Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Lee Sawyer contract terminated

Lee Sawyer, who had most recently been on loan with Southend United, has had his contract terminated.Sawyer, 20, had featured as an unused substituteunder Luiz Felipe Scolari, and has also played on loan with Wycombe andCoventry. We wish him well for the future.

Source: Chelsea FC

Came a little out of the blue this one, saw that he parted ways with Southend in bad ways. But that we have dropped him as well means that something has really gone on there. Ever since i first saw his name being mentioned which was a long time ago in a Milk Cup competition he has always had "temprament issues"...

He is a decent little player though and i am sure he will get picked up somewhere. It is a shame in one sense that the point of the academy is to either produce players for our first team or produce players we can move on and generate a fee from, this we have not done with Lee, but i guess the club had their reasons for letting him go.