this:

I don't think so. IMHO there is only one player that is close to the influence on a match like Zola & his name is Juan Manuel Mata.

People seem to forget the Greatest that Zola possessed. Today I had a discussion w/ a guy, who told me that David Silva from Man City is better that Zola nope.gif I said hold up, does Silva take free kicks like this:

I don't think so. IMHO there is only one player that is close to the influence on a match like Zola & his name is Juan Manuel Mata.

I wouldn't go that far, yet.

Suarez (just on his footballing ability) is comparable to Zola.

However a big part of Zola's game, was being the nicest players to have ever graced the game, so Suarez cannot touch such a legend.

I thought Suarez was more comprable to Gudjohnsen in a footballing sense, likes to play a bit but does not have an amazing goal record for a forward.

No one is comparable to Zola,comparing him with Mata just because he had 5 good games is a insult to me and should be to the Chelsea faithful.

bro, slow your roll. I said he has some abilities, but he is not like Zola. Just curious, are you more upset w/ Mata being compared to Zola or w/ Suarez being compared to Zola??? BTW, what do you think of my friend that said David Silva is BETTER than Zola??? I am surprised you didn't read that.

bro, slow your roll. I said he has some abilities, but he is not like Zola. Just curious, are you more upset w/ Mata being compared to Zola or w/ Suarez being compared to Zola??? BTW, what do you think of my friend that said David Silva is BETTER than Zola??? I am surprised you didn't read that.

Didn't quote or reply to your post mate,i was just suggesting the general opinion :)

Suarez is comparable to Zola in terms of skill but Zola had much more pace then Suarez and he was deadly from a set piece. Zola was something else, he would add so much to this side, i miss him soooooo much he used to make me watch match of the day every Saturday morning as a kid. I used to try the little turns and drop of the shoulder's of Zola with a rolled up sock :doh: when i was 10, if he played in the current Chelsea side he would win those games were they are leading to a bore draw he was that special. He was not robotic like many of our players he could turn someone and create space like no other player. The only player in the late 90's who was just as good as Zola at playing the second striker role was Parma's Ariel Ortega, Ortega was a Argentinean genius.

Suarez is comparable to Zola in terms of skill but Zola had much more pace then Suarez and he was deadly from a set piece. Zola was something else, he would add so much to this side, i miss him soooooo much he used to make me watch match of the day every Saturday morning as a kid. I used to try the little turns and drop of the shoulder's of Zola with a rolled up sock :doh: when i was 10, if he played in the current Chelsea side he would win those games were they are leading to a bore draw he was that special. He was not robotic like many of our players he could turn someone and create space like no other player. The only player in the late 90's who was just as good as Zola at playing the second striker role was Parma's Ariel Ortega, Ortega was a Argentinean genius.

Top post. I also dont think theres ever been a footballer with a better temprament.

• 3 months later...

"I believe the same thing that everyone else does, they play spectacular football, very pretty to see. The majority of supporters admire Barcelona because of their fantastic football and for the type of players they have," Zola told the club's official website.

"It’s a big challenge because it’s not easy to win the Champions League, even more so for a team like Barca, having won so much. However, if anyone can do it, they can."