Fabio Borini

.Cee

The board used to keep him away from the first team, now they keep him away of Chelsea. This is the end of his Chelsea career.

He is playing well atm, scoring goals for fun. It's time for a bigger challenge.

Lord knows that won't happen at Chelsea.

And I can understand why. At a club like ours where there is enormous pressure on the manager to give wins every game, giving academy players a chance is extremely difficult. Especially at Chelsea, because we have Roman here who like everybody knows doesn't ponder too much before firing managers. If I were to put myself in the manager's shoes, that's what I'd be doing as well. Because I know that a string of bad results would see me losing my job. Not that I don't care about youth development-managers crave to remembered as the guy that recognised a youngster's potential and gave him the chance to develop into a star-but, I have to remain in my job to be able to do that somewhere down the line. Know what I mean?

Trophies are what matters to CFC right now, because trophies and titles will get us closer to a level pegging with the traditional 'big' European powerhouses-the likes of Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Milan, Juve, Ajax, United and Liverpool. Until that happens, whoever the manager is, the focus will be on silverware and not bringing in youngsters; unless we discover an absolute gem a la Josh. That's they way it will be, and we have to accept it, unless the fans and Roman are willing to make youth development their main aim at the cost of going a long period without success, a la Arsenal. You only have to look at the doomsday reactions from supporters a couple of months back when the results were not coming by, to know what kind of pressure Carlo is under to achieve success.

Having said that, of course I'm sad to see Borini go, as I would be when any talented youngster doesn't make it here, but we have to understand that a majority of them won't. It's just the way life is at a major club.

And I can understand why. At a club like ours where there is enormous pressure on the manager to give wins every game, giving academy players a chance is extremely difficult. Especially at Chelsea, because we have Roman here who like everybody knows doesn't ponder too much before firing managers. If I were to put myself in the manager's shoes, that's what I'd be doing as well. Because I know that a string of bad results would see me losing my job. Not that I don't care about youth development-managers crave to remembered as the guy that recognised a youngster's potential and gave him the chance to develop into a star-but, I have to remain in my job to be able to do that somewhere down the line. Know what I mean?

Trophies are what matters to CFC right now, because trophies and titles will get us closer to a level pegging with the traditional 'big' European powerhouses-the likes of Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Milan, Juve, Ajax, United and Liverpool. Until that happens, whoever the manager is, the focus will be on silverware and not bringing in youngsters; unless we discover an absolute gem a la Josh. That's they way it will be, and we have to accept it, unless the fans and Roman are willing to make youth development their main aim at the cost of going a long period without success, a la Arsenal. You only have to look at the doomsday reactions from supporters a couple of months back when the results were not coming by, to know what kind of pressure Carlo is under to achieve success.

Having said that, of course I'm sad to see Borini go, as I would be when any talented youngster doesn't make it here, but we have to understand that a majority of them won't. It's just the way life is at a major club.

If it was any other player I'd agree. But with this whole saga surrounding Borini, I think it's simply the fact Carlo been told not to play him. When Carlo first came he singled out 3 players he saw great potential in; Kakuta, McEachran & Borini. 2 made various sub appearances, albeit not much, but still showed Carlo would eventually give them a chance. With Borini, in the first half of the 09/10 season he was a substitute, made a few off it. Then in the 2nd half he started to get frozen out, he even said himself Carlo liked him, but had been told not to play him.

It's clear this issue is a very political one. Whether Borini's agent & the club have had a falling out, or something else has gone on, we'll probably never know. What is clear is, whatever the manager, Borini will not get his chance at CFC and we're simply waiting for an offer to come in. Parma, I think, are the biggest club interested. They were waiting till after his injury and I think in the summer, they'll come back.

As for this loan, it's a good move for all involved. It'll stop Borini hampering his development even more, by getting some first team action & it'll also be less of a burden on us (from holding him back). I hope one day he comes back to bite the hierarchy in the ass :)

If it was any other player I'd agree. But with this whole saga surrounding Borini, I think it's simply the fact Carlo been told not to play him. When Carlo first came he singled out 3 players he saw great potential in; Kakuta, McEachran & Borini. 2 made various sub appearances, albeit not much, but still showed Carlo would eventually give them a chance. With Borini, in the first half of the 09/10 season he was a substitute, made a few off it. Then in the 2nd half he started to get frozen out, he even said himself Carlo liked him, but had been told not to play him.

It's clear this issue is a very political one. Whether Borini's agent & the club have had a falling out, or something else has gone on, we'll probably never know. What is clear is, whatever the manager, Borini will not get his chance at CFC and we're simply waiting for an offer to come in. Parma, I think, are the biggest club interested. They were waiting till after his injury and I think in the summer, they'll come back.

As for this loan, it's a good move for all involved. It'll stop Borini hampering his development even more, by getting some first team action & it'll also be less of a burden on us (from holding him back). I hope one day he comes back to bite the hierarchy in the ass :)

I agree with regards to Borini. This move is a way for the club to safely run down his contract, while also giving him a chance to impress interested clubs, because league football > reserves football.

What I was talking about was why academy youngsters in general are difficult to bring through at a club like ours which is hungry for trophies.

What I was talking about was why academy youngsters in general are difficult to bring through at a club like ours which is hungry for trophies.

Ah okay, well in that case I agree with you. It's a shame, because Abramovich made a great investment into Cobham when he came in the hope the youth would eventually cease the need for so many huge signings. I just hope in the summer we don't buy a whole new squad, just enough necessary players - Which will also leave room for some of those young players to crop up. Hopefully anyway. Getting a new Youth Director would be an ideal start (with Arnesen leaving)

Massively dissapointed with the whole Borini situation. It will be so gutting to see him leave the club in the summer which seems inevitable. We are still not being able to show that we are capable of bringing young players through to the first team. Borini is a born goalscorer - simple as that and will be a top player.

Getting a new Youth Director would be an ideal start (with Arnesen leaving)

The only person I recognise as a good youth diector is Arnesen! He was the one who founded Gudjohnsen and Ronaldo! Who else is any good at founding upcoming players??

The only person I recognise as a good youth diector is Arnesen! He was the one who founded Gudjohnsen and Ronaldo! Who else is any good at founding upcoming players??

Scouting players ≠ developing youth

Not to mention that we've been through his "Ronaldo success" before.

Borini on his move

Brendan was the key to my move, He was my old manager in Chelsea reserves and he asked me if I was interested to move to Swansea for the last nine games of the season to help the team get promoted to the Premier League.

I said I was very interested and the move happened very quickly. I like the way Brendan teaches football, the way he treats people and the attitude he puts towards training. It’s the right mix for a positive environment. He has brought me here to play my football and of course to help the team.

It’s just hard to get in the Chelsea first team, They’ve got Drogba, Torres and Anelka, some of the best strikers in the world. As a young striker it’s nice to be involved in the first team.

I got eight appearances last year, but now it is time for me to get some football.

I can’t expect to be up front instead of Torres, Drogba and Anelka, they are top strikers so I have to learn from them first. I trained a few times with Fernando. At the beginning it was a little bit strange. I had always watched videos to learn from him and then I could watch him in training. He is a good lad, quiet but a very, very good player. To play with Torres in the Premier League would be a dream.