Gianfranco Zola

KENT_BLUE

I'd bow down and kiss his feet kissass_zpsbayqurzl.gif  icon_bowing21.gif 

"Gianfranco Zola OWNS this pitch!" Rio Ferdinand slams Chelsea steward who told Blues legend to get off grass

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gianfranco-zola-owns-pitch-rio-9348152

21 hours ago, Unionjack said:

"Gianfranco Zola OWNS this pitch!" Rio Ferdinand slams Chelsea steward who told Blues legend to get off grass

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gianfranco-zola-owns-pitch-rio-9348152

21 hours ago, Unionjack said:

That chelsea steward needs a round house kick to the face :middlefinger:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Really stoked for Zola to come back where he belongs. 

He holds a particularly special place amongst my favourite Chelsea players simply because growing up watching that early - mid 90's team which was nothing more than average, to suddenly be watching someone as naturally skillful and talented as Zola was unbelievable. Gullit was a similar feeling too to be honest but he was in the twilight of his career whereas Zola was the gift that just kept on giving!

I was at the 97 cup final and his flick for Eddie Newton's goal still is one of the most beautiful pieces of skill I've seen from a Chelsea player, particularly given the stage it was on.

An absolute gentleman to round it all off too.

11 hours ago, the wes said:

IMG-20180713-WA0000.jpg

11 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I`ve been singing that before I saw this pick. be great to have him back at the club. hopefully he`s treated better than Butch was at the end.

11 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Really stoked for Zola to come back where he belongs.

An absolute gentleman to round it all off too.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Can't wait to see what sort of an influence he and Sarri will have on Eden Hazard if he stays this season. Potential match made in heaven.

Lads can you imagine the cheer that will go up when he is announced at the Bridge!!!

I know hes not set the world on fire in management thus far but to have our old legends coming home to help us. Its good for Blue morale on and off the pitch.

Now wheres JT?

44 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Lads can you imagine the cheer that will go up when he is announced at the Bridge!!!

I know hes not set the world on fire in management thus far but to have our old legends coming home to help us. Its good for Blue morale on and off the pitch.

Now wheres JT?

Agreed, that is one thing that the board cannot be bashed about is that they've made a lot of efforts to appreciate and celebrate the legacy of the club before Roman was here. A number of the old boys that Bates fell out with have been welcomed back and bridges built, and a few of the players in the 90's sides have come back and played a role in the club such as Newton, Morris, Flo, Myers, Cudicini, etc. In fact I believe I read that Cudicini would be staying on after Conte which makes sense as he had no ties to him before Chelsea and could help the settling in of Sarri.

Should of mentioned this in my other post but when Steve Holland left for England, I think Antonio missed a big chance by not trying to get him in to replace him or in the club as some other capacity. The squad will have an instant respect for him, he is one of arguably the best to pull on a jersey for the club and in many peoples eyes probably the best so I think this is a big plus for us. Excited to see how things pan out in Australia for this match as well, lots of young guys in the squad obviously so lets see if any impress him or Sarri. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gianfranco Zola delights in Chelsea return as Maurizio Sarri’s assistant

“I’m glad for it, very grateful. But now there’s a lot of work I need to do to deserve it. I’m here totally at the disposal of Maurizio and hope I can give the best of myself for him to be successful. His success will be my pride and my happiness.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/26/gianfranco-zola-delighted-chelsea-return

• 3 months later...